Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  BB on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 12:57 am

I think we need to play 2 strikers and stick with it until it starts to work. Our strikers must be demoralized if they aren't first choice.

Osman played because Cahill and Rodwell are injured, and Neville is defensive whilst Bilyaletdinov poo. Osman can score great goals on his day, but he's been tame lately. If we don't get Bily playing well soon it will be all over for him, so stick with him.

Moyes targets the same players to be substituted most weeks. Why play them in the first place if every week you're bringing them off?

I'd drop Heitinga back into defence or drop him altogether until he gets the WC out of his system.
I'd play Neville there for one game to do a seargent major job.
I would leave Arteta on the bench.
I would leave Jagielka on the bench.
I would drop Howard for hoofing the ball every time he has it and give Mucha a go. Another school boy error today.
I would give Baines a warning to buck up or you're dropped.
I would keep Fellaini at the back of defence with Neville.
I would stick with Beckford and play a 2nd striker.

Mucha
Hibbert .... Heitinga ... Distin ... Baines
Bilyaletdinov ... Neville ... Fellaini ... Pienaar
Beckford ... Yakubu

I was tempted to put Ross Barkley in there. cheers

As for our website, why the hell can't they keep it updated? It's poor. Barkley and Coleman still down as being in the reserves. Evil or Very Mad

BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  Statman on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 1:07 am

BB wrote:I think we need to play 2 strikers and stick with it until it starts to work. Our strikers must be demoralized if they aren't first choice.

Osman played because Cahill and Rodwell are injured, and Neville is defensive whilst Bilyaletdinov poo. Osman can score great goals on his day, but he's been tame lately. If we don't get Bily playing well soon it will be all over for him, so stick with him.

Moyes targets the same players to be substituted most weeks. Why play them in the first place if every week you're bringing them off?

I'd drop Heitinga back into defence or drop him altogether until he gets the WC out of his system.
I'd play Neville there for one game to do a seargent major job.
I would leave Arteta on the bench.
I would leave Jagielka on the bench.
I would drop Howard for hoofing the ball every time he has it and give Mucha a go. Another school boy error today.
I would give Baines a warning to buck up or you're dropped.
I would keep Fellaini at the back of defence with Neville.
I would stick with Beckford and play a 2nd striker.

Mucha
Hibbert .... Heitinga ... Distin ... Baines
Bilyaletdinov ... Neville ... Fellaini ... Pienaar
Beckford ... Yakubu

I was tempted to put Ross Barkley in there. cheers

As for our website, why the hell can't they keep it updated? It's poor. Barkley and Coleman still down as being in the reserves. Evil or Very Mad


Hero to zero in one week!
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Age : 56
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  ToffeeDan on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 1:09 am

I don't care right now...

_________________
Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20135
Age : 59
Location : Wirral
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  BB on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 1:24 am

Statman wrote:
BB wrote:I think we need to play 2 strikers and stick with it until it starts to work. Our strikers must be demoralized if they aren't first choice.

Osman played because Cahill and Rodwell are injured, and Neville is defensive whilst Bilyaletdinov poo. Osman can score great goals on his day, but he's been tame lately. If we don't get Bily playing well soon it will be all over for him, so stick with him.

Moyes targets the same players to be substituted most weeks. Why play them in the first place if every week you're bringing them off?

I'd drop Heitinga back into defence or drop him altogether until he gets the WC out of his system.
I'd play Neville there for one game to do a seargent major job.
I would leave Arteta on the bench.
I would leave Jagielka on the bench.
I would drop Howard for hoofing the ball every time he has it and give Mucha a go. Another school boy error today.
I would give Baines a warning to buck up or you're dropped.
I would keep Fellaini at the back of defence with Neville.
I would stick with Beckford and play a 2nd striker.

Mucha
Hibbert .... Heitinga ... Distin ... Baines
Bilyaletdinov ... Neville ... Fellaini ... Pienaar
Beckford ... Yakubu

I was tempted to put Ross Barkley in there. cheers

As for our website, why the hell can't they keep it updated? It's poor. Barkley and Coleman still down as being in the reserves. Evil or Very Mad


Hero to zero in one week!

It's time to press the foot down on the gas. We let 3 goals in last week. I'm not sure Howard can be called a hero for that, even if he did save a few shots. That is his job after all.

And Dan ..............

Cheer up lol. cheers
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 1:24 am

Didn't think the defence did anything wrong*. Their goal was a wonder-strike which midfield should have closed down. That said Coleman should have been on for Ozzie to give us some width.

Ozzie could have had 4 goals in the last two weeks but has hit the ball tamely each time.

Our problem isn't that we are leaking goals, its that we aren't scoring against shite opposition.

*edit, but I'm mellowing after my second drink....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Age : 953
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  Statman on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 1:38 am

BB wrote:
Statman wrote:
BB wrote:I think we need to play 2 strikers and stick with it until it starts to work. Our strikers must be demoralized if they aren't first choice.

Osman played because Cahill and Rodwell are injured, and Neville is defensive whilst Bilyaletdinov poo. Osman can score great goals on his day, but he's been tame lately. If we don't get Bily playing well soon it will be all over for him, so stick with him.

Moyes targets the same players to be substituted most weeks. Why play them in the first place if every week you're bringing them off?

I'd drop Heitinga back into defence or drop him altogether until he gets the WC out of his system.
I'd play Neville there for one game to do a seargent major job.
I would leave Arteta on the bench.
I would leave Jagielka on the bench.
I would drop Howard for hoofing the ball every time he has it and give Mucha a go. Another school boy error today.
I would give Baines a warning to buck up or you're dropped.
I would keep Fellaini at the back of defence with Neville.
I would stick with Beckford and play a 2nd striker.

Mucha
Hibbert .... Heitinga ... Distin ... Baines
Bilyaletdinov ... Neville ... Fellaini ... Pienaar
Beckford ... Yakubu

I was tempted to put Ross Barkley in there. cheers

As for our website, why the hell can't they keep it updated? It's poor. Barkley and Coleman still down as being in the reserves. Evil or Very Mad


Hero to zero in one week!

It's time to press the foot down on the gas. We let 3 goals in last week. I'm not sure Howard can be called a hero for that, even if he did save a few shots. That is his job after all.

And Dan ..............

Cheer up lol. cheers

Wasn't much that he could do about any of the goals and to be fair some of his saves were outstanding.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Age : 56
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  BB on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 1:42 am

Statman wrote:
BB wrote:
Statman wrote:
BB wrote:I think we need to play 2 strikers and stick with it until it starts to work. Our strikers must be demoralized if they aren't first choice.

Osman played because Cahill and Rodwell are injured, and Neville is defensive whilst Bilyaletdinov poo. Osman can score great goals on his day, but he's been tame lately. If we don't get Bily playing well soon it will be all over for him, so stick with him.

Moyes targets the same players to be substituted most weeks. Why play them in the first place if every week you're bringing them off?

I'd drop Heitinga back into defence or drop him altogether until he gets the WC out of his system.
I'd play Neville there for one game to do a seargent major job.
I would leave Arteta on the bench.
I would leave Jagielka on the bench.
I would drop Howard for hoofing the ball every time he has it and give Mucha a go. Another school boy error today.
I would give Baines a warning to buck up or you're dropped.
I would keep Fellaini at the back of defence with Neville.
I would stick with Beckford and play a 2nd striker.

Mucha
Hibbert .... Heitinga ... Distin ... Baines
Bilyaletdinov ... Neville ... Fellaini ... Pienaar
Beckford ... Yakubu

I was tempted to put Ross Barkley in there. cheers

As for our website, why the hell can't they keep it updated? It's poor. Barkley and Coleman still down as being in the reserves. Evil or Very Mad


Hero to zero in one week!

It's time to press the foot down on the gas. We let 3 goals in last week. I'm not sure Howard can be called a hero for that, even if he did save a few shots. That is his job after all.

And Dan ..............

Cheer up lol. cheers

Wasn't much that he could do about any of the goals and to be fair some of his saves were outstanding.
I don't doubt it, but a little squad rotation never harmed any of the big clubs. Today, how many times did he kick the ball to their goal keeper? I found it frustrating. You're only as good as your last game, and I'd like to have a look at this new guy for a few weeks.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  MagicMike on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 9:15 am

A guy behind me at the match summed it up. It was like watching a Walter Smith side.

Ok, the players were awful but Moyes has to take a large part of the blame for how he set them up. Fellaini is not a centre forward and we didn't need Heitinga on the field. We had no options going through midfield and no movement. Once Arteta had dropped deep to pick it up he had no in front of him to play it too. This combined with Fellaini up front meant we had no option but to launch it to him. He won a lot of headers to be fair to him but it didn't help create much.

Fellaini needs to play in front of the back four where he can pick it up off the centre halves and play it forward. Arteta's movement is far greater than Fellaini's and so he can make space and give options further forward which the Belgian can't, IMHO.

I think Moyes was trying to match Newcastle physically and it really cost the team its ability to play football.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Age : 986
Location : Liverpool/Kenilworth
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 4:38 pm

MagicMike wrote:A guy behind me at the match summed it up. It was like watching a Walter Smith side.

Ok, the players were awful but Moyes has to take a large part of the blame for how he set them up. Fellaini is not a centre forward and we didn't need Heitinga on the field. We had no options going through midfield and no movement. Once Arteta had dropped deep to pick it up he had no in front of him to play it too. This combined with Fellaini up front meant we had no option but to launch it to him. He won a lot of headers to be fair to him but it didn't help create much.

Fellaini needs to play in front of the back four where he can pick it up off the centre halves and play it forward. Arteta's movement is far greater than Fellaini's and so he can make space and give options further forward which the Belgian can't, IMHO.

I think Moyes was trying to match Newcastle physically and it really cost the team its ability to play football
.

nail, meet head
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Age : 953
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  Albert on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 7:34 pm

anyone else just getting less and less arsed?
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Age : 36
Location : Monaco
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  Super on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 7:48 pm

treblA wrote:anyone else just getting less and less arsed?

Yep, shouldn't be but am.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37041
Age : 42
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  The President on Sun 19 Sep 2010, 8:58 pm

Super wrote:
treblA wrote:anyone else just getting less and less arsed?

Yep, shouldn't be but am.

I blame Mr Moyes.... he should never have raised our expectations Sad
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Age : 59
Location : Alagadi Cyprus
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  tadpole on Mon 20 Sep 2010, 10:16 am

Carling Cup game could go one of two ways now, it unearths the real talents of some of the fringe players, Gueye, Mucha for example, give people more confidence in front of goal Yak & Becks

OR

We get turned over and carry on this dismal form
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Age : 40
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Tue 21 Sep 2010, 9:52 am

treblA wrote:anyone else just getting less and less arsed?


This. I really regret getting my season ticket this year, now. I wish I'd saved my money and decided to pick and choose my games. This isn't just about Everton, it's football as a whole. It's a fuckin rip-off and 75% of the time is just not enjoyable.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 36
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  The Griffin on Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:13 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
treblA wrote:anyone else just getting less and less arsed?


This. I really regret getting my season ticket this year, now. I wish I'd saved my money and decided to pick and choose my games. This isn't just about Everton, it's football as a whole. It's a fuckin rip-off and 75% of the time is just not enjoyable.

I went through a phase like this in 2004/5 so I went to 31 games that season, instead Very Happy
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Age : 60
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  Albert on Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:54 am

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
treblA wrote:anyone else just getting less and less arsed?


This. I really regret getting my season ticket this year, now. I wish I'd saved my money and decided to pick and choose my games. This isn't just about Everton, it's football as a whole. It's a fuckin rip-off and 75% of the time is just not enjoyable.

there's no point getting a season ticket. its a bind. there are never any problems getting tickets for any games, and you dont have to go and watch Blackburn, Wolves or Stoke if you dont want to.

getting back into playing instead of watching. bollocks to the premiership, all the players are wankers, the league is uncompetitive and i'm sick of starting each season with 18 of the 20 teams having 0% chance of winning it.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Age : 36
Location : Monaco
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  Super on Tue 21 Sep 2010, 10:57 am

treblA wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
treblA wrote:anyone else just getting less and less arsed?


This. I really regret getting my season ticket this year, now. I wish I'd saved my money and decided to pick and choose my games. This isn't just about Everton, it's football as a whole. It's a fuckin rip-off and 75% of the time is just not enjoyable.

there's no point getting a season ticket. its a bind. there are never any problems getting tickets for any games, and you dont have to go and watch Blackburn, Wolves or Stoke if you dont want to.

getting back into playing instead of watching. bollocks to the premiership, all the players are wankers, the league is uncompetitive and i'm sick of starting each season with 18 of the 20 teams having 0% chance of winning it.

Lower league football is the way forward!!
Super
Super

Number of posts : 37041
Age : 42
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:21 am

treblA wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
treblA wrote:anyone else just getting less and less arsed?


This. I really regret getting my season ticket this year, now. I wish I'd saved my money and decided to pick and choose my games. This isn't just about Everton, it's football as a whole. It's a fuckin rip-off and 75% of the time is just not enjoyable.

there's no point getting a season ticket. its a bind. there are never any problems getting tickets for any games, and you dont have to go and watch Blackburn, Wolves or Stoke if you dont want to.

getting back into playing instead of watching. bollocks to the premiership, all the players are wankers, the league is uncompetitive and i'm sick of starting each season with 18 of the 20 teams having 0% chance of winning it.

SOme people like sitting in the same seat etc as it with friends, relatives et al. Also the better seats are taken by ST holders. If you are not bothered about this then i agree no point in getting a ST.

I retired from football at the end of last season, after my 30th birthday and a 4 match suspension. I have noticed i get a lot less injuries when i don't play football and i run, when i played football and went running, i would be injured nearly every 2nd month. Also i don't get into fights when pounding the streets (running).
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Tue 21 Sep 2010, 11:23 am

treblA wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
treblA wrote:anyone else just getting less and less arsed?


This. I really regret getting my season ticket this year, now. I wish I'd saved my money and decided to pick and choose my games. This isn't just about Everton, it's football as a whole. It's a fuckin rip-off and 75% of the time is just not enjoyable.

there's no point getting a season ticket. its a bind. there are never any problems getting tickets for any games, and you dont have to go and watch Blackburn, Wolves or Stoke if you dont want to.

getting back into playing instead of watching. bollocks to the premiership, all the players are wankers, the league is uncompetitive and i'm sick of starting each season with 18 of the 20 teams having 0% chance of winning it.


its mainly cos me and me old man have always gone every week since i was a kid, its what we do together i guess. also having a season ticket guarantees you a cup final ticket - not that happens very often haha
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Age : 36
Location : EP/Chester
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  The Griffin on Tue 21 Sep 2010, 12:54 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
treblA wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
treblA wrote:anyone else just getting less and less arsed?


This. I really regret getting my season ticket this year, now. I wish I'd saved my money and decided to pick and choose my games. This isn't just about Everton, it's football as a whole. It's a fuckin rip-off and 75% of the time is just not enjoyable.

there's no point getting a season ticket. its a bind. there are never any problems getting tickets for any games, and you dont have to go and watch Blackburn, Wolves or Stoke if you dont want to.

getting back into playing instead of watching. bollocks to the premiership, all the players are wankers, the league is uncompetitive and i'm sick of starting each season with 18 of the 20 teams having 0% chance of winning it.


its mainly cos me and me old man have always gone every week since i was a kid, its what we do together i guess. also having a season ticket guarantees you a cup final ticket - not that happens very often haha

what happens when we move to a new stadium/improve GP to 55,000 capacity and we have 40,000 ST holders and we only get 32,500 Cup Final tickets? Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 789528 Laughing
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Age : 60
Location : Here, there and everywhere
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1 - Page 7 Empty Re: Everton 0 Newcastle Utd 1

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum