606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties)

+21
Armchair
BB
hairy cataract
Sheep Flavour
fourdoors
He's Our Tater Not Yours
fatboblatch
Dixie Land
Helenqu
MyBlueToothBrush
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Garry Adams
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
Michael Crosby S74
SouthernSmugToffee
tadpole
Landon_toffee
Mr_Ben
ToffeeDan
Qld Toffee
25 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties) - Page 7 Empty Re: Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties)

Post  Helenqu Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:25 pm

fourdoors wrote:Losing is good, right? We can continue to focus on the league... Europe here we come!

I want some of what you just had!
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties) - Page 7 Empty Re: Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties)

Post  fatboblatch Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:25 pm

fourdoors wrote:Losing is good, right? We can continue to focus on the league... Europe here we come!

you mean staying in the league?
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:26 pm

It's becoming very hard as an Everton supporter again
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:26 pm

fourdoors wrote:Losing is good, right? We can continue to focus on the league... Europe Championship here we come!

Fixed again. cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:28 pm

We badly need to get back to basics and earn the right to play. Putting players in their proper positions might be a start.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:28 pm

I REALLY don't believe this Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties) - Page 7 Crash
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:29 pm

The President wrote:It's becoming very hard as an Everton supporter again

I've always felt it's been difficult apart from the mid 80s bit....I fuckin hate them at the moment...very bitter...but will still expect them to beat Fulham then the shite.....this of course won't happen and will only serve to compound my bitterness...and crack habit...
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:29 pm

MagicMike wrote:We badly need to get back to basics and earn the right to play. Putting players in their proper positions might be a start.

I agree Mike. No point in playing good players out of position. Fellaini was running the show last season, before he got injured, playing in a defensive midfield role but Moyes now seems to think that he is better suited as the big lump upfront.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:29 pm

The President wrote:I REALLY don't believe this Brentford 1 Everton 1 (Coleman) (Lost: 4-3 penalties) - Page 7 Crash

It's Ok we'll all wake up tomorrow are realise it was all just a bad dream.....................
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:30 pm

Helenqu wrote:

I want some of what you just had!

No sleep, and a reliance on the BBC text feed ("123:51 Missed Penalty - Penalty scored by..." scratch ) to follow a penalty shoot out. drunken

fourdoors

Number of posts : 841
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:31 pm

fatboblatch wrote:
The President wrote:It's becoming very hard as an Everton supporter again

I've always felt it's been difficult apart from the mid 80s bit....I fuckin hate them at the moment...very bitter...but will still expect them to beat Fulham then the shite.....this of course won't happen and will only serve to compound my bitterness...and crack habit...

I always believe we are going to win but even I am having doubts now
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:33 pm

I'm off

This is going to be a long season

and I might have to thump someone at work tomorrow
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:34 pm

fatboblatch wrote:

you mean staying in the league?

By my calculations, if we beat Fulham on Saturday, then that will mean we increased from zero points in our last league game to 3 points.
That's an improvement of infinity percent. If we continue improving at that rate, then in our next game against Birmingham, then we will gain infinity points, meaning we will win the League this year, next year and last year, while Brum will spontaneously combust and re-appear in 1947 as Welsh lemmings.

fourdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:39 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
MagicMike wrote:We badly need to get back to basics and earn the right to play. Putting players in their proper positions might be a start.

I agree Mike. No point in playing good players out of position. Fellaini was running the show last season, before he got injured, playing in a defensive midfield role but Moyes now seems to think that he is better suited as the big lump upfront.
It's a good example. Apparently Fellaini's attitude was shocking tonight. No real desire to fight and spent extra time sulking. That's not on. But in the boy's defence, he's out of position. If you notice, it's when he plays upfront that he picks up cards and gives away fouls. Playing back to goal means he has defenders all over him and all we give him is high balls to contest. As a result his game falters and he gets frustrated. Turn him around and get him behind the ball and he's a different player.

Big players aren't playing well and their attitude isn't right. They're not putting the effort in first and earning the right to play against sides. Instead all we hear is that the next game will be the one they'll win and that'll kick start the season.

For me the best way to get some confidence in them is to play them where they're comfortable and get back to basics.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:41 pm

Goodbye easiest chance to get in to Europe and win a Cup..........HELLO HARD SEASON
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:43 pm

FUCK YOU EVERTON!!
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:44 pm

The President wrote:2154: We're right at the end of the first half of extra-time at Griffin Park, where Phil Jagielka has just had an effort cleared off the line for the Toffees. The Bees are hanging on.

2nd half started

One part of me feels like we were so close with everything going not our way another thing says how can we have a lot of the play and not put this poor side to bed?
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:45 pm

Dixie Land wrote:FUCK YOU EVERTON!!

Sir............You are correct.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:49 pm

Is that the first "Sack Moyles" of the winter that I can hear? Yes, I do believe it is.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25817
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:52 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Is that the first "Sack Moyles" of the winter that I can hear? Yes, I do believe it is.
Bring back Ball!

fourdoors

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:53 pm

fourdoors wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Is that the first "Sack Moyles" of the winter that I can hear? Yes, I do believe it is.
Bring back Ball!

Whats Mikey Walker doing these days?
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:55 pm

Tell you what though, and I've never been a Moyles Out type, but one up front against fucking Brentford is a bit perplexing. Surely it would have made more sense to go 4-4-2 with Beckford and Yak upfront, Neville and Fellaini lying deeper, Gueye and Bily pulling the strings, Coleman and Baines bombing down the wings, a rest for Jagielka and Mucha in goal?

But what do I know.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:55 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Tell you what though, and I've never been a Moyles Out type, but one up front against fucking Brentford is a bit perplexing. Surely it would have made more sense to go 4-4-2 with Beckford and Yak upfront, Neville and Fellaini lying deeper, Gueye and Bily pulling the strings, Coleman and Baines bombing down the wings, a rest for Jagielka and Mucha in goal?

But what do I know.

Hairy for manager. cheers cheers cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:57 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Tell you what though, and I've never been a Moyles Out type, but one up front against fucking Brentford is a bit perplexing. Surely it would have made more sense to go 4-4-2 with Beckford and Yak upfront, Neville and Fellaini lying deeper, Gueye and Bily pulling the strings, Coleman and Baines bombing down the wings, a rest for Jagielka and Mucha in goal?

But what do I know.
You'd think, wouldn't you?
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:57 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

But what do I know.

Hairy for manager. cheers cheers cheers

£3.5m a year? Yes please. Do you wanna be my assistant Dixie? I can get you ten bob a fortnight plus pies and ale.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next