18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 8:45 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Only days after landing Steven Pienaar, Tottenham are looking to continue their raid on Everton by preparing a fresh bid for captain Phil Neville.
Full story: Daily Mirror
whoever mugged 'Arry can they please go back & finish the fucker off
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34468
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  BB on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 12:09 pm

I'd be up for selling Neville for a good price.

What's he worth? His captaincy has to be worth a figure even if his playing skills aren't huge.

£4m ?
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 12:28 pm

BB wrote:I'd be up for selling Neville for a good price.

What's he worth? His captaincy has to be worth a figure even if his playing skills aren't huge.

£4m ?

he's our captain, plays every week, doesn't have a shit attitude and is tied into a decent length contract still so I think 4mill should be the least we should expect. if he's shit, well they shouldn't fucking buy him then. If Neville is happy to go you've got to imagine he'd be expecting to be in the starting 11 regularly otherwise why move?
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Age : 38
Location : The Gate
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  hairy cataract on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 12:35 pm

Neville wouldn't want to go to Spurs. His family, including his disabled daughter, is settled in the north west, he's club captain and incredibly well-thought of at his present club.

If he did choose to go, it would tell you an awful lot about the state of Everton FC. How bad a state would we be in for him of all people to jump ship? Moyes would soon follow, that's for sure.

Anyway, it won't happen.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24023
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  BB on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 12:36 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:
BB wrote:I'd be up for selling Neville for a good price.

What's he worth? His captaincy has to be worth a figure even if his playing skills aren't huge.

£4m ?

he's our captain, plays every week, doesn't have a shit attitude and is tied into a decent length contract still so I think 4mill should be the least we should expect. if he's shit, well they shouldn't fucking buy him then. If Neville is happy to go you've got to imagine he'd be expecting to be in the starting 11 regularly otherwise why move?

Sorry, did I say £4m? Make that £40m Very Happy

Seriously though, and captain or not, he's 34, and is too slow to be keeping a first team place here as a Right Back. I've noticed him wanting more than once this season, and last week was no exception where he failed to get involved during one of the goals. I think he'll be playing in Orange soon. Wink
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Valentino Blue on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 12:48 pm

BB wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:
BB wrote:I'd be up for selling Neville for a good price.

What's he worth? His captaincy has to be worth a figure even if his playing skills aren't huge.

£4m ?

he's our captain, plays every week, doesn't have a shit attitude and is tied into a decent length contract still so I think 4mill should be the least we should expect. if he's shit, well they shouldn't fucking buy him then. If Neville is happy to go you've got to imagine he'd be expecting to be in the starting 11 regularly otherwise why move?

Sorry, did I say £4m? Make that £40m Very Happy

Seriously though, and captain or not, he's 34, and is too slow to be keeping a first team place here as a Right Back. I've noticed him wanting more than once this season, and last week was no exception where he failed to get involved during one of the goals. I think he'll be playing in Orange soon. Wink

as I say if he's too old and shit for us then he's way too old and shit for a team like spurs who are looking to finish top four again.

can't see him going anywhere, he'll finish his playing career here and become a coach like Stubbs did.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Age : 38
Location : The Gate
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  BB on Tue 25 Jan 2011, 12:52 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:
BB wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:
BB wrote:I'd be up for selling Neville for a good price.

What's he worth? His captaincy has to be worth a figure even if his playing skills aren't huge.

£4m ?

he's our captain, plays every week, doesn't have a shit attitude and is tied into a decent length contract still so I think 4mill should be the least we should expect. if he's shit, well they shouldn't fucking buy him then. If Neville is happy to go you've got to imagine he'd be expecting to be in the starting 11 regularly otherwise why move?

Sorry, did I say £4m? Make that £40m Very Happy

Seriously though, and captain or not, he's 34, and is too slow to be keeping a first team place here as a Right Back. I've noticed him wanting more than once this season, and last week was no exception where he failed to get involved during one of the goals. I think he'll be playing in Orange soon. Wink

as I say if he's too old and shit for us then he's way too old and shit for a team like spurs who are looking to finish top four again.

can't see him going anywhere, he'll finish his playing career here and become a coach like Stubbs did.

I don't think Spurs will get top 4 to be honest. They're not good enough imo. They're doing well because everyone else is doing badly, in Villa, Liverpool, and ourselves, not to mention Fulham or Birmingham too.

Unless Chelsea continue to drop points, Spurs will be looking at 5th at best I think.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Bluey on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 10:48 am

Front page of Kipper he will not be here next week...
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 54
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 10:51 am

would be suprised if he left
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Armchair on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 10:57 am

He'd be a good signing for someone at £2-3m but hard to see Moyes letting him go for that sort of money (a decent replacement would cost more) and hard to see anyone paying more than that.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19666
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Diamond on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 11:06 am

cant see him living to be honest especially to a London club.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Age : 46
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 11:08 am

Diamond wrote:cant see him living to be honest especially to a London club.

affraid that's a bit strong. It's only football mate.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24023
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 11:20 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:He'd be a good signing for someone at £2-3m but hard to see Moyes letting him go for that sort of money (a decent replacement would cost more) and hard to see anyone paying more than that.
but if we're as skint as it seems it's 2-3M in the pot & probably another 2M per annum saved on salary..

..this season is fucked so it doesn't matter that we play Hibbo at RB... we really shouldn't go down & we're sure as hell not going to win anything.

..next season Pip will be 76 years old so probably won't figure anyway...


I don't really like it, but if we're completely broke; and taking a long cold look at it, it probably makes sense..
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34468
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Diamond on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 11:24 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Diamond wrote:cant see him living to be honest especially to a London club.

affraid that's a bit strong. It's only football mate.


haha sorry been a long night, my spelling gets worse than normal when I am tired
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Age : 46
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 11:47 am

THey can have Nev for $ mill if we can have Naughton for 3
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Age : 953
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Diamond on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 11:48 am

mindyerho? wrote:THey can have Nev for $ mill if we can have Naughton for 3


Jez I forgot about that Naughton, bet he wished he came here...not played much for them has he?
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Age : 46
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 12:02 pm

Diamond wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:THey can have Nev for $ mill if we can have Naughton for 3


Jez I forgot about that Naughton, bet he wished he came here...not played much for them has he?

Has he not just gone out on loan somewhere?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 12:07 pm

I caught him on an MOTD when we were in UK last week. Leicester? He was ace anyway. Think Coleman with Baines' footwork.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Age : 953
Location : 3rd floor, or 2nd to you...
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Bluey on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 12:20 pm

mindyerho? wrote:I caught him on an MOTD when we were in UK last week. Leicester? He was ace anyway. Think Coleman with Baines' footwork.

I saw that too, he was at fault for one of the goals when he was caught in possession. I though he looked way off first team for a premier league team but showed a lot of potential I thought.

As for Neville going part of me thinks we need his leadership right now as Arteta and Cahill really do not fill his shoes when they take the armband. But if it a straight swap deal for Kranjcar then that would not be too bad. If it Neville + £3m for Kranjcar we've been turned over by spurs. 2 first teamers for a sub? Also I fear we'll end up with Hibbo back in the first team.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Age : 54
Location : Shropshire
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Armchair on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 12:46 pm

Didn't Kyle Walker leave Spuds...was it for Villa?

They really know how to fuck up the careers of promising young players don't they?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19666
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 12:55 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Didn't Kyle Walker leave Spuds...was it for Villa?

They really know how to fuck up the careers of promising young players don't they?

yeah at Villa, he was on loan at QPR for the start of the season
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Age : 40
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  BB on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 2:54 pm

I wonder if we are on the verge of administration? Shocked

Why else would we let all these players go out?
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Sack the Juggler on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 3:09 pm

BB wrote:I wonder if we are on the verge of administration? Shocked

Why else would we let all these players go out?

that's the rumour flying around mate, but its just a rumour, remember the accuracy of wild guesses can go up and well as down

_________________
I was made to Panda you baby....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25848
Age : 55
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Valentino Blue on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 3:27 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
BB wrote:I wonder if we are on the verge of administration? Shocked

Why else would we let all these players go out?

that's the rumour flying around mate, but its just a rumour, remember the accuracy of wild guesses can go up and well as down

don't buy it for a second to be honest, we'd have heard about players not being paid and be trying to offload anyone of any real value if that was the case, how long did we know about leeds / pompey etc's problems before they went into administration. we've just signed two young players up to improved contracts as well one when he was nowhere near the end of his previous contract.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Age : 38
Location : The Gate
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  BB on Wed 26 Jan 2011, 4:15 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
BB wrote:I wonder if we are on the verge of administration? Shocked

Why else would we let all these players go out?

that's the rumour flying around mate, but its just a rumour, remember the accuracy of wild guesses can go up and well as down

Wow. I didn't know of any rumour. The thought just came to me. It just seems abnormal, even for Everton, to be clearing out the cupboards and not doing any shopping to balance. I think our squad numbers were already well below the 25 allowed at the start of the season. We've since lost a few more.

Fingers crossed.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Age : 51
Registration date : 2010-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic - Page 6 Empty Re: 18: Phil Neville - ex Captain Fantastic

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum