Liverpool 2 Everton 2 (Distin, Beckford)

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Liverpool 2 Everton 2 (Distin, Beckford) - Page 15 Empty Re: Liverpool 2 Everton 2 (Distin, Beckford)

Post  Bryan on Sun 16 Jan 2011, 4:44 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Bryan wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Bryan wrote:http://twitter.com/landondonovan/status/26670585618636800

Bry you are good on twitter BTW, good RT

Thanks la, i don't 'tweet' per se, much - much retweet the good stuff, i usually just moan about my day ( forgive me, ) but you'll be used to that. Very Happy

I tend not to RT much as i only follow a few people, like you like to have a moan but can tweet over anything!

Back to the match, how shit was the commentator?

i listened to it on the radio merseyside, it was on sky here - but Alan Smith turned into Kenny Daglish long lost son.. and was annoying me. Mad

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Liverpool 2 Everton 2 (Distin, Beckford) - Page 15 Empty Re: Liverpool 2 Everton 2 (Distin, Beckford)

Post  The Griffin on Sun 16 Jan 2011, 5:12 pm

BB wrote:
paul wrote:
BB wrote:2 points lost.

Not happy.
lol! did you see the first half?!?! if you'd offered me the point after that shambles i'd have snapped your hand off, it's a shame howard gave away a soft penalty but overall after the first 45 im happy enough with a point, obviously wanted all 3 but oh well that's football

No, only saw the second half.

I don't mind getting beat if the other team score in open play, but goalkeeping errors get on my tits.

The goalkeeper is one of the 11, possible 14, players on the pitch.

Errors, which subsequently lead to us conceding a goal, by any of our players get on my tits.
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 16 Jan 2011, 5:53 pm

Bryan wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Bryan wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Bryan wrote:http://twitter.com/landondonovan/status/26670585618636800

Bry you are good on twitter BTW, good RT

Thanks la, i don't 'tweet' per se, much - much retweet the good stuff, i usually just moan about my day ( forgive me, ) but you'll be used to that. Very Happy

I tend not to RT much as i only follow a few people, like you like to have a moan but can tweet over anything!

Back to the match, how shit was the commentator?

i listened to it on the radio merseyside, it was on sky here - but Alan Smith turned into Kenny Daglish long lost son.. and was annoying me. Mad

I have started to listen to BBC radio merseyside post match on a Saturday/Sunday. It makes me laugh so much some of the people on the phone, RS fans 'it was The Kings return, we should have won, simple', also the fact the first RS fan was on the phone from London made it better.

Still made me laugh the shite fans shouting and clapping 'Dalglish' as if he has made that pile of shite better

While i am on a rant that RS player No 26 (i think, the CM for them) is an ugly little fucker, i mean he looks like a dwarf brother of Kuyt
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Sun 16 Jan 2011, 6:13 pm

Good game. Fair result.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Sun 16 Jan 2011, 8:05 pm

We were poor in the first half and could've been a hatfull down by the break, but we tightened up in the second half and closed them down better, although we struggled at 4 4 2 against a 4 5 1 they broke with the extra man from midfield really well in the first half, but they were too nervous in the second half, terrified in fact. Draw was a fair result, especially after the first half.

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sun 16 Jan 2011, 8:10 pm

After viewing our team pre-game, I thought a point would be ok. As per usual when things werent going his way, Victors body language was shit, and for 20 mins before he was taking off, he was doing fuck all. Beckford did well and surprised he was taken off early. Heitinga had a great game mopping up and delivering decent ball to the midfield. Howard made some great saves and really could do nothing else to concede the peno which Maxi added some diving flare. But to miss Jags, Cahill, Saha and dreamer Pienaar I think we did ok to try take something from the match. Fuck off anyone who doesnt want to play for the club, couldnt give a fuck. We are better for it. Hope to god some one makes a bid for Victor before the window closes!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 16 Jan 2011, 8:28 pm

Ive just changed the title from "Kopite bastards" to "Kopites" as some people on here cannot view a thread if it has swearing in the title.

Overall today I think that a point a piece was very fair. The shite really should have been out of site by half time but they couldnt hit the target and Howard kept us in it more than once (for which I will forgive him giving the peno away). We looked a different team in the 2nd half so fair play to Moyes for getting them going at half time. Anichebe and Beckford were either shit or invisible during the first half but they both managed to turn it around in the 2nd half.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sun 16 Jan 2011, 10:47 pm

Interesting that Moyes appeared to be going for the win at 2-2 whereas 'King Kenny' was happy with the draw.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19964
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Sun 16 Jan 2011, 11:53 pm

Thought our second goal was a peach. Great competitive leap from Vic to win the ball, silky skills from Ossie, and a superb striker's finish from Beckford. Classic, deserved to win the game, but I'll settle for a point.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24091
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 17 Jan 2011, 6:18 am

4 points and 4 goals against the Shite this season, would have taken that in August.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Mon 17 Jan 2011, 10:49 am

Great response in the second half. We looked all over the shop in the first. Thought we really missed pienaar on the left, they had a lot of joy down that side in the first half. But moving vic out there and ossie centrally was a great move from moyes, so credit where it's due.

We should have won that, soft peno to concede, but can't be too disappointed after the first half. Don't forget while they say they were without Carragher and Gerrard we were without Cahill, Pienaar, Jags and Saha and we still looked a ton better than them in the second half and could have won.

Beckford did well for the goal, but contributed precious little else.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Mon 17 Jan 2011, 11:47 am

good game for the neutral.

pretty gutted we didn't take all three points, though we were a touch lucky to only be 1 down at HT.

first half both teams seemed all over the place, if anything we were slightly better, untill the Torres hit the post. They took some confidence from this and we shat it and seemed to forget how to defend or pass the ball to a team mate.

we had chances without drawing a save, Beckford 1st after getting a good run through between the CB's decided to attempt that ridiculous chip he seems to try at least once again when he should have used his pace to get closer to goal, then he was inches away from scoring from a decent ball across the box. why don't players throw themselves at the ball anymore, andy gray would have launched his head at that, he'd get a boot in th face but we'd have probably been 1 up.

Loads of faults for their goal, starting with Neville allowing Johson onto his right foot too easily. Others should have dealt with the cross better, the ball should have been dealt with following the saves and Baines pussied out of the block on the shot. Thought that Howard could have held onto the first save initially but the reply suggests that may be being harsh as it was a quick reaction save.

their goal seemed to make this worse and for a 10-15 min spell we could have conceaded 1 or 2 more but for some good work from Howard and some poor finishing.

we managed totighten up at the back but we needed the half time and some needed a rocket firing up their arse.

second half, rocket firmly lodged. Arteta, Felli, Vic bossed from the start high tempo good passing and Vic battered their right back. Ossie looked to get involved and used the ball well. Distin with a great header at the back post from a corner (a corner making it to the back post:affraid:affraid) then after great work from Ani and then wonderfull close control and footwork from Ossie, Beckford finally managed to connect with something in the penalty area.

Seamus was running his heart out in both halves but he'd obviouly been identified as a major threat as he had two men on him at all time the few time he did get away the pass to him was over/under hit.

we were firmly in charge, Arteta wasted a good opportunity play in Baines unmarked down the left opting instead opting to charge towards goal in space looking like he was shaping to fire one into the top corner (a mirrored version of his great goal against Bolton a few seasons back) but instead he dithered and the move inevitably broke down.

then we let them back in, first problem soft foul by a tired ossie to give them the free kick. then we dealt with the ball in terribly heading it across our own area. then Howard, kept us in it in the first half but there was no reason to go in the way he did it was a rash decision and it cost us.

after that both teams seemed to go for it with neither looking convincing IMO. we looked to be being positive with our subs, brought on Vaughan for Beckford, fair enough he'd stopped chasing and was looking tired. however Vaughan had little impact looks determined but has lost some pace IMO and just tries to barge through people when they have the ball giving away fouls.

Rodwell for Ossie, Ossie obvioulsy shattered. Probably going to get slated for this but is Rodders the emporers new clothes. We've been told so much about how he's going to be great, we've seen that technically he has all the ability but this season I just haven't seen him offer anything usefull.

Bily for Ani, Bily looked really good I thought. if we were going to create anything in the dying stages it looked like coming from him IMO. controlled and passed the ball well, worked hard and didn't get knocked about.

but for a Stupid penalty we'd probably have won this comfortably. Great game to watch though very open throughout, both tried to play football and not get drawn into the recent trend of becoming a messy battle of dirty challenges (no Carra and Gerrard!), best derby for the neutral in years.

Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Mon 17 Jan 2011, 12:01 pm

good summary VB - thought morieles went down too easily from the slightest of touches myself - bit like berbatov's against Liverpool the week before... although the media and press didn't jump on the bandwagon for us.... Very Happy

Number of posts : 25878

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Mon 17 Jan 2011, 12:09 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:good summary VB - thought morieles went down too easily from the slightest of touches myself - bit like berbatov's against Liverpool the week before... although the media and press didn't jump on the bandwagon for us.... Very Happy

he did go down easily but I'm not sure what howard was thinking, he had no chance of getting the ball from that angle and he wasn't in a position to shoot or Howard would have been off.

I'm beginning to be concerned about the Rodwell thing if I'm honest. he seems to have lost his drive this season, even the games he's done "ok" in he's been very negative in possession. last season he seemed to want to make positive driving runs from midfield which got a few comparisons to Gerrard going and started people suggesting he be developed as an attacking/ box to box midfielder rather than a defensive player. This season he seems to lack the bite and aggression to be a defensive player but also lacks the composure, drive and creativity to be an effective attacking player.If he doesn't start performing soon it's not going to be a worry about whether to accept a big offer for him or not. Remember Jermaine Jenas was going to be the next big thing when he first came through but soon was shown up to be just an average (at best player).
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum