17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 09 May 2011, 1:31 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:A great Cameo from Timmy against the City shitehawks this weekend. with him becoming more and more of an injury concern is it time to look to play him primarily as an impact player from the bench and work on making the starting eleven less reliant on him?

I'm thinking in the way that we used Big Dunc in his final couple of seasons as an impact sub and in games where we need that extra impact on the pitch. He'd effectively be our plan B.

at some stage or another he's going to have to cut down his playing time or put less into his play due to his injury problems so is it worth taking the plunge and implementing a change now or wait untill he's done and see if we've can adapt then.

He has played an unbelievable amount of games for us and Australia over the past couple of years so I am hoping he can get a good rest this season so that he is fit and firing on all barrells again next season. I think it is a bit too early to write him off just as an impact sub but that my be the way he will head in a year to two.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Mr_Ben on Thu 26 May 2011, 8:16 am

does he ever buy clothes?

Just seems to go around Sydney and be given free Adidas and Armani gear
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Thu 26 May 2011, 7:06 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:does he ever buy clothes?

Just seems to go around Sydney and be given free Adidas and Armani gear
You know, these footballers don't have it easy.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68396
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Super on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:53 am

Meanwhile, Sydney United are keen to persuade Tim Cahill to finish his career with them. The 31-year-old has made no secret of his desire to return to Australia after calling time on his career in the Premier League, and Sydney chief executive Dirk Melton believes landing the Socceroo would be a major coup. He said: “Any successful Socceroo who is interested in returning will be of interest to us.”
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 10:35 am

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2011/June/16/cahill-looks-to-managerial-future/

Everton's Australian midfielder Tim Cahill has said he is keen to become a manager when he retires.

Cahill, 31, said he would like to follow in the footsteps of Blues' boss David Moyes when he hangs up his boots.

"I definitely want to remain involved in football - it has been my life for so long now and I don’t know what I would do without being involved in some shape or form," Cahill told GrandOldTeam.com.

"Management would definitely be something I would consider when I decide to call it a day as a pro."

"I have learned so much since I began playing in England and I would love the opportunity to pass some of this information on to other players and hopefully be a successful manager and win some trophies."

Cahill said he would aim to emulate Moyes when he moves into management, claiming the Everton boss has been one of the biggest influences on his career.

Moyes signed Cahill from Championship outfit Millwall for 1.5 million pounds in 2004, and has been rewarded with seven years of service.

Cahill believes the Scot has been the driving force behind Everton’s run of six top-seven finishes in the past eight seasons.

"Moyesy has been very loyal to the club and I think I have learned a lot from him over the years," Cahill said.

"He is always there and is a constant source of motivation for the lads – especially when things are not going so well."

"He is always honest with the players and I think this has been important for us, as a team, in recent seasons."

"We have a great group of players at the club and I think this is largely down to the work of the boss - he has made some great signings and we all have a great understanding of each other which helps massively when you are trying to win matches."

Cahill saw his campaign disrupted by injury last season, with a persistent foot problem limiting him to 28 appearances.
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Armchair on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 12:53 pm

Sign him! (as a coach)
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Valentino Blue on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:20 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Sign him! (as a coach)

be nice to have an a coach who has an attacking background like.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Age : 39
Location : The Gate
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 12:39 am

Valentino Blue wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:Sign him! (as a coach)

be nice to have an a coach who has an attacking background like.
I think Cahill woud be a good coach. He has loads of passion when it comes to football and from what I can tell is a likable person as well with lots of knowledge of the game.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68396
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Super on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:01 am

Valencia are preparing a summer raid on Everton for both Mikel Arteta and Tim Cahill sources in Spain have revealed.

The Spanish outfit currently sit in third place in the Primera Liga, six points ahead of nearest rivals Villareal meaning Champions League football is something that could be offered to the Everton forwards in the summer.

With the Toffees having yet another season of underachievement it could be suggested that numerous Everton stars are perhaps looking for a move away and Valencia in particular see Arteta and Cahill as two excellent additions to a squad looking to make their mark again in Europe.

Arteta remains a player that is continuously linked with a move away but after yet another unsuccessful season in the Premiership he could fancy a move back to his homeland. Cahill on the other hand will be 32 at the end of the year and will be looking to end his career with the chance of some European football. Moyes will certainly have some work to do to keep the two forwards at Goodison Park after the summer.

With the players now at that age where value begins to depreciate it is believed that a figure close to £18m will be enough to prise both players to the Mestalla.

Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 4:04 pm

Super wrote:Valencia are preparing a summer raid on Everton for both Mikel Arteta and Tim Cahill sources in Spain have revealed.

The Spanish outfit currently sit in third place in the Primera Liga, six points ahead of nearest rivals Villareal meaning Champions League football is something that could be offered to the Everton forwards in the summer.

With the Toffees having yet another season of underachievement it could be suggested that numerous Everton stars are perhaps looking for a move away and Valencia in particular see Arteta and Cahill as two excellent additions to a squad looking to make their mark again in Europe.

Arteta remains a player that is continuously linked with a move away but after yet another unsuccessful season in the Premiership he could fancy a move back to his homeland. Cahill on the other hand will be 32 at the end of the year and will be looking to end his career with the chance of some European football. Moyes will certainly have some work to do to keep the two forwards at Goodison Park after the summer.

With the players now at that age where value begins to depreciate it is believed that a figure close to £18m will be enough to prise both players to the Mestalla.

£18M?! For real!? I'd be tempted to fly over and drive them myself to Spain for that kind of money!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68396
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Super on Wed 06 Jul 2011, 11:53 am

Is this the first time in a long time that Cahill has not been playing any football over the summer? Fully charged ready for the new season!
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Statman on Wed 06 Jul 2011, 4:44 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:Valencia are preparing a summer raid on Everton for both Mikel Arteta and Tim Cahill sources in Spain have revealed.

The Spanish outfit currently sit in third place in the Primera Liga, six points ahead of nearest rivals Villareal meaning Champions League football is something that could be offered to the Everton forwards in the summer.

With the Toffees having yet another season of underachievement it could be suggested that numerous Everton stars are perhaps looking for a move away and Valencia in particular see Arteta and Cahill as two excellent additions to a squad looking to make their mark again in Europe.

Arteta remains a player that is continuously linked with a move away but after yet another unsuccessful season in the Premiership he could fancy a move back to his homeland. Cahill on the other hand will be 32 at the end of the year and will be looking to end his career with the chance of some European football. Moyes will certainly have some work to do to keep the two forwards at Goodison Park after the summer.

With the players now at that age where value begins to depreciate it is believed that a figure close to £18m will be enough to prise both players to the Mestalla.

£18M?! For real!? I'd be tempted to fly over and drive them myself to Spain for that kind of money!



Don't tell them that they are really midfielders else the proposed fee will fall.

Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7088
Age : 56
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Sheep Flavour on Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:31 am

Named in the squad to play Wales a week Weds.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Age : 38
Location : Wales
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:55 pm

Timmy scored in a 1-2 win at Wales tonight
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Armchair on Thu 11 Aug 2011, 7:37 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Timmy scored in a 1-2 win at Wales tonight

He must have picked up an injury: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14485169.stm
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:44 am

has failed to score for them (Everton) since a 2-1 win at Manchester City last December.

Never realised this.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Super on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 10:49 am

Mr_Ben wrote:
has failed to score for them (Everton) since a 2-1 win at Manchester City last December.

Never realised this.

Yeah heard this on Soccer Saturday when in the pub. Just after he had missed that header from a couple of yards out, Jeff Stelling mentioned Cahill has not scored a goal for Everton this calendar year.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Armchair on Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
has failed to score for them (Everton) since a 2-1 win at Manchester City last December.

Never realised this.

He was injured for most of the 2nd half of the season though.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Super on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 11:21 am

Everton midfielder Tim Cahill has been ruled out of Australia's forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Malaysia and Oman. The Toffees' medical staff have insisted he needs more time to recover from the ankle injury he received after clashing with Vincent Kompany in their 2-0 defeat nine days ago.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Armchair on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 1:01 pm

Super wrote:Everton midfielder Tim Cahill has been ruled out of Australia's forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Malaysia and Oman. The Toffees' medical staff have insisted he needs more time to recover from the ankle injury he received after clashing with Vincent Kompany in their 2-0 defeat nine days ago.

He played 90 minutes on Saturday but can't play this weekend? Not that I'm complaining. I'm sure Aussies will beat the mighty Malaysia and Oman without him.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Qld Toffee on Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:20 am

I wouldn't be so sure Sad - glad to see Tim getting a rest though, can't say the same about Schwarzer, Kewell & Emerton who are also not playing

Qld Toffee
Qld Toffee

Number of posts : 1207
Age : 52
Location : Brisbane, Australia
Registration date : 2006-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  ToffeeDan on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 1:40 am

Amazingly we've scored 55 goals since his last Everton goal (at Man City in December)

Saha (10), Drenthe (2), Rodwell (1), Vellios (2), Fellaini (3), Jags (2), Osman (5), Baines (7), Arteta (2), Beckford (7), Distin (2), Billy (2), Coleman (5), Heitinga (1)- even Neville (2) & Anichebe (1) plus one own goal have been scored in the meantime. 36 games (admittedly he hasn't played in all of them - only around 40% of the playing time in this period) since that goal!

Basically in playing time he's gone around 14 and a bit games since scoring.

_________________
Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20091
Age : 58
Location : Wirral
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 1:36 pm

Sadly I see TC as a bench, impact sub at best.
I think there are 5-6 players better equiped to hold down a spot before T17.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6337
Age : 66
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Sadly I see TC as a bench, impact sub at best.
I think there are 5-6 players better equiped to hold down a spot before T17.
It's really amazing how he has gone from being a regular to "why is he starting?" player. Weren't we rumoured to having turned down bids for him last year?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68396
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Super on Tue 01 Nov 2011, 2:27 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Sadly I see TC as a bench, impact sub at best.
I think there are 5-6 players better equiped to hold down a spot before T17.
It's really amazing how he has gone from being a regular to "why is he starting?" player. Weren't we rumoured to having turned down bids for him last year?

I think Stoke were rumoured to be making a late bid for him on transfer dealine day.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) - Page 10 Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum