Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue - Page 13 Empty Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 1:16 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Just got the season ticket renewal letter.
I'm sure those of you who have received the same letter,noticed that a picture of Rodders is the only one featured.
BK trickery.

Man United's using the same picture on theirs Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue - Page 13 Empty Re: Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue

Post  Yankthattoffee on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 1:20 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Just got the season ticket renewal letter.
I'm sure those of you who have received the same letter,noticed that a picture of Rodders is the only one featured.
BK trickery.

Man United's using the same picture on theirs Very Happy

That's funny.

How's Cayman these days? I've totally lost touch with the industry now. Deliberate on my part. I thought once I go, I go.
First season I've ever had a season ticket. The L'pool game, Spurs and Blackpool were worth it, but the guys will have to put a great shift in, for the rest of the season to thank me and my missus for our loyalty.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6336
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Thu 24 Feb 2011, 1:31 pm

Not bad, still enjoying it, and the weather superb at the moment. Though it's been a rough 12 months. Too much work since we took over the other businesses, and moving house, and then its been a bad year for people and pets dying as well.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 12:10 am

Sensational when Felli went off.. if we sell him I'm going to chain myself to the winslow bar as a protest
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 8:49 am

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is considering a double bid for Everton stars Jack Rodwell and Sylvain Distin in the summer transfer window as he looks to address two principle areas of concern for the title-chasing Gunners.
The move would plug two significant gaps in the north Londoners' line-up, where concerns persist about the reliability of their centre-backs and the form of their holding midfielders.
As a young and developing English talent, Rodwell, 19, certainly fits the bill for Wenger - although a price-tag in the region of £15million may prove a stumbling block. Nevertheless, Everton's mounting debts may see them forced into selling their starlet, who is also rumoured to be Manchester United's wanted list.
Meanwhile Wenger has been searching for a dependable centre-back with Premier League experience for some time. And although he continues to be linked with a bid for Bolton's Gary Cahill, it is thought the French tactician would instead be keen to add countryman Distin, 33, because he offers a different option to his current squad.
Sebastien Squillaci has been largely unimpressive since arriving from Sevilla in the summer - despite being expected to be the 'old head' in an otherwise inexperienced Arsenal defence. And while Thomas Vermaelen, Johan Djourou, and Laurent Koscielny all look very capable, question marks remain over their susceptibility to injury.
The former Manchester City and Portsmouth player's age could see him available for a bargain price - especially as Distin is out of contract in 18 months' time. However, Toffees manager David Moyes has said he is keen to open negotiations over a new deal with Distin when the season is over. 'It is something we will look at in the summer,' Moyes said. 'Sylvain has been great for us and the change after Joleon Lescott left has been relatively seamless. 'He's played all the games, trains all the time and that is a big thing. He takes a lot of pride in that and rightly so.'
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 8:50 am

Nevertheless, Everton's mounting debts may see them forced into selling their starlet,

Rolling Eyes
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 9:44 am

Think the Rodwell link is highly speculative - paying top dollar goes against everything Wenger believes in. Getting Distin on the cheap sounds much more plausible and I could see that one happening, which would be very bad business for us considering his form this season.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24035

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 09 Mar 2011, 10:48 am

hairy cataract wrote:Think the Rodwell link is highly speculative - paying top dollar goes against everything Wenger believes in. Getting Distin on the cheap sounds much more plausible and I could see that one happening, which would be very bad business for us considering his form this season.

True, but on the other hand, he's 33. How long will his legs be able to keep up with the Prem's quicker players?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19699
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 13 Mar 2011, 6:15 am

been at it with one of Rooney's hookers
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Mon 30 May 2011, 1:30 pm

Rumours again on twitter from sports journos that SAF is trying again for Rodders Mad
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 30 May 2011, 1:38 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Rumours again on twitter from sports journos that SAF is trying again for Rodders Mad

Most papers saying Chelsea or Man City are likely to get him.

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan on Mon 30 May 2011, 1:43 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Rumours again on twitter from sports journos that SAF is trying again for Rodders Mad

They can have him

i've heard rumours (from the person that told me about Vaughan going ) we're in for Hargreaves and Wellbeck.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

View user profile http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 30 May 2011, 1:59 pm

Bryan wrote:

They can have him

i've heard rumours (from the person that told me about Vaughan going ) we're in for Hargreaves and Wellbeck.

I would take Wellbeck in a second but would only offer Hargreaves a pay as you play deal if anything.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Mon 30 May 2011, 2:00 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Bryan wrote:

They can have him

I would take Wellbeck in a second but would only offer Hargreaves a pay as you play deal if anything.

Hargreaves is passed it, it would be a massive risk to have him. Even on PAYP deal, it just wouldn't make sense.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Mon 30 May 2011, 3:58 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Bryan wrote:

They can have him

I second that. Actually, don't even bother with Hargreaves, why would he all of a sudden be injury free?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68394

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 9:11 am

Manchester United have cooled their interest in Everton's Jack Rodwell and so cast the Goodison future of Leighton Baines into further doubt. United agreed a £25m deal in principle for Rodwell in January but have had a change of heart because of his injury problems and indifferent form.
Chelsea and Manchester United still have an interest in the England under-21 international. But without the money raised by selling Rodwell, Moyes will have to cash in on other assets to revamp Everton's squad.
Left-back Baines is wanted by Arsenal and Manchester City and Moyes has been told by the board of cash-strapped Everton that he will have to sell to buy again this summer.
Moyes is keen on signing Blackpool captain Charlie Adam - and the Scotland international's agent is Moyes' brother, Kenny.
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 4:23 pm

Moyes is keen on signing Blackpool captain Charlie Adam - and the Scotland international's agent is Moyes' brother, Kenny..

That's new info for me. DM's brother an agent?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6336
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 6:54 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Moyes is keen on signing Blackpool captain Charlie Adam - and the Scotland international's agent is Moyes' brother, Kenny..

he is his agent, never been severely publicised. Obviously conflict of interest is not an agent's issue, then again what is?

Also Rodders play 90mins for England U-21

Anyone got any odds on the U21 tournament?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 7:03 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Moyes is keen on signing Blackpool captain Charlie Adam - and the Scotland international's agent is Moyes' brother, Kenny..

he is his agent, never been severely publicised. Obviously conflict of interest is not an agent's issue, then again what is?

Jack Rodwell - Beckenbauer in err Sky Blue - Page 13 U21odd10
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 7:07 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Cheers Pete

2nd favourites then, if we loose the final and Rodders plays all games, we'll get £25m+
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 7:17 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Cheers Pete

2nd favourites then, if we loose the final and Rodders plays all games, we'll get £25m+

There is a good chance that he could put himself in the shop window this summer but on the other hand he could have a shocker and lose all interest in him.

I think that the U21s should have a good tournament with their squad, even without Wiltshire, Carroll and Richards. The match against Spain should be intersting though.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 12 Jun 2011, 7:05 am

From NOTW:

Harry speeds after hot Rod Jack

Spurs boss Redknapp wants to make Everton youngster his first big signing of the summer
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Sun 12 Jun 2011, 8:44 pm

not in the under 21's team tonight
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sun 12 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

Albert wrote:not in the under 21's team tonight

Good comment on the BBC:

From Anon, Text 81111: "It's a real shame that Pearce hasn't opted for his best team in this match. Rodwell is the best player in the side and to leave him out of the game is criminal. Why is it that just because an individual club value a player so much (eg Henderson) the national teams follow suit instantly. Carroll was put straight in the England team following his big move, however before the move was not on the cards. Now Pearce seems to value Henderson higher than Rodwell based on a move? 2 years ago Rodwell was excellent in this tournament so why is he left out of such a key game?"
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 13 Jun 2011, 8:41 am

Chelsea are ready to rival Tottenham in their interest in Everton midfielder Jack Rodwell. Manchester City and Manchester United are also fans of the 20-year-old England Under 21 star, but are unsure about making an offer in this window.

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich wants to bring in exciting young talent alongside experienced targets such as Luka Modric. Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp wants a defender who can play in midfield and Rodwell, who started at centre half, fits the bill.
Everton need money if they are to give David Moyes any semblance of a chance of breaking into the top five again next season and selling Rodwell, who is valued at £25million, represents their best chance.

Valencia have been linked with Mikel Arteta and Arsenal like Leighton Baines and Phil Jagielka but Everton would want close to £20m each for their England defenders - making a deal unlikely. Chelsea have targeted other youngsters such as Anderlecht's Romelu Lukaku, Ajax's Christian Eriksen and Kevin de Bruyne of Genk. Spurs also still want Scott Parker and Brazilian starlet Damiao of Internacional.
Super
Super

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next