606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties)

+21
Armchair
BB
hairy cataract
Sheep Flavour
fourdoors
He's Our Tater Not Yours
fatboblatch
Dixie Land
Helenqu
MyBlueToothBrush
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Garry Adams
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
Michael Crosby S74
SouthernSmugToffee
tadpole
Landon_toffee
Mr_Ben
ToffeeDan
Qld Toffee
25 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties) - Page 8 Empty Re: Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties)

Post  Dixie Land Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:58 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Tell you what though, and I've never been a Moyles Out type, but one up front against fucking Brentford is a bit perplexing. Surely it would have made more sense to go 4-4-2 with Beckford and Yak upfront, Neville and Fellaini lying deeper, Gueye and Bily pulling the strings, Coleman and Baines bombing down the wings, a rest for Jagielka and Mucha in goal?

But what do I know.

Hairy for manager. cheers cheers cheers

£3.5m a year? Yes please. Do you wanna be my assistant Dixie? I can get you ten bob a fortnight plus pies and ale.

Pies and ale???? Yes please. cheers cheers cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties) - Page 8 Empty Re: Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties)

Post  fatboblatch Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:59 pm

can't wait for the 'we were unlucky' post match interview....
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:01 pm

Bollocks to it, it's only the Milk Cup or whatever its called these days. And Brentford are a handy little side. And... err, okay, fuck it... SACK MOYLES!!!!!!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25817
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:01 pm

How long can we put up with this though? We can say 'In Moyes We Trust' all we want, but tonight is just the culmination of issues that me, you and every other Everton fan has seen since the opening day, yet Moyes hasn't done anything about it.

4-5-1 is clearly failing, Distin and Jags is clearly failing, Osman on the right is hopeless, Heitinga is not a defensive midfielder, Fellaini never has been and never will be anything other than a defensive midfielder, the Cahill role as the name suggests can only be played by Cahill, Beckford is not a lone striker.

There just the main problems I can think off. The only way forward from here is for Moyes to admit he's wrong, and play to our strengths, even if they are away from what he favours. I'm not Moyes out for now, but as with that Spurs home game a few years ago when he played for the draw, he's going to have to win my support again.
He's Our Tater Not Yours
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:04 pm

He's Our Tater Not Yours wrote:How long can we put up with this though? We can say 'In Moyes We Trust' all we want, but tonight is just the culmination of issues that me, you and every other Everton fan has seen since the opening day, yet Moyes hasn't done anything about it.

4-5-1 is clearly failing, Distin and Jags is clearly failing, Osman on the right is hopeless, Heitinga is not a defensive midfielder, Fellaini never has been and never will be anything other than a defensive midfielder, the Cahill role as the name suggests can only be played by Cahill, Beckford is not a lone striker.

There just the main problems I can think off. The only way forward from here is for Moyes to admit he's wrong, and play to our strengths, even if they are away from what he favours. I'm not Moyes out for now, but as with that Spurs home game a few years ago when he played for the draw, he's going to have to win my support again.
You missed out the fact that there's no pace in the team and Coleman continues to sit on the bench. But you've made a good start. Very Happy
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:06 pm

Oh and I bet it's Steve Round that's sent out. I know he's been fielding the media questions during the Carling Cup campaign (well the last game) but Moyes really needs to come out and face the press.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:08 pm

MagicMike wrote:
He's Our Tater Not Yours wrote:How long can we put up with this though? We can say 'In Moyes We Trust' all we want, but tonight is just the culmination of issues that me, you and every other Everton fan has seen since the opening day, yet Moyes hasn't done anything about it.

You missed out the fact that there's no pace in the team and Coleman continues to sit on the bench. But you've made a good start. Very Happy

Dunno about Coleman though. Sounds like defensively he ain't the answer. Unless the question is: Which Everton right back has scored for Everton in living memory?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:10 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

Dunno about Coleman though. Sounds like defensively he ain't the answer. Unless the question is: Which Everton right back has scored for Everton in living memory?

How gutted must Hibbo be feeling?

fourdoors

Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:11 pm

Whoose going to come on out on the BBC/SKY SPORTS/TELETEXT and say the next game is the turning point then?
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:12 pm

fourdoors wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

His day will surely come. As long as Hibbo keeps hitting those incisive passes from the bye line, and continues to strike the ball with unerring accuracy, he will surely get his reward.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:22 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
fourdoors wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

His day will surely come. As long as Hibbo keeps hitting those incisive passes from the bye line, and continues to strike the ball with unerring accuracy, he will surely get his reward.
Maybe not defensively but he makes things happen. He was involved in nearly everything Everton did tonight. Constantly getting forward and offering another option.

On Saturday none of our players had any movement or showed for the ball and they all passed backwards or sideways. Coleman is positive on the ball and can change that with his positive running with/without the ball.

I agree with the defensive part mind but we need to freshen things up and his energy might be one way to do that. We can always haul him off once we're ahead. Plus, if you moved Fellaini back, then he could always mop up when Coleman goes forward. or he could at least hold up the play til Seamus gets back (in his favour he gets back quickly and has decent speed to recover situations).

Or he could play at right mid. Possibly a bit hypocritical from me having moaned about playing players out of position but he could be our best option at the minute. I guess it depends on his ability to adapt and attack a full back from a more static position rather than overlapping. Might be worth a shot though because Osman is not the answer.

MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:52 pm

Please tell me it isn't true. Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties) - Page 8 Confused

Did we really just lose to a Division 1 side with 6 points from 7 matches? Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties) - Page 8 Doh
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Wed 22 Sep 2010, 12:51 am

I still can't believe it pale
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Wed 22 Sep 2010, 1:22 am

Our season therefore starts here. cheers

Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties) - Page 8 F_whistl
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 22 Sep 2010, 7:17 am

hairy cataract wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

Didn't that ginger guy, former Toon player (Steve Watson) get a hattrick many seasons ago scratch
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 22 Sep 2010, 8:47 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

Didn't that ginger guy, former Toon player (Steve Watson) get a hattrick many seasons ago scratch

Didn't we use him up front from time to time?
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38073
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Wed 22 Sep 2010, 8:49 am

It wasn't a dream nightmare

It really happened

This season is turning into a real nightmare
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Wed 22 Sep 2010, 10:02 am

Super wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

Didn't we use him up front from time to time?
Funnily enough it was Walter Smith who played him up front and he never scored. Moyes played him at right mid and he scored a few including a brace away at Bolton and a hattrick at home against Leeds.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 24 Sep 2010, 1:56 am

Sounds like it was a good thing I missed this game...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74301

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8