Everton 2 (Billy, Fellaini) West Ham 2

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Everton 2 (Billy, Fellaini) West Ham 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Everton 2 (Billy, Fellaini) West Ham 2

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 7:03 pm

Why all the stick for Arteta? What was so bad?

(I missed the game)
My other LB is a Ferrari
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2006-01-27

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 (Billy, Fellaini) West Ham 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Everton 2 (Billy, Fellaini) West Ham 2

Post  Armchair on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 7:05 pm

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:
Why all the stick for Arteta? What was so bad?

(I missed the game)

Not bad per se, just ineffective. No real drive, lots of sideways passing and one particularly woeful shot towards the end. He seems to be lacking confidence.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19964
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 7:20 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:It is a mental problem.. not a squad or whatever.

you talking about BB???

just a joke kids

I see the pm's have been doing the rounds.
Yes, I'm ill. Yes, I take Morphine for pain relief. Yes, I get psychological side effects because of medication such as depression, anxiety, suicidal tendancies, and thoughts of killing forum members. All part of supporting Everton. cheers

Feel free to giggle behind my back though. I have more things to concern myself with. Thanks. Everton 2 (Billy, Fellaini) West Ham 2 - Page 11 Confused
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 7:38 pm

Haha ^

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 7:40 pm

BB wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

you talking about BB???

just a joke kids

Yes, I'm ill. Yes, I take Morphine for pain relief. Yes, I get psychological side effects because of medication such as depression, anxiety, suicidal tendancies, and thoughts of killing forum members. All part of supporting Everton. cheers

Feel free to giggle behind my back though. I have more things to concern myself with. Thanks. Everton 2 (Billy, Fellaini) West Ham 2 - Page 11 Confused

Tell you what, you've definitely got the best drugs of anyone on here. Most of them are buzzing on catnip, with a few smoking suppositories and the odd one on beechams, so you've got the high ground there.

Did you see what i did there - the "high" ground????
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24091
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 7:58 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Did you see what i did there - the "high" ground????

Yeah, I can see all the angels and the gates have blue and white scarves on. cheers
Unfortunately I don't get highs mate. I'm just normal, like you. Very Happy

BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 9:43 pm

OK without having to read 18 pages of match thread, what happened today? I was getting updates from a mate whilst down London Road and friends were taking the piss when we realised that Everton we a) losing to West Ham, b) losing 2-1 to West Ham and then c) only getting a point against 10 man West Ham.

Were we that bad? Has DM lost it? What next?

Fuck me 5pts from the drop zone, we are fucked!
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37041
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 9:49 pm

Super wrote:OK without having to read 18 pages of match thread, what happened today? I was getting updates from a mate whilst down London Road and friends were taking the piss when we realised that Everton we a) losing to West Ham, b) losing 2-1 to West Ham and then c) only getting a point against 10 man West Ham.

Were we that bad? Has DM lost it? What next?

Fuck me 5pts from the drop zone, we are fucked!

It was unconvincing, no matter which way you look at it. Must do better seems to be the thought for the day.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 10:04 pm

BB wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
you talking about BB???

just a joke kids

bb why would we laugh at you because you are ill? We might take the piss because you come out with a real corker now and then, but not because you are ill. Chill out mate and pull up a stool.... No, put that down, I meant a barstool

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 10:07 pm

Basically we were shite for 77 minutes.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20135

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 10:15 pm

Toffee Dan wrote:Basically we were shite for 77 minutes.

Cheers mate, nice and simple that! Another night of not watching MOTD then.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37041
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 10:22 pm

Super wrote:
Toffee Dan wrote:Basically we were shite for 77 minutes.

Cheers mate, nice and simple that! Another night of not watching MOTD then.

West Ham were deservedly ahead at half time but we looked much better in the second half, after a rollocking by Moyes I suspect. We scored a good goal through Bily after a knock down by Fellaini. Seamus Coleman then missed an open goal which would have probably won us the game, probably a more difficult chance than it seemed at the time. 90 seconds after that West Ham went back up with a decent cross and a good header from Piquionne. He then got sent off for jumping into his own fans, the ref didnt really have a choice as he was already on a yellow card. Fellaini then scored an equaliser right at the end of the game when he managed to get his shot off despite Upson and Spector challenging him. A decent finish by the big man.

Shite game and we were lucky to get a point to be fair.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 10:28 pm

Dixie / Dan.. did you go to the game toay ?? ..it sounded like there was a lot of boooo'ing at half & full time ???
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34703

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 10:31 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Dixie / Dan.. did you go to the game toay ?? ..it sounded like there was a lot of boooo'ing at half & full time ???

No I wasnt there mate. Thank Christ. Very Happy

Wedding in 11 weeks so no pennies to watch the footie at the moment.

There did seem to be a lot of booing though. I suppose I cant blame the fans after the first half performance, it was nowhere near good enough. We were better in the 2nd half though and probably would have won if Seamus had scored his chance.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 10:34 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Dixie / Dan.. did you go to the game toay ?? ..it sounded like there was a lot of boooo'ing at half & full time ???

No I wasnt there mate. Thank Christ. Very Happy

Wedding in 11 weeks so no pennies to watch the footie at the moment.

There did seem to be a lot of booing though. I suppose I cant blame the fans after the first half performance, it was nowhere near good enough. We were better in the 2nd half though and probably would have won if Seamus had scored his chance.
agreed, we were poor beyond belief, but Spam were shite as well

why Seamus didn't head it I'll never understand... it really was a sitter
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34703

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Sat 22 Jan 2011, 11:01 pm

Yes - some booing - some for the team some (wrongly) for the ref. The crowd were relatively patient considering just how badly we played.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 23 Jan 2011, 10:16 am

Toffee Dan wrote:Yes - some booing - some for the team some (wrongly) for the ref. The crowd were relatively patient considering just how badly we played.

Patient but amazingly quiet (again).
The first half, not one chant.
Zero atmosphere, as usual, if it's not a "big game."
We often need controversy to get us going, but there wasn't much of that either.

DM will go back to 4-1-4-1. The only one that really works for him and us.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6466
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Sun 23 Jan 2011, 11:29 am

Everton vs Promoted Teams (say -5 points)

Blackpool A 2-2 Toon H 0-1 WBA H 1-4

vs Shit Teams (-4 points)

West Ham H 2-2 A 1-1 (-2) Wolves H 1-1 (0) Wigan H 0-0 (-2)

Therefore vs Good and (more-or-less) Established teams: (+3 points)
Home 3-2-1 Away 2-5-3 Total 5-7-4

Which is pretty much the same as last year: Shite +3, Spurs +2, Stoke +2, Man U -2, Bolton -2 Arsenal 0 (home - Total +3), Shite +1, Spurs +1, Fulham +1, Brum +2, Villa -1, Blackburn -3, Chelsea 0, Stoke -1, Man City 0, Sunderland 0 (Total 0)

We have improved against the better teams by 3 points (unless you demote Brum to Shit teams - making it 1 point) - but basically we're letting ourselves down by failing to break down the so called weaker teams and the more street wise (perhaps) promoted sides.

If we look at the performances themselves - 5 wins (good in 4 of them pretty ordinary vs Stoke) - In the drawn games we definitely did well at Chelsea, Spurs, ok at most of the other away games - ok at Villa (a bit unlucky), We've definitely let ourselves down in nearly all the first 7 games listed above and at Stoke (we were ok at Blackpool and rather unfortunate at home to Wolves - you can take a bit of bad luck cos you get some good luck along the way - Stoke at home for example - but in summary around 6 or 7 of the 23 games have been substandard - if you marked the performances out of 10 we'd be hovering around or just above 5/10 - which really isn't good enough - and a net loss of 4 points on last season means with a matched level from last season (a reasonable aspiration) we would have been in 7th place.

ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sun 23 Jan 2011, 11:53 am

TD, it sounds from your post that we struggle against the teams that sit back and hit us on the break (i.e. the mediocre) ones, whereas teams that attack us we better against, presumably because we have more space to play our passing game.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19964
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Sun 23 Jan 2011, 12:17 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:TD, it sounds from your post that we struggle against the teams that sit back and hit us on the break (i.e. the mediocre) ones, whereas teams that attack us we better against, presumably because we have more space to play our passing game.

Yes I think most people would agree we should be neutralising the weaker teams - dunno, is a patient game right against them? Apparently it hasn't been so far this season cos we can't get that 2nd goal and relax - they're always in the game and, worse still, if we go 1 down we're not going to win.

ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 23 Jan 2011, 4:24 pm

From the Kipper:

David Moyes tried everything against West Ham to get the goals required and in the end it was Marouane Fellaini being pushed up front that got the rewards.

Felli was Everton's best player by a mile yesterday. He was all over the place and he deserved his goal. He is going to be critical to the future of our club

Moyesy said:"I thought Felli going up front made a difference. I also thought Louis Saha came on and knitted things together a bit better and we started to get other people in and Seamus had one or two chances at the back post."

I don't think many of us would argue that Big Felli was easily our best player yesterday but to say he was our best midfielder and our best striker is something. Perhaps we can clone him (rhymes with loan I suppose).
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sun 23 Jan 2011, 11:36 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Statman wrote:Can't wait to see the back of this season.

Don't want to appear pessimistic, but I can't see next season being any better. We've got the bare bones of a squad now and Moyes has said there's still no money in the pot after getting shut of Pienaar and Yak's wages. There's nowhere for us to go now. We've spent all our money just keeping shit like Anichibe at the club. And we had no choice there, cos we couldn't afford to sign anyone to replace them, so it was give him a pay rise or lose another player. We've lost Gosling, Yak, Pienaar, Yobo so far but there's no sign of anyone coming here apart from teenagers on loan.

There's no chance of us moving on from here because we already pretty much fill the ground, so we ain't going to get any more dough. And it will be too late for us to get a big spending sugar daddy in because, even if we found someone, the Fair Play rules will be upon us before we have a chance to invest in the squad.

I have to say, I can't see a future of anything other than clinging on in the PL.

Fucking hell, I hate to say it boys, but the only way is down.

Boo fucking hoo.

Sad

I didn't say that I'm looking forward to next season.

Everton 2 (Billy, Fellaini) West Ham 2 - Page 11 238145
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 10:02 am

Statman wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Statman wrote:Can't wait to see the back of this season.

Don't want to appear pessimistic, but I can't see next season being any better. We've got the bare bones of a squad now and Moyes has said there's still no money in the pot after getting shut of Pienaar and Yak's wages. There's nowhere for us to go now. We've spent all our money just keeping shit like Anichibe at the club. And we had no choice there, cos we couldn't afford to sign anyone to replace them, so it was give him a pay rise or lose another player. We've lost Gosling, Yak, Pienaar, Yobo so far but there's no sign of anyone coming here apart from teenagers on loan.

There's no chance of us moving on from here because we already pretty much fill the ground, so we ain't going to get any more dough. And it will be too late for us to get a big spending sugar daddy in because, even if we found someone, the Fair Play rules will be upon us before we have a chance to invest in the squad.

I have to say, I can't see a future of anything other than clinging on in the PL.

Fucking hell, I hate to say it boys, but the only way is down.

Boo fucking hoo.

Sad

I didn't say that I'm looking forward to next season.

Everton 2 (Billy, Fellaini) West Ham 2 - Page 11 238145

i accepted this was it for us a long time ago. ah well Everton 2 (Billy, Fellaini) West Ham 2 - Page 11 Confused what can you do? we've gone from being one of the biggest clubs in the country to a nothing club in my lifetime.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Mon 24 Jan 2011, 10:26 am

although.... it will be interesting when the fair play rules kick in, as every club will have to break even. Okay, the Sky clubs will have shitloads of income, and will be able to increase it through image right sales around the world, more CL TV rights etc. But outside of Arse, Chelsea, ManUre, Shite and Spuds, why would any club have any more income than us? I mean, even Citteh will find it hard to establish themselves as a Worldwide team in the time available to them. Whatever, a few clubs would be no better of than us, and most would be worse off - how the fuck will Wigan, Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton etc survive? Their turnover must be tiny.

Unless I'm missing something here, the bad news is that the Sky Clubs will become more and more entrenched and untouchable in their position, but we should be able to outspend the majority of the rest cos we get bigger gates than most and as much TV money as anyone else.

Surely, if nothing else, wages and transfer fees will be substantially driven down if rich chairmen are no longer allowed to invest vanity money (hello Blackburn, Wigan, Sunderland, Villa etc etc).

Anyone? Any accountants out there?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24091

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum