606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

+24
Gravy & Chips
Sack the Juggler
Tonteau
Yankthattoffee
notepad
Super
Valentino Blue
BB
ToffeeDan
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
RhinoJagz
The President
My other LB is a Ferrari
Bluey
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Blue gazza
The Griffin
Mr_Ben
Diamond
Dixie Land
hairy cataract
Luka Perfect
Barry Horne's Equaliser
28 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making - Page 3 Empty Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  Tonteau Tue 27 Jul 2010, 10:19 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:So is he a winger rather than a striker?

Moyes is "Not sure what his best position is".
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making - Page 3 Empty Re: 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making

Post  MagicMike Tue 27 Jul 2010, 12:19 pm

Tonteau wrote:Pacey: Check
Left Footed: Check
Happy to take people on: Think so.
Decent Crosser: Dunno, but he was taking corners in a few games, so possibly.
Young: Check
Potential to improve: Check

A classic Moyes buy. Now to string the Pienaar transfer out until the end of august and claim we had no time to spend the money.

He dug out a quality ball for Billy. Whipped it to the back stick, where the Russian found the side netting. Should've scored. Apparently he's a freekick taker too.

I think he's a forward but seeing how he's quick, left footed and inexperienced Moyes is trying him out wide. He's doing well.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 27 Jul 2010, 2:14 pm

Moyesy on Mags:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/07/27/magaye-gueye-can-be-everton-fc-s-secret-weapon-david-moyes-100252-26936884/
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  yankthetoffee Tue 03 Aug 2010, 10:32 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:How's this guys name pronounced?

May Gay Gay? king

Seriously, how do you pronounce the name of this guy, I mean Gueye, I mean......

I'm going with Ma-gay-ee Goo-eye-ee (wipe a little tear from your eye-ee)
yankthetoffee
yankthetoffee

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2005-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Tue 03 Aug 2010, 10:43 pm

Ma-gay-ay Gwee-ay

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Tue 03 Aug 2010, 11:02 pm

Is he quick enough to do a Donovanesque thing on the wing?
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 22 Jan 2011, 1:54 pm

Why isn't Gueye being given a chance... I mean even ten minutes at the end ?..

Last week Vaughan was on at the end ahead of him & we have even played Vic the carthorse Anichebe ahead of him.. I'm trying not to abuse Beckford anymore after his goal against the shite..

Has anyone actually seen Gueye ?... is he shite ??... I thought he was supposed to be the dogs bollocks pre-season..

I don't get it scratch

Number of posts : 40856
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 22 Jan 2011, 5:02 pm

BB wrote:Is he quick enough to do a Donovanesque thing on the wing?

quick yes (maybe), skilfulness etc NO
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:04 pm

LET'S PLAY GUEYE!

OR BRING BACK THE YAK!

Anyway, what's cooking with this kid?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 04 Mar 2011, 11:26 pm

Looked good in pre-season
Hasn't had a sniff since 19: Magaye Gueye - Promising Star in the Making - Page 3 Confused
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 05 Mar 2011, 11:46 am

I've been looking forward to seeing this lad in the 1st team for ages now but Moyes just doesn't seem to be interested in him.. maybe he's seen something that says he's just not good enough... or maybe he thinks it's too soon..

Seems very odd though when we're playing palyers taht are clearly shit (Anichebe) and palyer so badly off form (Bily, Arteta) etc... that he doesn't even give the lad 10 minutes at the end to make a name for himself..

I was sure he'd come on last week against Sunderland when we were 2-0 up & cruising.. but STILL no ..

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 05 Mar 2011, 12:09 pm

Could be a Coleman kind of player, needing time to develop. Even Seamus has gone off the boil after a pretty impressive introduction.
We just don't seem capable of getting our 2 or 3 pacey players around the sides, and it just needs some simple tactics at times, and the ability for some players to read each other.
Anyway, if the lad doesn't get a crack of the whip with so many players missing, there is little down for him other than a loan.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Sat 05 Mar 2011, 1:08 pm

I've seen rumours that he's injured and rumours that he's back in France at the moment possible family problems or home sickness. Nothing has been on the OS either way
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Tue 08 Mar 2011, 4:39 pm

got a response from Duffy about Marvin

ShaneDuffy1 Shane Duffy
@
@AlanMcGregor no mate hes been injured , just been back training now mate

shocking that we need to chase our reserve players on twitter for the whereabouts of our "biggest signing of the summer" rather than the club putting something on the OS
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 05 Apr 2011, 7:12 pm

How did he get along against Villa? The highlights I saw were somewhat limited (MOTD).
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74368

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Wed 06 Apr 2011, 9:18 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:How did he get along against Villa? The highlights I saw were somewhat limited (MOTD).

he did alright looks full of confidence and seems to have a good left foot, looks like he could be a good player for us but also looks like the sort of player who's going to go missing quite often against more physical/route one teams. wasn't afraid to run at defenders, has a bit of pace and a good left foot.

I do think people are getting a bit over excited about him and Vellios as there's little else to look forward to now this season, but they do look like if they'd be worth a bit of playing time before the end of the season.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 06 Apr 2011, 12:37 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:How did he get along against Villa? The highlights I saw were somewhat limited (MOTD).

he did alright looks full of confidence and seems to have a good left foot, looks like he could be a good player for us but also looks like the sort of player who's going to go missing quite often against more physical/route one teams. wasn't afraid to run at defenders, has a bit of pace and a good left foot.

I do think people are getting a bit over excited about him and Vellios as there's little else to look forward to now this season, but they do look like if they'd be worth a bit of playing time before the end of the season.

at the prem level you have to be willing and bale to track back and cover, not just go forward, so hopefully that's what Moyes has been working on with him all this time.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 06 Apr 2011, 1:41 pm

Interesting that he came on and took a couple of set pieces, Baineseys usually all over them.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 06 Apr 2011, 2:55 pm

mindyerho? wrote:Interesting that he came on and took a couple of set pieces, Baineseys usually all over them.

Looked like he wanted to make an impact as soon as he came on.
Throws, free kicks. Would like to see him on the left. I'm surprized he let Baines take the pen. (Should have been Hibbo)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 06 Apr 2011, 5:13 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:Interesting that he came on and took a couple of set pieces, Baineseys usually all over them.

Throws, free kicks. Would like to see him on the left. I'm surprized he let Baines take the pen. (Should have been Hibbo)

Bet you're glad it wasn't, though.

Although, Baines needs to get back to twatting it into the corner and cut out that piddly 'ball-down-the-middle' lark. He very nearly ballsed that one up.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 07 Apr 2011, 12:56 am

Tonteau wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Bet you're glad it wasn't, though.

Although, Baines needs to get back to twatting it into the corner and cut out that piddly 'ball-down-the-middle' lark. He very nearly ballsed that one up.

Much prefer the chip shot to the top corner myself. Maybe he just wants to mix it up and screw up the goalie swats, who study this stuff. (like what we do)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:11 am

based on yesterday's performance that is GBP1m down the drain
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:19 am

Mr_Ben wrote:based on yesterday's performance that is GBP1m down the drain

we dont judge players on one game though do we Laughing
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sun 10 Apr 2011, 12:00 pm

It's always difficult to assess the young lads coming through to play in the first team, we effectively had five of the youth team in the squad today and it's going to take time and experience for them to make the transition to full blown premier league players, in fact I was amazed so many got on the field yesterday, i shows either that we have faith in them, or, more likely, that moyes feels we won't be buying anyone so he has to rush them through
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 11 Apr 2011, 6:59 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:It's always difficult to assess the young lads coming through to play in the first team, we effectively had five of the youth team in the squad today and it's going to take time and experience for them to make the transition to full blown premier league players, in fact I was amazed so many got on the field yesterday, i shows either that we have faith in them, or, more likely, that moyes feels we won't be buying anyone so he has to rush them through

Or, rathermore simply, that 5-6 of our first team players are injured.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next