10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 7 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  Dixie Land on Tue 25 May 2010, 11:18 am

He's Our Tater Not Yours wrote:£5mil + Ireland + Onuoha + Tevez = and i'd probably be tempted to sell.

Deal. Very Happy Wink
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 7 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 25 May 2010, 11:19 am

He's Our Tater Not Yours wrote:£5mil + Ireland + Onuoha and i'd probably be tempted to sell. Knowing Citteh, they'd probably offer that as well.

Taking away my dislike for Ireland, he'd probably be an acceptable replacement for Arteta, would just be worried whether he's disciplined enough to play in centre midfield with Fellaini.

You might want to start thinking of a name change, la
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Tue 25 May 2010, 11:22 am

Mr_Ben wrote:
He's Our Tater Not Yours wrote:£5mil + Ireland + Onuoha and i'd probably be tempted to sell. Knowing Citteh, they'd probably offer that as well.

Taking away my dislike for Ireland, he'd probably be an acceptable replacement for Arteta, would just be worried whether he's disciplined enough to play in centre midfield with Fellaini.

Does "It's Our Ireland Not Yours" sound a bit racist??? Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Tue 25 May 2010, 11:23 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

or a slogan for Sinn Fein. cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Tue 25 May 2010, 11:23 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

or a slogan for Sinn Fein. cheers

lol! Brilliant.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Tue 25 May 2010, 11:35 am

players come and go. we've got to be realistic (and i thik on this message board we are). if the price is right then thanks mikel and goodbye. Sad
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Tue 25 May 2010, 1:05 pm

treblA wrote:players come and go. we've got to be realistic (and i thik on this message board we are). if the price is right then thanks mikel and goodbye. Sad

When players get to their late 20s I am more tempted to accept big money transfers as it gives the chance to invest in younger players, so the fact Arteta is going to be 29 next season means this would probably be the only time we could get really big money for him after the next season his value will decrease by quite a lot.

So if they offer 20 million I would be tempted providing Moyes can use all the money and some, but we would have to have someone like Mourtino virtualy sown up before selling Arteta and with Everton things like that are never easy.

hope he stays but if he goes then we have to look to get someone younger and use the money wisely, same with Piennar but as he only has one year left its going to be hard to get good money so would rather tie him down if possible.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Tue 25 May 2010, 1:32 pm

I don't think he'll want to leave us like lescott did.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 25 May 2010, 1:33 pm

Diamond wrote:
treblA wrote:players come and go. we've got to be realistic (and i thik on this message board we are). if the price is right then thanks mikel and goodbye. Sad

When players get to their late 20s I am more tempted to accept big money transfers as it gives the chance to invest in younger players, so the fact Arteta is going to be 29 next season means this would probably be the only time we could get really big money for him after the next season his value will decrease by quite a lot.

So if they offer 20 million I would be tempted providing Moyes can use all the money and some, but we would have to have someone like Mourtino virtualy sown up before selling Arteta and with Everton things like that are never easy.

hope he stays but if he goes then we have to look to get someone younger and use the money wisely, same with Piennar but as he only has one year left its going to be hard to get good money so would rather tie him down if possible.

Moutinho must be in his mid 30's now, the length of time this transfer saga has dragged on.

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 25 May 2010, 1:35 pm

agreed
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 25 May 2010, 1:54 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:

agreed
Considering his age, he still has 3-5 good years left in him, but if we have a young great player lined up, it'll be tempting to accept.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68516

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 25 May 2010, 3:38 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

agreed
Considering his age, he still has 3-5 good years left in him, but if we have a young great player lined up, it'll be tempting to accept.

True, but if he got us into the CL next season and we got 3-5 years in there, then maybe it'd be best to keep him

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue on Tue 25 May 2010, 4:01 pm

i'm just not arsed anymore. i think afrter last summer and the season we've had due to injury i just refuse to get my hopes up or be concerned about players leaving.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Tue 25 May 2010, 5:18 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Diamond wrote:

Moutinho must be in his mid 30's now, the length of time this transfer saga has dragged on.

think he is only 23. well if you believe wicki
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 25 May 2010, 5:54 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

agreed

True, but if he got us into the CL next season and we got 3-5 years in there, then maybe it'd be best to keep him

The reason i say let him go is his age. I do think he has 3-5 years left in him but in 2 years we'd do well to get over £7m for him, consensus in idem
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 25 May 2010, 6:45 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

agreed

The reason i say let him go is his age. I do think he has 3-5 years left in him but in 2 years we'd do well to get over £7m for him, consensus in idem

True mate, but a loss of £14m on a transfer fee now might equate to a couple of years in the CL earning an extra £10m per annum Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Tue 25 May 2010, 6:48 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

agreed

True mate, but a loss of £14m on a transfer fee now might equate to a couple of years in the CL earning an extra £10m per annum Very Happy

for which we'd pay him about 4m?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 25 May 2010, 6:48 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

agreed

Yeah, if the money is spent wisely we could (possibly) get an even better player in. I would be rather surprised and somewhat disappointed though if he were to leave.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Tue 25 May 2010, 7:38 pm

The FA should outlaw aggressive canvassing of players from other teams. Big fines and large points deductions would soon stop Shitteh from trying to poach Barry, Lescott, Arteta etc.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20095

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Tue 25 May 2010, 8:42 pm

Like tonts said, it's not the same with Arteta. He is a rare breed and will stick by us I believe. I will be gutted if wrong, but it all comes down to what he wants. I hope it is us and not more money. Not everyone is the same, my instinct as with Rodwell is that they will stay. BWTF do I know.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 25 May 2010, 8:47 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:Like tonts said, it's not the same with Arteta. He is a rare breed and will stick by us I believe. I will be gutted if wrong, but it all comes down to what he wants. I hope it is us and not more money. Not everyone is the same, my instinct as with Rodwell is that they will stay. BWTF do I know.
Not much mate, not much. 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 7 F_whistl
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch on Tue 25 May 2010, 9:33 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:Like tonts said, it's not the same with Arteta. He is a rare breed and will stick by us I believe. I will be gutted if wrong, but it all comes down to what he wants. I hope it is us and not more money. Not everyone is the same, my instinct as with Rodwell is that they will stay. BWTF do I know.

I get that vibe too....but WTF......etc
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 26 May 2010, 10:33 am

mindyerho? wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

agreed

for which we'd pay him about 4m?

which we'd only spend on his replacement

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 26 May 2010, 10:55 am

I was trying for the life of me to find an interview with him where he talked about his injury and how good the club had been to him, but I couldn't find it. There was something along the lines of "when you get injures like this, you realise what's really important in a club. To have good people around you is very important." Just got the feeling he's got a bit more about him than some players and that he appreciates the club. But again, I've no idea what happens behind the scenes.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 26 May 2010, 1:46 pm

Tonteau wrote:

I was trying for the life of me to find an interview with him where he talked about his injury and how good the club had been to him, but I couldn't find it. There was something along the lines of "when you get injures like this, you realise what's really important in a club. To have good people around you is very important." Just got the feeling he's got a bit more about him than some players and that he appreciates the club. But again, I've no idea what happens behind the scenes.
It was part of the "series" (I think it was 2-3 episodes) on the OS some time back, around x-mas maybe, or right after that.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum