606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

+48
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
toffee_pies
Hinchcliffe Corner
Yankthattoffee
WellOilBeefHooked
Blue gazza
Mr_Ben
Statman
hairy cataract
SouthernSmugToffee
Goodison_Gringo
RhinoJagz
Sack the Juggler
anticipate_the_pass
ToffeeDan
Dixie Land
Tonteau
VenezuelaBlue
Lumper
fatboblatch
notepad
Bryan
He's Our Tater Not Yours
BB
Margate Blue
The Griffin
Kilted_Toffee
Bluey
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
Valentino Blue
Top Balcony Blue
Da Judge
Albert
Gravy & Chips
callmebubbles
Brummie No Mates
Riggy
Sheep Flavour
Ol' Mother Hibbert
tadpole
Diamond
MyBlueToothBrush
52 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 10 Empty Re: 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:27 am

Now, I don't know about you, but DM has to put that into the play book.
It looked better live.
Baines takes them on the right, Hibbo on the left.
Had he have scored his first goal against the Shyte or the Mancky teams in the EPL, would we have justified a riot? The announcer was calling for fans not to come onto the pitch after he scored. Well, hey, it's on the EFC website, so we rioted!
A hat-trick for 14 was pretty tasty. Anyone have the time for the first goal? It might have beaten Saha's Wembley goal?
Great night for Hibbo. We all love a trier.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 10 Empty Re: 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

Post  anticipate_the_pass Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:37 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Now, I don't know about you, but DM has to put that into the play book.
It looked better live.
Had he have scored his first goal against the Shyte or the Mancky teams in the EPL, would we have justified a riot? The announcer was calling for fans not to come onto the pitch after he scored. Well, hey, it's on the EFC website, so we rioted!
A hat-trick for 14 was pretty tasty. Anyone have the time for the first goal? It might have beaten Saha's Wembley goal?

Sounds like a great game.
Did you invade the pitch ? affraid cheers cheers cheers
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 09 Aug 2012, 12:42 am

anticipate_the_pass wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Now, I don't know about you, but DM has to put that into the play book.
It looked better live.

Sounds like a great game.
Did you invade the pitch ? affraid cheers cheers cheers
Not from the main stand. Another game when the first half has the likely starters, and the second half becomes spot the bench warmers.
Still no Jags. What's the scoop there?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 09 Aug 2012, 1:24 am

Dixie Land wrote:2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 10 Hibbow10

Hibbert was born in Merseyside and brought up in Huyton.He is a god amongst men and scored his only ever goal against AEK Athens during his testimonial game on August the 8th 2012. The goal resulted in worldwide riots.Growing up as an Everton supporter, Hibbert joined the club as a boy.

cheers cheers cheers
That is just fantastic stuff! Awesome. I wonder how long it will remain like that on the wikipage.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Fri 14 Dec 2012, 3:03 pm

Hibbert has been struggling with a calf injury all season and Everton have now decided surgery is the best option to solve the problem, with the defender having an operation early next week.
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 25 Jun 2013, 7:44 am

Long-serving Everton defender Tony Hibbert has spoken of fulfilling his life-long dream to buy his own carp fishery.
Full story: Angling Times 
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 25 Jun 2013, 7:47 am

Wait, it gets better...there's a bideo cheers

Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:51 pm

With Coleman cementing his role as right back, and it looking increasingly unlikely that we'll get a striker in before the window closes, I think the answer lies right under our noses.

HIBBO!
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:55 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:With Coleman cementing his role as right back, and it looking increasingly unlikely that we'll get a striker in before the window closes, I think the answer lies right under our noses.

HIBBO!
Expect Man U to finally meet our £25m valuation today.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 29 Nov 2013, 9:30 am

he's in the last season of his current contract, hasn't had a game with us under Martinez and he's 32 now, do you think Boberto will extend his contract or will Hibbo walk - either to get games or because he's not offered enough to stay?

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/11/28/-hibbert-will-always-have-a-role-
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 29 Nov 2013, 3:39 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:he's in the last season of his current contract, hasn't had a game with us under Martinez and he's 32 now, do you think Boberto will extend his contract or will Hibbo walk - either to get games or because he's not offered enough to stay?

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/11/28/-hibbert-will-always-have-a-role-
I think he might move on, especially if Bobby sees Stones as the back up to Coleman.

Of course, he could reinvent himself as a striker. He'd outscore Kone for sure Very Happy 
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 29 Nov 2013, 6:01 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:he's in the last season of his current contract, hasn't had a game with us under Martinez and he's 32 now, do you think Boberto will extend his contract or will Hibbo walk - either to get games or because he's not offered enough to stay?

I think he might move on, especially if Bobby sees Stones as the back up to Coleman.

Of course, he could reinvent himself as a striker. He'd outscore Kone for sure Very Happy 
I think he'll retire at the end of his contract & go into coaching

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Fri 29 Nov 2013, 6:36 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:

Strikers coach at Tottenham?

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 29 Nov 2013, 9:01 pm

Bluejagz wrote:

Strikers coach at Tottenham?
Fishing cheers 
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 15 May 2014, 4:15 pm

Roberto Martinez has confirmed Everton are in talks with Tony Hibbert over extending his Everton career.

The veteran full-back is out of contract this summer and has made only four appearances for the Blues this term.

But Martinez has said several times this season that he’s keen to keep the 33-year-old at the Club, citing his huge influence off the field as a key factor. And with the season now over, discussions are underway.

The Blues boss told evertontv: “Tony Hibbert, we're already sitting down and we want to share how Tony feels and how that conversation is going to go because in my eyes Tony has got a lot to offer at Everton still and we need to make sure that (the talks reach) a positive outcome.

“Maybe in a couple of a key moments, he's picked up a couple of injuries that have stopped him playing more but I do value his contribution at the Club and his experience and I would love to keep a character like Tony Hibbert, who means so much to us.

“He's played such a significant role and sometimes the fans don't see that. Sometimes you can get mislead because you don't see a player playing week in and week out and you can feel that they don't have a major role in the football club.

“Tony has had a few niggles this season but in terms of his day-to-day work, he's been magnificent and I'd go as far as saying he's been paramount in keeping really strong standards in our training sessions, in making sure that the group was ready, helping out the youngsters and every time he has played he has performed well.”
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 15 May 2014, 4:22 pm

Anyone know what wages he is on?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 15 May 2014, 5:08 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:Anyone know what wages he is on?
No, but offer him a 2 year deal as (defensive) cover on decent wages. I am thinking no more than £30k/wk. Can't be too bad if he sits on the bench more or less the entire season.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 15 May 2014, 6:26 pm

Super wrote:Roberto Martinez has confirmed Everton are in talks with Tony Hibbert over extending his Everton career.

The veteran full-back is out of contract this summer and has made only four appearances for the Blues this term.

But Martinez has said several times this season that he’s keen to keep the 33-year-old at the Club, citing his huge influence off the field as a key factor. And with the season now over, discussions are underway.

The Blues boss told evertontv: “Tony Hibbert, we're already sitting down and we want to share how Tony feels and how that conversation is going to go because in my eyes Tony has got a lot to offer at Everton still and we need to make sure that (the talks reach) a positive outcome.

“Maybe in a couple of a key moments, he's picked up a couple of injuries that have stopped him playing more but I do value his contribution at the Club and his experience and I would love to keep a character like Tony Hibbert, who means so much to us.

“He's played such a significant role and sometimes the fans don't see that. Sometimes you can get mislead because you don't see a player playing week in and week out and you can feel that they don't have a major role in the football club.

“Tony has had a few niggles this season but in terms of his day-to-day work, he's been magnificent and I'd go as far as saying he's been paramount in keeping really strong standards in our training sessions, in making sure that the group was ready, helping out the youngsters and every time he has played he has performed well.”
we should keep him till he scores

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 15 May 2014, 6:46 pm

Super wrote:Roberto Martinez has confirmed Everton are in talks with Tony Hibbert over extending his Everton career.

we should keep him till he scores

I'm not sure lifetime-plus-25-years contracts are strictly legal.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 15 May 2014, 8:49 pm

Sounds like we want him to just hang around and keep everyone happy. Not sure what the going rate for a medieval court jester is?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 15 May 2014, 10:07 pm

We probably need the cover for Coleman. I know he's no world beater but he's kept plenty of wingers in his pocket over the years.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 23 Jun 2014, 8:29 am

Apparently West Brom want to sign him.

His goal scoring prowess will be missed.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 23 Jun 2014, 8:35 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Apparently West Brom want to sign him.

Makes sense to hook up with Irvine again... and he'll probably play most games where as he won't get a kick again with Robbie.

Great servant but this must be a good move for him

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 23 Jun 2014, 1:16 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Makes sense to hook up with Irvine again... and he'll probably play most games where as he won't get a kick again with Robbie.

Agree. He won't play much, if at all, and he could sign with West Brom and get a 2 or maybe even 3 year deal and prolong his career.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 23 Jun 2014, 1:17 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Agree. He won't play much, if at all, and he could sign with West Brom and get a 2 or maybe even 3 year deal and prolong his career.

Can you imagine if he scored against us at Goodison? I reckon the whole place would errupt, he'd get a standing ovation. Would be funny though (as long we still won).
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next