Spurs 1 Everton 1 (Baines)

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Spurs 1 Everton 1 (Baines) - Page 11 Empty Re: Spurs 1 Everton 1 (Baines)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 3:56 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:Disapointed the way we ended up drawing this match.

Defence was sound, Yak was casuing them problems, Cahill winning everything.

Gareth bale was in Coleman and Pip's pocket all day.

Have to take a point though. In the last 2 games we have gained 4 more points than last season.

I know its particularly tough for goalkeepers in that errors they make are genreally far more costly than most. But it does need to be pointed out that if Tim had made two less errors we would now be third in the table, and IMHO actually in the position our football over the season actually warrants.

If I am equally honest - Tim (as Moyesie) said did have the guts and gumption to keep coming and make sure that any damage was very limited.
But he also made some insane saves against Man Utd, and we ended up getting a point from that game, which we really shouldn't have to be fair.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 69580
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 8:35 pm

UWIST61 wrote:

Have to take a point though. In the last 2 games we have gained 4 more points than last season.

I know its particularly tough for goalkeepers in that errors they make are genreally far more costly than most. But it does need to be pointed out that if Tim had made two less errors we would now be third in the table, and IMHO actually in the position our football over the season actually warrants.

If I am equally honest - Tim (as Moyesie) said did have the guts and gumption to keep coming and make sure that any damage was very limited.

Wouldnt we be 7th?

We already have a point v Spuds so add two extra points plus we didnt score v Blackburn so would of ended 0-0 giving us 3 points to seventh?
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 8:41 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

Wouldnt we be 7th?

We already have a point v Spuds so add two extra points plus we didnt score v Blackburn so would of ended 0-0 giving us 3 points to seventh?
You are right... btw - I am not too critical of Tim because as Thor says he saved us a point against Manure.....

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8905
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 8:44 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

Wouldnt we be 7th?

You are right... btw - I am not too critical of Tim because as Thor says he saved us a point against Manure.....

Sorry for being such a self rightous pain in the arse there lmao cheers

I totally agree. I almost wanted to be annoyed at him but I couldent. A bit like Van Da Sar for Mancs v WBA.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  paul on Sun 24 Oct 2010, 8:50 pm

one of my pet peeves in football related conversations - if howard had caught the ball we'd have won....

erm....

no, if he had caught the ball then the next 70 minutes would have been completely different and we could have got tonked 9-1 and been a laughing stock, the whole game would have been completely different because of it and noone knows how it would have ended!!

....though if he had caught it.......
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Mon 25 Oct 2010, 9:02 am

paul wrote:one of my pet peeves in football related conversations - if howard had caught the ball we'd have won....

erm....

no, if he had caught the ball then the next 70 minutes would have been completely different and we could have got tonked 9-1 and been a laughing stock, the whole game would have been completely different because of it and noone knows how it would have ended!!

....though if he had caught it.......

One of my pet peeves in 'Statworld' and one that always comes up when this fixture is on... Everton losing 10-4 at White Hart Lane is Everton's worst ever defeat.

Surely losing 7-0 to Arsenal was a worse defeat?

Anyway, good point on Saturday. Never an easy place to go for us.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13156
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum