3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 28 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Armchair on Fri 29 Jul 2016, 7:33 am

Well, he's 31 now so we should offer him an 8 year deal.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19640
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 28 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 29 Jul 2016, 1:23 pm

Armchair wrote:Well, he's 31 now so we should offer him an 8 year deal.
He's a Kirkby 31 year old.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68329
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 12:09 am

Leighton Baines became the third defender to score 30 Premier League goals after John Terry (40) and David Unsworth (38).
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11903
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 28 Empty Leighton Baines

Post  Yankthattoffee on Wed 23 May 2018, 10:42 am

Everton's need for a left-back has suddenly heightened amid news Leighton Baines is set to quit the club after 11 years.

Baines, 33, is jetting out for talks with both LA Galaxy and Los Angeles FC as he sets his sights on a move to Major League Soccer.

(Big loss if it's true. - One of my favourite players ever)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6320
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Wed 23 May 2018, 11:27 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Everton's need for a left-back has suddenly heightened amid news Leighton Baines is set to quit the club after 11 years.

Baines, 33, is jetting out for talks with both LA Galaxy and Los Angeles FC as he sets his sights on a move to Major League Soccer.

For reasons that I cannot divulge I expect that there are going to be a number of players looking to expatriate themselves for a while.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 8833
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 23 May 2018, 12:14 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Everton's need for a left-back has suddenly heightened amid news Leighton Baines is set to quit the club after 11 years.

For reasons that I cannot divulge I expect that there are going to be a number of players looking to expatriate themselves for a while.

Divulge! Divulge!

Have you been advising them to leave before a 90% super tax is introduced on past-it footballers?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24022

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 23 May 2018, 2:43 pm

If he were to come to the Colorado Rapids he could stay in my basement for a while. He'd love it. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Wed 23 May 2018, 3:52 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Divulge! Divulge!

Have you been advising them to leave before a 90% super tax is introduced on past-it footballers?

Well it's not that. It probably falls into some form or Aesop fable... "when too much is just too much" OR "if it looks like a fish, swims like a fish, then do not be surprised that its smells like a fish"

Some the footballing pros are believed to owe significant sums as a result of poor advice

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 23 May 2018, 4:05 pm

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Divulge! Divulge!

Well it's not that. It probably falls into some form or Aesop fable... "when too much is just too much" OR "if it looks like a fish, swims like a fish, then do not be surprised that its smells like a fish"

Some the footballing pros are believed to owe significant sums as a result of poor advice

Joining Everton? Very Happy
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 23 May 2018, 8:53 pm

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Divulge! Divulge!

Ah, a touch of the Gary Barlow's then?

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Wed 23 May 2018, 10:03 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Divulge! Divulge!

Not so much a touch think of it as being characterised as a large slap.... there are rumours that there may be more than one who owes an amount that is 8 figures to the left of the decimal point.

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 23 May 2018, 10:53 pm

Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Divulge! Divulge!

Not so much a touch think of it as being characterised as a large slap.... there are rumours that there may be more than one who owes an amount that is 8 figures to the left of the decimal point.

Wow. Surely not one of our players? Only Wazza would have that sort of dough?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge on Thu 24 May 2018, 6:31 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Divulge! Divulge!

Wow.  Surely not one of our players?  Only Wazza would have that sort of dough?

I was talking in general about the number of footballers who have fallen foul of th recent high cost judgements.

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 25 May 2018, 8:44 pm

Leighton Baines: Everton defender 'wants to stay at Goodison Park' despite LA Galaxy links

Everton defender Leighton Baines wants to remain at the club despite rumours linking him with a move to LA Galaxy.

The 33-year-old is under contract with the Merseysiders until summer 2019 and made 29 appearances last season.

Baines' campaign was interrupted by a calf injury and reports on Tuesday suggested he will fly to the US to discuss a move to Major League Soccer.

But BBC sport understands he wants to remain at Goodison Park with a new manager set to be appointed.

Everton parted company with Sam Allardyce on 16 May after six months.

Last week the Toffees, who finished eighth last season, appointed former PSV Eindhoven sporting director Marcel Brands as their new director of football and the Dutchman is leading the search for their next manager along with new chief executive Denise Barrett-Baxendale.

Former Watford boss Marco Silva is a leading candidate for that role after being strongly linked with the job after Ronald Koeman was sacked last October.

Everton were unable to prise Silva away from Vicarage Road - despite being willing to pay around £15m in compensation - and were eventually threatened with legal action by Watford unless they ended their pursuit.

The Hornets then sacked Silva in January after a poor run of results, effectively blaming the Toffees' move for their manager in November as "the catalyst for this decision" and insisting they would have continued to prosper but for "an unwarranted approach".

Meanwhile, Baines' team-mate Wayne Rooney is interested in the prospect of playing in the MLS next season and has been given permission by the club to speak to DC United.

It is believed the Toffees would welcome a scenario in which the 32-year-old stayed with them, and want him to speak to Brands and their next manager before making a decision.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44222735?ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34402

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 30 Jul 2018, 9:58 pm

Not sure if this is even really a story, but regardless.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/30/report-newcastle-rule-out-move-for-evertons-leighton-baines-due/
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 31 Jul 2018, 2:29 pm

I'd still like to see him alongside Gueye in the Scnide role.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Tue 31 Jul 2018, 3:55 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:I'd still like to see him alongside Gueye in the Scnide role.

Morning Yank.

Baines biggest issue is his lack of height. In Schnidey's role that would be even more of an issue, IMO
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 31 Jul 2018, 4:18 pm

mindyerEnvelopeMister? wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:I'd still like to see him alongside Gueye in the Scnide role.

Morning Yank.  

Baines biggest issue is his lack of height. In Schnidey's role that would be even more of an issue, IMO
I went to the Bury game, and Baines was a class above pretty much everybody else.
He still reads a game better than most, and could carve open spaces which Scnide and others don't even see.
We once had a midfield of Ossie, Arteta and peanut. I don't think height would be a challenge if we have a strapping back line.
I've not sure just how good Mina is after the WC, and if Rojo comes too, height won't be much of an issue?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 21 May 2019, 6:51 pm

out of contract this summer ... what will he / we do ?
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 21 May 2019, 7:24 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:out of contract this summer ... what will he / we do ?
As with Jags we need cover for the left back too, and while Digne is brilliant, we don;t have any experience cover if he gets injured or suspended. If we can get in a left back then great, if not, keep him (and let him take the penalties!)

Number of posts : 25841
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 21 May 2019, 7:58 pm

He's still got another season in him, if he's happy to be the understudy to Digne.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 8:49 am

Everton hope English left-back Leighton Baines, 34, will accept their 12-month contract extension offer. (Liverpool Echo)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11903
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 05 Jun 2019, 1:31 pm

Super
Super

Number of posts : 36839
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 7:54 pm

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2019/06/19/baines-signs-new-everton-deal?fbclid=IwAR2L-WzFsGuboY5Dwn8CHHT8Oe8_sS2dTHxiOs-eHIOZu-fpjpCEdoePp6Q

Baines Signs New Everton Deal
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 19 Jun 2019, 9:03 pm

Like a new (but very old) signing.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28