15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 5:22 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:says in The Times today, Distin is very close to signing a 1 year deal and finish his career at EFC.

Also said yesterday Moyes has rocketed Drenthe over his lack of defensive duties, apparently Osman also rocketed him during the game.
And rightly so, he's borderline lazy when it comes to defending. Him to even attempting to close down Taylor who then went on to score the 2-0 goal against us at the Barcodes stand out in that regard. Makes you realize why he didn't get that much playing time at Real.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68396
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 26 Nov 2011, 8:31 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:says in The Times today, Distin is very close to signing a 1 year deal and finish his career at EFC.

Also said yesterday Moyes has rocketed Drenthe over his lack of defensive duties, apparently Osman also rocketed him during the game.
And rightly so, he's borderline lazy when it comes to defending. Him to even attempting to close down Taylor who then went on to score the 2-0 goal against us at the Barcodes stand out in that regard. Makes you realize why he didn't get that much playing time at Real.
Is that why Drench was injured today.
DM's dropped his hairdryer on his foot?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6337
Age : 66
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Super on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 2:41 pm

Close to signing a new deal according to the Echo today.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Armchair on Mon 14 May 2012, 4:32 pm

He must be worth a new one year deal surely? Still quick, strong in the air, good feet and can cover at LB. Hopefully Distin won't go shopping for a longer/more lucrative contract elsewhere.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Tonteau on Mon 14 May 2012, 4:36 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:He must be worth a new one year deal surely? Still quick, strong in the air, good feet and can cover at LB. Hopefully Distin won't go shopping for a longer/more lucrative contract elsewhere.

Think of what we spend on players. Who are we going to get who's as good as Distin for that kind of money? Spurs or Arsenal would snap him up in an instant.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Dixie Land on Mon 14 May 2012, 5:12 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:He must be worth a new one year deal surely? Still quick, strong in the air, good feet and can cover at LB. Hopefully Distin won't go shopping for a longer/more lucrative contract elsewhere.

Think of what we spend on players. Who are we going to get who's as good as Distin for that kind of money? Spurs or Arsenal would snap him up in an instant.

I would think that he is worth another 2 or 3 year contract. He offers good cover at centre half and left back. He can even pressurise Jagileka and Heitinga for a starting place meaning that they have to stay top of their game. Good player and still one of our quickest players.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Age : 40
Location : Cheshire
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Tonteau on Fri 25 May 2012, 10:45 am

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/05/25/99623-31041359/

cheers cheers cheers
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  hairy cataract on Fri 25 May 2012, 10:47 am

Tonteau wrote:http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/sport/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2012/05/25/99623-31041359/

cheers cheers cheers

Very good news. He comes across as a top geezer too. Always does.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24035
Age : 113
Location : London
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Armchair on Fri 25 May 2012, 11:55 am

Good news Smile
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Tonteau on Fri 25 May 2012, 1:47 pm

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2012/05/25/new-deal-for-distin cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 25 May 2012, 3:58 pm

Vert good news indeed. cheers cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68396
Age : 46
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Yankthattoffee on Tue 21 Aug 2012, 1:05 pm

He spent several minutes on the ground at the end of the game last night.
Went off, holding what seemed to be a badly hurt shoulder.
Any news?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6337
Age : 66
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 21 Aug 2012, 1:18 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:He spent several minutes on the ground at the end of the game last night.
Went off, holding what seemed to be a badly hurt shoulder.
Any news?


He has tweeted saying he landed heavily on his back and that it's not that bad. He also said it was worth it. Very Happy

_________________
Snitchy, snitchy.
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Barry Horne's Equaliser

Number of posts : 13152
Age : 41
Location : Rugby
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Sack the Juggler on Tue 21 Aug 2012, 1:27 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:He spent several minutes on the ground at the end of the game last night.
Went off, holding what seemed to be a badly hurt shoulder.
Any news?


He has tweeted saying he landed heavily on his back and that it's not that bad. He also said it was worth it. Very Happy
cheers

_________________
I was made to Panda you baby....
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25878
Age : 55
Location : Walton
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Super on Thu 15 Nov 2012, 11:08 am

Everton manager David Moyes is planning to offer veterans Phil Neville and Sylvain Distin new one-year contracts to keep them at the club.
The current deals of captain Neville, 36 in January, and Distin, 35 in a month, are due to expire in the summer.
"We are monitoring Phil's position, but if you were asking me, I'd say let's give him another year's contract and keep it going," the Scot tells the Liverpool Echo. "I'd say the same for Sylvain Distin, who is in the same position."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Age : 41
Location : Peterborough
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Armchair on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 3:43 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2258473/Evertons-Sylvain-Distin-set-reject-offers-QPR-Sunderland.html

Staying put at least until the end of the season according to the Daily Nazi.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Age : 39
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 4:20 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2258473/Evertons-Sylvain-Distin-set-reject-offers-QPR-Sunderland.html

Staying put at least until the end of the season according to the Daily Nazi.
Pretty much a non-story huh?
There must be very little transfer news for the journalists to follow.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6337
Age : 66
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  RhinoJagz on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 5:29 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2258473/Evertons-Sylvain-Distin-set-reject-offers-QPR-Sunderland.html

Staying put at least until the end of the season according to the Daily Nazi.
Pretty much a non-story huh?
There must be very little transfer news for the journalists to follow.

He's playing every week with a top 6 side, so he is going to jack it all in to go down and have a relegation scrap with 'Arrys mercenary army?

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
RhinoJagz
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26901
Age : 40
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Tonteau on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 5:46 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2258473/Evertons-Sylvain-Distin-set-reject-offers-QPR-Sunderland.html

Staying put at least until the end of the season according to the Daily Nazi.
Pretty much a non-story huh?
There must be very little transfer news for the journalists to follow.

He's playing every week with a top 6 side, so he is going to jack it all in to go down and have a relegation scrap with 'Arrys mercenary army?

If he cares about football, then no, if he cares about the wedge, then yes. I think Sylvain knows he's at a good club, playing good football and is appreciated. I'd be surprised if he left.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  RhinoJagz on Mon 07 Jan 2013, 5:47 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2258473/Evertons-Sylvain-Distin-set-reject-offers-QPR-Sunderland.html

Staying put at least until the end of the season according to the Daily Nazi.
Pretty much a non-story huh?
There must be very little transfer news for the journalists to follow.

He's playing every week with a top 6 side, so he is going to jack it all in to go down and have a relegation scrap with 'Arrys mercenary army?

If he cares about football, then no, if he cares about the wedge, then yes. I think Sylvain knows he's at a good club, playing good football and is appreciated. I'd be surprised if he left.

Also a good point made in another article about how Distin, Baines and Peinaar, all been left footers ofter excellent balance and support for each other that may not be as evident at other clubs.

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
RhinoJagz
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26901
Age : 40
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  The President on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 6:46 am

West Ham are ready to move for Everton defender Sylvain Distin, 35, which could pave the way for 23-year-old centre-half James Tomkins to join Newcastle.
Full story: talkSPORT

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Doh
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Age : 59
Location : Alagadi Cyprus
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  RhinoJagz on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:49 am

The President wrote:West Ham are ready to move for Everton defender Sylvain Distin, 35, which could pave the way for 23-year-old centre-half James Tomkins to join Newcastle.
Full story: talkSPORT

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Doh

butttttt...

However, Distin is set to sign a new contract with Everton.
Full story: the Sun

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
RhinoJagz
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26901
Age : 40
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:55 pm

Everton defender Sylvain Distin signs one-year contract extension

The Everton defender Sylvain Distin has signed a new one-year contract extension which keeps him at Goodison Park until the summer of 2014.

The 35-year-old's existing deal expired this summer but the manager David Moyes was always confident of extending his stay.

Distin has been a key figure in central defence since signing from Portsmouth in 2005, with Moyes even utilising him at left-back on the rare occasions when Leighton Baines has been injured.

He has appeared in all but three Premier League matches this season and his partnership with Phil Jagielka is the manager's preferred first choice. Jagielka and fellow defender Seamus Coleman also recently signed new, long-term deals.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/24/sylvain-distain-everton-contract-extension
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490
Age : 60
Location : between tax havens
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Tonteau on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 5:59 pm

cheers cheers
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Age : 112
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Gravy & Chips on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 7:27 pm

That'll do for me.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Age : 46
Location : Walton (not the nick)
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

15: Sylvain Distin - Monster  - Page 11 Empty Re: 15: Sylvain Distin - Monster

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum