Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Cahill the Great on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:33 pm

Agree Thor - Landon's been great for us and turns 30 this year. You wonder what could have been for him if he'd have played in a stronger league from the beginning.

Surely its now or never for him to leave the Galaxy. I cant understand any reason why he'd want to go back to that - its not like he owes them anything.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Age : 41
Location : London
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  RhinoJagz on Tue 14 Feb 2012, 10:03 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:Agree Thor - Landon's been great for us and turns 30 this year. You wonder what could have been for him if he'd have played in a stronger league from the beginning.

Surely its now or never for him to leave the Galaxy. I cant understand any reason why he'd want to go back to that - its not like he owes them anything.

Yeah, it's almost like penance. He has to go back and serve out his time. He wants to play at the highest level, and it's clear he can. His international manager wants him to play at the highest level too. I think guilt is preventing him handing in a transfer request especially after giving Beckham such a hard time about his commitment to Galaxy at the beginning. But fuck it. He's just reached the prime of his career. And who gives a fuck about what underpants man would say. (or what his advisers tell him to say) Be selfish Landon! Go home, hand in a transfer request and be back for the QPR game.. Very Happy

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
RhinoJagz
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26901
Age : 40
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:32 am

Bluejags wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:Agree Thor - Landon's been great for us and turns 30 this year. You wonder what could have been for him if he'd have played in a stronger league from the beginning.

Surely its now or never for him to leave the Galaxy. I cant understand any reason why he'd want to go back to that - its not like he owes them anything.

Yeah, it's almost like penance. He has to go back and serve out his time. He wants to play at the highest level, and it's clear he can. His international manager wants him to play at the highest level too. I think guilt is preventing him handing in a transfer request especially after giving Beckham such a hard time about his commitment to Galaxy at the beginning. But fuck it. He's just reached the prime of his career. And who gives a fuck about what underpants man would say. (or what his advisers tell him to say) Be selfish Landon! Go home, hand in a transfer request and be back for the QPR game.. Very Happy
From what I understand the MLS works a bit differently compared to the European leagues. I think he's has a contract with the LA Galaxy, but isn't that also somehow ties in to the league as a whole? Like when they sell a player I believe that ALL the clubs get a cut, or has that changed recently?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68920
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Armchair on Wed 15 Feb 2012, 7:33 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:Agree Thor - Landon's been great for us and turns 30 this year. You wonder what could have been for him if he'd have played in a stronger league from the beginning.

Surely its now or never for him to leave the Galaxy. I cant understand any reason why he'd want to go back to that - its not like he owes them anything.

Yeah, it's almost like penance. He has to go back and serve out his time. He wants to play at the highest level, and it's clear he can. His international manager wants him to play at the highest level too. I think guilt is preventing him handing in a transfer request especially after giving Beckham such a hard time about his commitment to Galaxy at the beginning. But fuck it. He's just reached the prime of his career. And who gives a fuck about what underpants man would say. (or what his advisers tell him to say) Be selfish Landon! Go home, hand in a transfer request and be back for the QPR game.. Very Happy
From what I understand the MLS works a bit differently compared to the European leagues. I think he's has a contract with the LA Galaxy, but isn't that also somehow ties in to the league as a whole? Like when they sell a player I believe that ALL the clubs get a cut, or has that changed recently?

I think that is still the case Thor.





Everton will not ask to extend Landon Donovan's loan from LA Galaxy as they want to make sure that they can borrow the US international next season too.

Full story: Daily Mirror
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19838
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:30 pm

Landon says goodbye to Goodison ... has he kicked his last ball for us at aged 29 ? Crying or Very sad

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Al9sex10
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34573
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Da Judge on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:36 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Landon says goodbye to Goodison ... has he kicked his last ball for us at aged 29 ? Crying or Very sad

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Al9sex10


I have heard from sources that he is possibly coming back to stay...... Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 F_whistl

_________________
606 Predictor Champion 2016-17; 2017-2018

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8882
Age : 58
Location : Hungary/Switzerland/Czech Republic/Ireland/US & UK
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  ToffeeDan on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:29 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Al9sex10

“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

_________________
Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20111
Age : 58
Location : Wirral
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Blue gazza on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:53 pm

i sort of thought that he was hinting for us to buy him out of his MLS contract when he made his last statement

he deffo got bitten though, it aint gonna let go of him neither.

he is really gonna miss us, The MLS should let him go and LIVE THE DREAM Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7270
Age : 58
Location : runcorn
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 2:59 pm

the jellyman wrote:i sort of thought that he was hinting for us to buy him out of his MLS contract when he made his last statement

he deffo got bitten though, it aint gonna let go of him neither.

he is really gonna miss us, The MLS should let him go and LIVE THE DREAM Very Happy
trouble is he's 29 though .. would we even get 2 years out of him ?... he left it too late to turn from the MLS IMO
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34573
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 3:22 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
the jellyman wrote:i sort of thought that he was hinting for us to buy him out of his MLS contract when he made his last statement

he deffo got bitten though, it aint gonna let go of him neither.

he is really gonna miss us, The MLS should let him go and LIVE THE DREAM Very Happy
trouble is he's 29 though .. would we even get 2 years out of him ?... he left it too late to turn from the MLS IMO
That's what I was getting at earlier, he needs to make the move now. There is no time to play out his contract with the LA Galaxy, he needs to make the transfer asap.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68920
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 4:43 am

Just watching LA 2 down to New Engurland at home, after 15 minutes, Landon not in the side.

I think he'll be paying for his own fare back...... cheers
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Age : 953
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  anticipate_the_pass on Sun 01 Apr 2012, 10:02 am

mindyerho? wrote:Just watching LA 2 down to New Engurland at home, after 15 minutes, Landon not in the side.

I think he'll be paying for his own fare back...... cheers

I wouldn't be surprised, the MLS is gash, he's a pro he knows where he needs to be at this point of his career bounce bounce
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Location : New York
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Super on Tue 22 May 2012, 9:17 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/05/22/landon-donovan-wants-everton-fc-third-loan-spell-100252-31018199/
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36961
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 22 May 2012, 2:39 pm

Super wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/05/22/landon-donovan-wants-everton-fc-third-loan-spell-100252-31018199/
Some more http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=1632547.html?intcmp=newsreader_news_caption
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68920
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 27 May 2012, 6:32 am

Hat trick against Jimmy Mac's team, Davie Wier must still be playing in defence for Scotland.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  RhinoJagz on Sun 27 May 2012, 1:53 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Hat trick against Jimmy Mac's team, Davie Wier must still be playing in defence for Scotland.

Check out Bradleys goal!

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
RhinoJagz
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26901
Age : 40
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  anticipate_the_pass on Sun 27 May 2012, 7:33 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Hat trick against Jimmy Mac's team, Davie Wier must still be playing in defence for Scotland.

Check out Bradleys goal!

Landon ran riot cheers
He has recently suggested that he wants to come back, bring it on, good timing for both parties Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Action-s
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Location : New York
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  RhinoJagz on Sun 27 May 2012, 7:52 pm

anticipate_the_pass wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Hat trick against Jimmy Mac's team, Davie Wier must still be playing in defence for Scotland.

Check out Bradleys goal!

Landon ran riot cheers
He has recently suggested that he wants to come back, bring it on, good timing for both parties Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Action-s

No disrespect to MLS but is he not wasting his talent at Galaxy? Seems a real shame that we only get a teaser from him for a couple of weeks every odd year. You would wonder how well he would do here in a full season..

ahh mmfff... Rolling Eyes

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
RhinoJagz
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26901
Age : 40
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Bryan on Fri 29 Jun 2012, 3:14 pm

Wanna see Landon's house?

Course you do. It's for sale.. Suspect

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3305-Pine-Ave-Manhattan-Beach-CA-90266/20418634_zpid/

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Age : 41
Location : Kirkby,Liverpool.
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Statman on Fri 29 Jun 2012, 4:54 pm

Bryan wrote:Wanna see Landon's house?

Course you do. It's for sale.. Suspect

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3305-Pine-Ave-Manhattan-Beach-CA-90266/20418634_zpid/

5 beds + 6.5 bathrooms. scratch
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7089
Age : 56
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Helenqu on Fri 29 Jun 2012, 4:59 pm

Statman wrote:
Bryan wrote:Wanna see Landon's house?

Course you do. It's for sale.. Suspect

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3305-Pine-Ave-Manhattan-Beach-CA-90266/20418634_zpid/

5 beds + 6.5 bathrooms. scratch

Maybe he's copied Ballotelli? Likes fireworks in the bathroom Smile
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4880
Age : 56
Location : Hatfield, Herts.
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 29 Jun 2012, 5:19 pm

Helenqu wrote:
Statman wrote:
Bryan wrote:Wanna see Landon's house?

Course you do. It's for sale.. Suspect

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3305-Pine-Ave-Manhattan-Beach-CA-90266/20418634_zpid/

5 beds + 6.5 bathrooms. scratch

Maybe he's copied Ballotelli? Likes fireworks in the bathroom Smile
That's nice.. can I borrow it first after you buy it Sacko Very Happy
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34573
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  VenezuelaBlue on Fri 29 Jun 2012, 5:57 pm


Yeah, but it`s the irresistible pull of Walton innit? Loads more chippies and ... The Glebe ! Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Smiley_a

Probably can´t wait to get out of that little squat
VenezuelaBlue
VenezuelaBlue

Number of posts : 2082
Age : 60
Location : Caracas
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Dixie Land on Fri 29 Jun 2012, 10:07 pm

Bryan wrote:Wanna see Landon's house?

Course you do. It's for sale.. Suspect

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3305-Pine-Ave-Manhattan-Beach-CA-90266/20418634_zpid/

A house on Carisbrooke Road has also been sold!!! affraid

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Caris10

Could it be??? Suspect
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 41
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 29 Jun 2012, 11:47 pm

Bryan wrote:Wanna see Landon's house?

Course you do. It's for sale.. Suspect

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3305-Pine-Ave-Manhattan-Beach-CA-90266/20418634_zpid/
So, his house is almost three times as large as ours, yet his lot is smaller than ours and we don't have a massive yard by any means. I wonder if that lot size is an error since the backyard looks rather big.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68920
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 8 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum