606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

+42
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Goodison_Gringo
Super
WellOilBeefHooked
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
RhinoJagz
The President
Mr_Ben
hairy cataract
SEFTON
El Pablo
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
ToffeeDan
Lumper
Sheep Flavour
Da Judge
BB
The Griffin
Blue gazza
SouthernSmugToffee
yankthetoffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
Albert
Bryan
Valentino Blue
notepad
tadpole
toffee_pies
Michael Crosby S74
paul
Bluey
Top Balcony Blue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
MyBlueToothBrush
Landon_toffee
46 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 14 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  Armchair Fri 19 Jun 2015, 1:41 pm

Super wrote:
Everton FC captain Phil Jagielka says the decision to sign a new contract with the club took minutes, rather than hours, after the defender signed a one-year extension with the Blues.  The 32-year-old has signed his current deal after an excellent season at Goodison Park and will now remain with the club until 2018.

The defender, who is entering his ninth season on Merseyside, was recently named the club's Player of the Season after a period which saw Martinez hail his skipper being in 'the best moment of his career'.  And Jagielka says commiting his future was not a hard decision.

“It’s always nice to feel wanted,” said. “Being rewarded with the extra year gives me that motivation to keep striving to get better and to keep going for as long as possible.  “It wasn’t the longest negotiations ever – it only took a couple of minutes rather than hours. I love it here, I want to stay here and thankfully enough the Club felt the same.  “The contract was drawn up and I popped back after a little holiday to sign it. Now I look forward to getting back for pre-season.”

Jagielka has been captain for the entirety of Martinez's Everton reign, and the Blues boss is delighted he will remain at Goodison even longer.  “It’s great news that Phil is extending his relationship with the club,” added Martinez. “He has excelled as a leader and as a captain of our football club for the last two seasons.  “I am sure everyone connected with the club will join me in being absolutely delighted that he has signed this extension to his deal.”

cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 14 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  hairy cataract Fri 19 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm

Armchair wrote:
Super wrote:
Everton FC captain Phil Jagielka says the decision to sign a new contract with the club took minutes, rather than hours, after the defender signed a one-year extension with the Blues.  The 32-year-old has signed his current deal after an excellent season at Goodison Park and will now remain with the club until 2018.

The defender, who is entering his ninth season on Merseyside, was recently named the club's Player of the Season after a period which saw Martinez hail his skipper being in 'the best moment of his career'.  And Jagielka says commiting his future was not a hard decision.

“It’s always nice to feel wanted,” said. “Being rewarded with the extra year gives me that motivation to keep striving to get better and to keep going for as long as possible.  “It wasn’t the longest negotiations ever – it only took a couple of minutes rather than hours. I love it here, I want to stay here and thankfully enough the Club felt the same.  “The contract was drawn up and I popped back after a little holiday to sign it. Now I look forward to getting back for pre-season.”

Jagielka has been captain for the entirety of Martinez's Everton reign, and the Blues boss is delighted he will remain at Goodison even longer.  “It’s great news that Phil is extending his relationship with the club,” added Martinez. “He has excelled as a leader and as a captain of our football club for the last two seasons.  “I am sure everyone connected with the club will join me in being absolutely delighted that he has signed this extension to his deal.”

cheers
lol! lol! lol! Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 14 Action-s Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 14 Action-s Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 14 Action-s
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Fri 19 Jun 2015, 3:42 pm

Super wrote:

As great a player as he is, I do worry about him as captain. At times it seems there is no leadership on the pitch at all.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 19 Jun 2015, 5:11 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
Super wrote:

As great a player as he is, I do worry about him as captain. At times it seems there is no leadership on the pitch at all.
Needs to head the ball occasionally, or lobby for Robles as number 1.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 30 Jun 2015, 9:13 am

They were talking about middle names on Talksport today. Phil's middle name is Nikodern.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 30 Jun 2015, 9:20 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:They were talking about middle names on Talksport today. Phil's middle name is Nikodern.
Laughing

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 30 Jun 2015, 9:35 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:They were talking about middle names on Talksport today. Phil's middle name is Nikodern.

His surname is Jajielka. Very Happy
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 30 Jun 2015, 9:51 am

Statman wrote:

It is nearly.

I wonder where those names originate. With my extremely limited knowledge of such things I would hazard a guess that Nikodern is Greek maybe, but I have no idea from where the name Jagielka may have descended from.

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 30 Jun 2015, 10:20 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Statman wrote:

It is nearly.

I wonder where those names originate. With my extremely limited knowledge of such things I would hazard a guess that Nikodern is Greek maybe, but I have no idea from where the name Jagielka may have descended from.

Jagielka is of Polish and Scottish descent.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 30 Jun 2015, 10:22 am

Super wrote:
Statman wrote:

It is nearly.

No - you're thinking of McJagielka.

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 30 Jun 2015, 10:29 am

Super wrote:
Statman wrote:

It is nearly.

No - you're thinking of McJagielka.

The McJagielska clan from Krakow.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 30 Jun 2015, 11:06 am

Seriously? That sounds like a cleaning product of some kind.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 30 Jun 2015, 11:20 am

Yes. And Gylfi Sigurdsson's middle name is Thor. They were talking about middle names because the middle name of Liam Brody (who won his first Wimbledon match yesterday) is Tarquin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 30 Jun 2015, 12:24 pm

Statman wrote:

It is nearly.

Oops.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 30 Jun 2015, 12:27 pm

Yes. And Gylfi Sigurdsson's middle name is Thor. They were talking about middle names because the middle name of Liam Brody (who won his first Wimbledon match yesterday) is Tarquin.

My wife would describe that as a 'hopeful' name. That is, people call their children such names because they are hopeful they will be a lawyer, doctor, etc.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 30 Jun 2015, 12:43 pm

Statman wrote:

My wife would describe that as a 'hopeful' name. That is, people call their children such names because they are hopeful they will be a lawyer, doctor, etc.
and I guess the kids are "hopeful" no-one ever finds out that's their middle name
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Tue 30 Jun 2015, 12:49 pm

I though his name was Gijelka - That's how Ratts pronounces it
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Tue 30 Jun 2015, 1:05 pm

error 404 wrote:
Statman wrote:

and I guess the kids are "hopeful" no-one ever finds out that's their middle name

True but a 'hopeful' name is usually a first name.
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 30 Jun 2015, 1:13 pm

SIGN HIM!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 30 Jun 2015, 1:27 pm

Statman wrote:
error 404 wrote:
Statman wrote:

True but a 'hopeful' name is usually a first name.
in that case they are probably "hopeful" that they don't get christened "Tarquin"
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 30 Jun 2015, 6:21 pm

Maybe a nicotine patch? Maybe an Irish Jockey?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 13 Aug 2015, 9:56 pm

Let me be very contentious here.
Should we be looking for a replacement for Jags?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 13 Aug 2015, 10:22 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Let me be very contentious here.
Should we be looking for a replacement for Jags?

Well if he is still first choice for us in 15 years we will be in trouble. If the point is does he need to be replaced now then yes you are being contentious. I think the club is lining up replacements in the 2 year window

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 07 Sep 2015, 10:13 pm

Our 'new' number 10!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Mon 26 Oct 2015, 12:54 pm

Out for 9 weeks Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 14 661318
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next