23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Re: 23: Seamus Coleman - Sligo's overpriced superstar

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 28 Mar 2017, 5:33 pm

Tonteau wrote:Gutted for Seamus, he's been excellent this season and his attitude has always been spot on. I'd like to see Holgate get a run. Jags is the only proper right-footer we have but is not as mobile as Holgate. Galloway and Funes Mori both left footed.
I wonder if RK will compensate for the loss of Seamus by playing 3 in the back & limiting the risk of a lesser full back... by playing Holgate, Macca, etc as an advanced wing back
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34003
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 6:45 pm

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/04/11/coleman-cheered-by-blues-visit
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 6:57 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39719923
The President

Number of posts : 11561
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WellOilBeefHooked on Fri 05 May 2017, 8:45 pm

Seamus signs a new 5 year contract cheers cheers cheers and says that Bill K sent him a text to say that the contract he was about to sign after the International Break (no pun intended !!) would remain for when he returned back to Finch Farm - what a club we follow !!! cheers cheers
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1191
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 06 May 2017, 2:52 am

WellOilBeefHooked wrote:Seamus signs a new 5 year contract cheers cheers cheers and says that Bill K sent him a text to say that the contract he was about to sign after the International Break (no pun intended !!) would remain for when he returned back to Finch Farm - what a club we follow !!! cheers cheers
Makes me proud to be an Evertonian. cheers cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 67206

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 9:31 am

And the club's manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed full-back Seamus Coleman has returned to training, 10 months after he broke his leg playing for Republic of Ireland
The President

Number of posts : 11561
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Wed 10 Jan 2018, 6:34 pm

The President wrote:And the club's manager Sam Allardyce has confirmed full-back Seamus Coleman has returned to training, 10 months after he broke his leg playing for Republic of Ireland

Great news! cheers
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 3:20 pm

Seamus Coleman is poised to take the next step on his road to recovery from a broken leg by featuring in Everton Under-23s' clash with Portsmouth at Goodison Park tonight (7pm kick-off).

Right-back Coleman has been sidelined for 10 months after suffering the injury playing a World Cup qualifying match for Republic of Ireland against Wales in March.

Manager Sam Allardyce last Friday confirmed that the 29-year-old had completed his first week's training with the Toffees' squad since embarking on his comeback trail.

Coleman last appeared for Everton in a 4-0 Premier League victory over Hull City on 18 March last year. He joined the Blues from League of Ireland team Sligo Rovers in January 2009 and has scored 18 goals in 206 Premier League appearances for the Club.

You can watch Coleman in action tonight with our free live stream via the Club's YouTube page
Super

Number of posts : 36474
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 6:50 pm

Seamus live on EFC youtube tonight ... 7pm kick off..

Luke Garbutt also starting..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f2kWIAD2A0
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 9:21 pm

Any news? Is he doing OK?
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 67206

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 11:31 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Any news? Is he doing OK?

watched about 40 minutes off and on and missed all three goals Sad

Both looked decent. Garbutt is quick, I'd forgotten. Coleman even threw in a crunching tackle so Sam may have to dial him back a bit.
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17393
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 1:37 pm

mindyerEnvelopeMister? wrote:

Both looked decent. Garbutt is quick, I'd forgotten. Coleman even threw in a crunching tackle so Sam may have to dial him back a bit.
I missed all of Coleman's time on the pitch, but watched the last half hour or so of the match.  Garbutt was on the far side of the pitch, so with the fixed camera you couldn't really see him but he put a few nice corners in.  

Two things though, firstly Antony Evans looks a bit special.  Whether he will actually make it or not is another thing though, he did give the ball away cheaply a couple of times, but he has tons of natural ability.  Not surprised that a few teams are sniffing around him cos his contract is up in six months I think.  Hope we don't let him go, but if we do we need to put in a buy back clause.

Secondly, it was much more entertaining than watching the first team.  The U23s play with much less fear and they knock the ball around really quickly.  True, the opposition was shite, but it was refreshing nevertheless.  Nice antidote to the whole Premier League/£500k a week/Sky shite.
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 23898

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 3:05 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

I missed all of Coleman's time on the pitch, but watched the last half hour or so of the match.  Garbutt was on the far side of the pitch, so with the fixed camera you couldn't really see him but he put a few nice corners in.  

Two things though, firstly Antony Evans looks a bit special.  Whether he will actually make it or not is another thing though, he did give the ball away cheaply a couple of times, but he has tons of natural ability.  Not surprised that a few teams are sniffing around him cos his contract is up in six months I think.  Hope we don't let him go, but if we do we need to put in a buy back clause.

Secondly, it was much more entertaining than watching the first team.  The U23s play with much less fear and they knock the ball around really quickly.  True, the opposition was shite, but it was refreshing nevertheless.  Nice antidote to the whole Premier League/£500k a week/Sky shite.

I watched the match on Your Tube this morning.... and like you I was impressed at the pace and "connectivity" the squad had in playing intricate one touch football....

We also have Onyekru to return to the side after his loan spell (currently back at Everton working through rehab) - he is scoring well in Belgian Championship. Most of me now is thinking lets get to the end of the season in whatever shape we can as long as we retain our place.... we are lucky that we might not have too many World Cup squad members (Siggy, Pickford and Gueye are most likely I can see Keane, Niasse and Schneiderlin missing out) which should allow us to collectively throw 17-18 into the mental garbage bin and start afresh. The U23s will be one year older and we can seriously start to think about a much younger squad and perhaps better balanced squad.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8734
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeMister? on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 7:07 pm

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I watched the match on Your Tube this morning.... and like you I was impressed at the pace and "connectivity" the squad had in playing intricate one touch football....

We also have Onyekru to return to the side after his loan spell (currently back at Everton working through rehab) - he is scoring well in Belgian Championship. Most of me now is thinking lets get to the end of the season in whatever shape we can as long as we retain our place.... we are lucky that we might not have too many World Cup squad members (Siggy, Pickford and Gueye are most likely I can see Keane, Niasse and Schneiderlin missing out) which should allow us to collectively throw 17-18 into the mental garbage bin and start afresh. The U23s will be one year older and we can seriously start to think about a much younger squad and perhaps better balanced squad.

just watched the goals, finally. That second! Whoosh!
mindyerEnvelopeMister?

Number of posts : 17393
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16