606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

+43
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Yankthattoffee
Tonteau
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Goodison_Gringo
Armchair
Gravy & Chips
Super
Sack the Juggler
Mr_Ben
RhinoJagz
Lumper
SouthernSmugToffee
The President
Dixie Land
toffee_pies
Diamond
El Pablo
BB
notepad
Valentino Blue
Sheep Flavour
Statman
Albert
Bryan
Gazbow
My other LB is a Ferrari
Brummie No Mates
Bluey
The Griffin
Top Balcony Blue
tadpole
Luka Perfect
duncs pigeons
He's Our Tater Not Yours
callmebubbles
Michael Crosby S74
paul
Mick-J-
Blue gazza
detroitblue
47 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 14 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 07 Oct 2014, 5:32 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
POLLYANNA wrote:Everton defender Sylvain Distin has apparently been absent from training for the past 10 days, according to our sources.

The Frenchman has been replaced at the back by young England international John Stones in recent games, and has apparently not been attending Finch Farm training sessions with the rest of the first team squad for some time.

Unconfirmed reports suggest that Distin was among those singled out for criticism by Roberto Martinez after the defeat to Swansea in the League Cup last month and has taken it badly, which has led to him being told to “take some time out.”

The last thing Everton need at the moment is disharmony in the changing rooms, with the desperation to find form increasing with each game.

I haven't checked my facts on this, but wasn't he replaced near the end of one game at GP with a tweek on some muscle or other, and has been nursing it ever since?
Doesn't sound like a RM tactic to me.
he's showing on the injuries list - but with an "unknown" injury and an "unknown" time for recovery - I reckon his missus found him in his milkman outfit again
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 07 Oct 2014, 6:07 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
POLLYANNA wrote:Everton defender Sylvain Distin has apparently been absent from training for the past 10 days, according to our sources.

The Frenchman has been replaced at the back by young England international John Stones in recent games, and has apparently not been attending Finch Farm training sessions with the rest of the first team squad for some time.

Unconfirmed reports suggest that Distin was among those singled out for criticism by Roberto Martinez after the defeat to Swansea in the League Cup last month and has taken it badly, which has led to him being told to “take some time out.”

The last thing Everton need at the moment is disharmony in the changing rooms, with the desperation to find form increasing with each game.

I haven't checked my facts on this, but wasn't he replaced near the end of one game at GP with a tweek on some muscle or other, and has been nursing it ever since?
Doesn't sound like a RM tactic to me.
he's showing on the injuries list - but with an "unknown" injury and an "unknown" time for recovery - I reckon his missus found him in his milkman outfit again

A ladies night has been cancelled, Distin was due to attend, cancelled till December with another Everton player to be guest of honour not Distin,
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10590
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 05 Nov 2014, 12:15 pm

Sylvain Distin has been told he either plays or watches from the stands. Everton boss Roberto Martinez insists the veteran centre-half can no longer be used as a sub because it would do him no good. With John Stones and Antolin Alcaraz injured, Distin, 36, will face French side Lille in the Europa League tomorrow.

But, after that, Martinez said: "If he is not going to start, then he is not going to be on the bench. I don't think Sylvain, at his age, would benefit from getting changed, warming up and coming on. Sylvain is not someone I want to use on the bench at the age of 36. But he is still a very important player for us."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38073
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Wed 05 Nov 2014, 12:18 pm

Absolute fucking bullshit...

Cutting his nose off to spite his face there. Fucking ridiculous statement that makes him look like a tit.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 05 Nov 2014, 1:02 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Absolute fucking bullshit...

Cutting his nose off to spite his face there.  Fucking ridiculous statement that makes him look like a tit.
Whose nose. RM or Dizzie?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 05 Nov 2014, 1:09 pm

I agree mate... Robbie is making me nervous.. it's him who bought a crock of knackered shit in Alcopops, sold a promising player in Duffy & has now seemingly alienated Dizzy... leaving us with only 2 centre backs to fight in the prem & Euro / domestic cups... one who is a youngster & now injured.

Just WTF are we supposed to do at CB now... play Barry or Besic there...FFS !

The manager is responsible to ensure we have adequate player cover for one injury & to keep the dressing room in harmony...

he is indeed beginning to represent a tit

Number of posts : 40804
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 05 Nov 2014, 1:42 pm

Odd.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 05 Nov 2014, 1:44 pm

Super wrote:Sylvain Distin has been told he either plays or watches from the stands. Everton boss Roberto Martinez insists the veteran centre-half can no longer be used as a sub because it would do him no good. With John Stones and Antolin Alcaraz injured, Distin, 36, will face French side Lille in the Europa League tomorrow.

But, after that, Martinez said: "If he is not going to start, then he is not going to be on the bench.  I don't think Sylvain, at his age, would benefit from getting changed, warming up and coming on.  Sylvain is not someone I want to use on the bench at the age of 36.  But he is still a very important player for us."
scratch If so, why even bother having him on the books? There must be more behind this story than what's out in the open.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74301

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 05 Nov 2014, 1:51 pm

SEFTON wrote:Everton defender Sylvain Distin has apparently been absent from training for the past 10 days, according to our sources.

IMWT. I'm inclined to believe the "Dizzie's fallen out of love with footy" scenario.
After the Lille game, I thought he'd be ready to move on, but he hasn't featured since, and you have to question Dizzie's mood. Is he willing to fight for his place, or is he just over it all?
I don't think Duffy is up to Premiership level. Stones, Jags, Dizzie and Alcaraz seems a reasonable amount of cover for 2 slots. We've just been very unlucky that 2 of them have been out at any one time.
In Hibbert we trust!
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 05 Nov 2014, 3:07 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:Absolute fucking bullshit...

Cutting his nose off to spite his face there.  Fucking ridiculous statement that makes him look like a tit.

Ditto.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 05 Nov 2014, 3:36 pm

Aprt from it being a nonsense statement, he should be more concerned about what benefits the team, not any individual. I'd have thought having a back-up centre back on the bench would be more beneficial than having none.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 05 Nov 2014, 3:50 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Aprt from it being a nonsense statement, he should be more concerned about what benefits the team, not any individual. I'd have thought having a back-up centre back on the bench would be more beneficial than having none.
Difficult to understand what he really meant in the statement, unless the Catalan/English translation got mashed up.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 05 Nov 2014, 9:25 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:Aprt from it being a nonsense statement, he should be more concerned about what benefits the team, not any individual. I'd have thought having a back-up centre back on the bench would be more beneficial than having none.
Difficult to understand what he really meant in the statement, unless the Catalan/English translation got mashed up.

Maybe Barry is moving back there. He was okay at the weekend, and that allows Besic and Mac to be the DMs
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:53 am

mindyerho? wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Maybe Barry is moving back there. He was okay at the weekend, and that allows Besic and Mac to be the DMs

Hibbert has played their before ?

SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:13 am

Would rather see us give Browning some experience than play a makeshift centre half. That's if Distin isn't playing.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:19 am

Tonteau wrote:Would rather see us give Browning some experience than play a makeshift centre half. That's if Distin isn't playing.
I think Dizzie will play.
RM is somehow trying to get the best out of him. Possibly.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:36 am

I reckon I could do a job at centre back, if called upon. It's not hard is it? You just keep the line, lead with your elbow and hoof the ball upfield occasionally. If we defend deep I won't even have to do too much running.

Piece of fucking piss. I'm free Mr Martinez!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25817

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:22 am

hairberto cataract wrote:I reckon I could do a job at centre back, if called upon. It's not hard is it?  You just keep the line, lead with your elbow and hoof the ball upfield occasionally.  If we defend deep I won't even have to do too much running.

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 14 295966
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:44 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:I reckon I could do a job at centre back, if called upon. It's not hard is it?  You just keep the line, lead with your elbow and hoof the ball upfield occasionally.  If we defend deep I won't even have to do too much running.

you're too young to get into a Martinez team mate Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 06 Nov 2014, 1:14 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

And as far as I know you never played a gig in Wigan.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74301

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 06 Nov 2014, 3:14 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

And as far as I know you never played a gig in Wigan.

That's a good point. We signed Wigan's number 1, 2, 3 and 4 when Martinez first joined. Gary Caldwell is next.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Thu 06 Nov 2014, 4:55 pm

Rhino? Is that you?
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 06 Nov 2014, 5:01 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:

Rhino? Is that you?

Can't see Martinez going for the aimless 'lump it down the left hand side' EVERY single time.

We used to have a rule in Pro Evo Soccer (going back a bit) which was that whenever David Unsworth had the ball he had to hoof it down the line. It was more effective in the game than it was in real life.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:07 pm

a few rumours today that Dizzy could be off to Wet Spam on a free transfer...

..would seem a bit daft given our lack of cover... but wouldn't surprise me with Bobby's transfer track record.. and there does seem t be a rift there as well between manager & player

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:35 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:a few rumours today that Dizzy could be off to Wet Spam on a free transfer...

..would seem a bit daft given our lack of cover... but wouldn't surprise me with Bobby's transfer track record.. and there does seem t be a rift there as well between manager & player

Presume he'd only leave if he had decent replacement in mind. Must be a Wigan defender up to nothing.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next