606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

21: Leon Osman - The Joker

+35
Tonteau
Cahill the Great
Yankthattoffee
Hinchcliffe Corner
Lumper
Made 4 Gwladys
SouthernSmugToffee
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Mr_Ben
The President
Armchair
VenezuelaBlue
Da Judge
Statman
fatboblatch
Blue gazza
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
ToffeeDan
Bryan
RhinoJagz
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Valentino Blue
Dixie Land
Diamond
Helenqu
Albert
toffee_pies
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
Gazbow
Bluey
Gravy & Chips
callmebubbles
Sack the Juggler
39 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

21: Leon Osman - The Joker - Page 7 Empty Re: 21: Leon Osman - The Joker

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:48 am

The President wrote:Tottenham are ready to approach Everton midfielder Leon Osman, 31, following the breakdown of contract talks between the England international and the Toffees.
Full story: Metro
Pienaar Mk II.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74368
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:00 pm

The President wrote:Tottenham are ready to approach Everton midfielder Leon Osman, 31, following the breakdown of contract talks between the England international and the Toffees.
Full story: Metro
straight swap for Defoe would do me

Number of posts : 40856

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:06 pm

Why would he go to Spurs and warm the bench for the next two years??
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 12 Apr 2013, 1:16 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Why would he go to Spurs and warm the bench for the next two years??
£? Apart from that reason, I don't see one. Pienaar might want to have a quick talk with Ossie about it all.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Fri 12 Apr 2013, 3:55 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Why would he go to Spurs and warm the bench for the next two years??
£? Apart from that reason, I don't see one. Pienaar might want to have a quick talk with Ossie about it all.

Just paper talk.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 24 May 2013, 9:40 am

Signed a new contract until June 2015.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38095
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 05 Apr 2014, 4:37 pm

Awesome....
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/04/leon-osman-everton-arsenal-champions-league

There are now two impressively bold young managers on Merseyside, with Brendan Rodgers surpassing all expectations by challenging for the title in his second season at Anfield, and if Everton can finish strongly enough to overtake Arsenal they will both graduate to the Champions League together.

"I'm sure that would be great for the area but I'm only concerned about us," Osman says. "Ask any Evertonian. We don't really care about the team across the park."  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:34 pm

Ossie's shiner and stitches:

https://twitter.com/Everton/status/452843388585263105/photo/1

SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 27 Jun 2014, 6:37 pm

Everton FC will face Portuguese giants Porto for Leon Osman’s testimonial game at Goodison in August.

The clash against the Champions League regulars on Sunday August 3 (4pm KO) will be the only home fixture of the Blues pre-season.

Roberto Martinez’s men will also take on Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park on Tuesday July 22 (7.45pm KO) along with Leicester City in Bangkok on Sunday July 27.

Osman’s testimonial will honour the midfielder’s decade of first-team football at Goodison and a footballing lifetime with the Blues, having progressed through the club's famous academy.

The 33-year-old joined Everton at youth level and was a member of the Toffees' 1998 FA Youth Cup-winning side - alongside fellow club-stalwart Tony Hibbert - but his dreams of becoming a professional footballer were almost shattered in 2001 when he suffered a serious knee injury.

That injury kept him out of action for almost a year before he forced his way into David Moyes' first-team plans for the first time as a sub against Spurs in January 2003.

Loan spells at Carlisle United and Derby County followed before his first start for Everton in May 2004 at Wolves - scoring his first goal for the club after just three minutes.

A decade and almost 400 games on and the veteran, who has two England caps, is thrilled at the prospect of a testimonial game.

He said: “To get a leading team from a top European country to come over and play is great news. The fans will get to see some top European players coming to Goodison and hopefully people come to watch them and ourselves.

“It feels very weird (having a testimonial). The attention is all on you. I have pretty much gone through my career without asking for attention so it will be strange knowing I will be walking on to the pitch and everyone is going to be pointing at me. But it’s a great honour to get a testimonial, and I will certainly be enjoying the day.”

The game will also raise funds for charities close to Osman's heart, The Make A Wish Foundation and Claire House.

“There are two charities who are involved with my testimonial year,” he added. “They are Make A Wish - which provides a wish for terminally ill children and their families - and Claire House, which is an important local charity.

“They are charities I am well aware of and have been connected to during my life, so to be able to help them and give a little back is something I’m pleased about.”

Ticket information for the games against Porto and Tranmere Rovers will be announced in due course.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-face-porto-leon-7339317

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 28 Oct 2014, 10:40 pm

Osmans book being serialised by Greg O Keefe. He's getting slaughtered on twitter (as usual) after making a less the favorable comment about Cahill.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6841
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 29 Oct 2014, 1:40 am

Lumper wrote:Osmans book being serialised by Greg O Keefe. He's getting slaughtered on twitter (as usual) after making a less the favorable comment about Cahill.
Well, I must have been one of many who thought Cahill was brought to ease the crowd's reaction to DM's farewell. DM must have been unsure of the reaction he would get. There seemed to be much ill feeling about the way he was skulking (?) off, and TC was lined up to follow DM onto the field, so as there would be applause as a final noise rather than boos.
I hope Ossie hasn't dredged up some mud for people to sling around.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Wed 29 Oct 2014, 8:42 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Lumper wrote:Osmans book being serialised by Greg O Keefe. He's getting slaughtered on twitter (as usual) after making a less the favorable comment about Cahill.
Well, I must have been one of many who thought Cahill was brought to ease the crowd's reaction to DM's farewell. DM must have been unsure of the reaction he would get. There seemed to be much ill feeling about the way he was skulking (?) off, and TC was lined up to follow DM onto the field, so as there would be applause as a final noise rather than boos.
I hope Ossie hasn't dredged up some mud for people to sling around.

There's been a total over reaction to what was said. The amount of abuse that some of our own players receive is embarrassing. Osman has become the new punch bag since Neville retired. I fully support people right to their opinion, I just think they're over the top and it doesn't benefit the team.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6841
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Wed 29 Oct 2014, 4:09 pm

What exactly was said?

Edit: Never mind, I've found it, can't see what the fuss is about.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 29 Oct 2014, 4:12 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:What exactly was said?

It's the 33 year-old's comments on Tim Cahill that have been the biggest topic of conversation among supporters, though, with Osman describing his surprise when the Australian appeared on the pitch for the send-off of Moyes and Phil Neville in May last year.

Evertonians had been denied the opportunity to say goodbye to the Australian fan favourite before he signed for New York Red Bull the previous July but he flew in for the duo's guard of honour and joined them on the Goodison turf for the celebrations.

"Our manager who has been there for 11 years (came out on to the pitch after Phil Neville who was retiring)," Osman writes. "That should have been it but who comes on the pitch last? Tim Cahill! I just couldn't believe it. It was incredible.

"Tim should have declined the offer in my opinion. He'd been unbelievable for Everton, one of the best signings ever, but that was Nev and Moyesy's moment and not his."

And ditto Lumper.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 29 Oct 2014, 8:38 pm

Tonteau wrote:

It's the 33 year-old's comments on Tim Cahill that have been the biggest topic of conversation among supporters, though, with Osman describing his surprise when the Australian appeared on the pitch for the send-off of Moyes and Phil Neville in May last year.

Evertonians had been denied the opportunity to say goodbye to the Australian fan favourite before he signed for New York Red Bull the previous July but he flew in for the duo's guard of honour and joined them on the Goodison turf for the celebrations.

"Our manager who has been there for 11 years (came out on to the pitch after Phil Neville who was retiring)," Osman writes. "That should have been it but who comes on the pitch last? Tim Cahill! I just couldn't believe it. It was incredible.

"Tim should have declined the offer in my opinion. He'd been unbelievable for Everton, one of the best signings ever, but that was Nev and Moyesy's moment and not his."

And ditto Lumper.
I'm still inclined to believe that DM wanted someone to follow him in case he was booed.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 29 Oct 2014, 9:08 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

And ditto Lumper.

I don't see a problem with Tim Cahill coming on the pitch for a farewell as he never got to say goodbye. In the eyes of Evertonians he will always be remembered more fondly than both Phil Neville and David Moyes who have both conducted themselves as prats since they left Everton!
I'm still inclined to believe that DM wanted someone to follow him in case he was booed.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 03 Nov 2014, 10:56 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/leon-osman-real-fresh-prince-4557609

Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15978
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:02 am

LEON OSMAN is set to prolong his association with boyhood club Everton after agreeing a new one-year contract.

The deal will keep the midfielder at Goodison Park until the end of the 2015-16 season and serves as a reflection of his enduring importance to Everton.

Osman, 33, has spent his entire career with the Toffees apart from loan spells at Carlisle and Derby County and is closing in on his 400th appearance for the club.

He is hoping to start for Roberto Martinez's side against Lille tonight (8.05pm) when Everton can take a giant stride towards reaching the knock-out stages of the Europa League by consolidating their position at the summit of Group H.

Osman, who has won two England caps, has made nine appearances this season and enjoyed a testimonial in the summer.

Martinez believes his experience and ability remain essential to Everton's development and was keen to extend Osman's current deal which had been due to expire at the end of the season.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 06 Nov 2014, 1:21 pm

I hope his contract is reasonable since he's in essence a part time player now.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 23 Jun 2016, 7:47 am

Is joining Wigan... allegedly
been good for us...

good luck Ossie

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 23 Jun 2016, 10:10 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Is joining Wigan... allegedly
been good for us...

good luck Ossie

Sad way both Ossie & Hibbert have left the club, both served the club well-hopefully find clubs in lower league.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10599
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 07 Jul 2016, 11:43 am

Leon Osman is being targeted by Leeds as they continue to shape the squad under new boss Garry Monk. The veteran midfielder left Everton this summer after Ronald Koeman opted not to offer Osman a new contract. The 35-year-old's Goodison Park career was brought to an end after rising through Everton's youth ranks before establishing himself in the first team in the 2004/05 campaign.

Osman is keen to continue in the Premier League but, according to the Liverpool Echo, he is open to dropping into the Championship with Leeds interested. Monk has already signed Swedish striker Marcus Antonsson this summer and Kyle Bartley's also arrived on loan from his old club Swansea. And Osman could potentially join them at Elland Road with Leeds sounding him out as a summer target.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Fri 10 Feb 2017, 5:23 pm

Signing for Skem United with Tony Hibbert according to my dad.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7