22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 13 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  Diamond on Sun 30 Jan 2011, 4:03 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9371140.stm

Took his goal really well here, still dont quite understand why we loaned him
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 13 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  Albert on Sat 12 Feb 2011, 7:01 pm

£8 on the yak first goal tonight at 5/1 cheers

£40 out of my account and another £8 on cahill (tim) first goal tomorrow at 13/2
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Sat 12 Feb 2011, 7:12 pm

treblA wrote:£8 on the yak first goal tonight at 5/1 cheers

£40 out of my account and another £8 on cahill (tim) first goal tomorrow at 13/2

Nice one, I made some nice money on him scoring for us in that one good season he had.
Diamond
Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Sat 12 Feb 2011, 7:29 pm

Diamond wrote:
treblA wrote:£8 on the yak first goal tonight at 5/1 cheers

Nice one, I made some nice money on him scoring for us in that one good season he had.

he's top class when he wants it. he must get bored easy and lose motivation.
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Sat 12 Feb 2011, 8:24 pm

Don't really understand why we sent him on loan, but if he keeps scoring and gets fit I'd hope that we keep him rather than sell.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3689
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Sat 12 Feb 2011, 8:41 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Don't really understand why we sent him on loan, but if he keeps scoring and gets fit I'd hope that we keep him rather than sell.

Unless there is some fall out between him and moyes I cant see him being sold unless we get a real good offer as we wont be able to replace him..no point selling him for 3 or 4 million when will wont get anything better
Diamond
Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert on Sat 12 Feb 2011, 10:12 pm

Diamond wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:Don't really understand why we sent him on loan, but if he keeps scoring and gets fit I'd hope that we keep him rather than sell.

Unless there is some fall out between him and moyes I cant see him being sold unless we get a real good offer as we wont be able to replace him..no point selling him for 3 or 4 million when will wont get anything better

well its 3 or 4 million in the bank plus a 2 million p.a. saving on wages
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Sat 12 Feb 2011, 10:34 pm

treblA wrote:
Diamond wrote:

yeh but thats the ting, probably get eaten up by the banks. would rather have the player.
Diamond
Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Sat 12 Feb 2011, 10:36 pm

Diamond wrote:
treblA wrote:
Diamond wrote:

yeh but thats the ting, probably get eaten up by the banks. would rather have the player.

But we could buy two other 35 year olds for that!

Number of posts : 13152
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sun 13 Feb 2011, 11:08 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Diamond wrote:
treblA wrote:
Diamond wrote:

But we could buy two other 35 year olds for that!
or two Nigerian 24 year olds Very Happy
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34502

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 13 Feb 2011, 2:42 pm

BRING BACK THE YAK!!!
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6379
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Sun 13 Feb 2011, 9:57 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:BRING BACK THE YAK!!!

He wouldn't get a place in the starting 11 whilst Vic is fit.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36926
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Mon 14 Feb 2011, 12:05 am

Super wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:BRING BACK THE YAK!!!

He wouldn't get a place in the starting 11 whilst Vic is fit.

Should you have followed that with a Wink or a Rolling Eyes
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sat 19 Feb 2011, 12:34 pm

Just saw his goal for Leicester last week.

BRING BACK THE YAK!!
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 7:38 am

Everton striker Yakubu wants to sign a permanent deal at Leicester City if they are promoted to the Premier League.
Full story: Daily Mirror
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19776
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 8:45 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Everton striker Yakubu wants to sign a permanent deal at Leicester City if they are promoted to the Premier League.

Nigerian striker Yakubu has told Leicester he will sign a permanent deal with them if they are promoted. Yakubu has scored four goals for Sven Goran Eriksson’s side since arriving on loan from Everton. Those strikes have thrust the Foxes into a fight for a play-off spot and Yakubu is now dreaming of returning to the top flight in a Leicester shirt. Eriksson said: “I’m quite sure if we go up that Yakubu will stay. He wants to.”
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36926
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 1:15 pm

Super wrote:

Nigerian striker Yakubu has told Leicester he will sign a permanent deal with them if they are promoted. Yakubu has scored four goals for Sven Goran Eriksson’s side since arriving on loan from Everton. Those strikes have thrust the Foxes into a fight for a play-off spot and Yakubu is now dreaming of returning to the top flight in a Leicester shirt. Eriksson said: “I’m quite sure if we go up that Yakubu will stay. He wants to.”

£5m, kerrrrr-ching!
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 1:30 pm

Super wrote:

Nigerian striker Yakubu has told Leicester he will sign a permanent deal with them if they are promoted. Yakubu has scored four goals for Sven Goran Eriksson’s side since arriving on loan from Everton. Those strikes have thrust the Foxes into a fight for a play-off spot and Yakubu is now dreaming of returning to the top flight in a Leicester shirt. Eriksson said: “I’m quite sure if we go up that Yakubu will stay fit. He wants to.”

£5m, kerrrrr-ching!

cash in advance, no refunds on sale items..

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 2:47 pm

Super wrote:

£5m, kerrrrr-ching!
Was that the agreed on amount, £5M?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68721

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 3:00 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:

£5m, kerrrrr-ching!

don't think it was confirmed to be fair. I'd assume that it'd have to be somewhere in that region though. No matter how you look at his performances for us this season if he can get back in the goals (which he seems to be doing fairly consistently) £5mill would be a bargain for a promoted team
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 3:52 pm

I think i read somewhere it was 1 mil up front raising to 4 mill if he stays with them.....
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 4:13 pm

Super wrote:

£5m, kerrrrr-ching!

I made up the figure. £5m would be good business for both teams imo.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser on Tue 08 Mar 2011, 9:44 am

Super wrote:

£5m, kerrrrr-ching!

I made up the figure. £5m would be good business for both teams imo.

If we want Andy King then this described outcome would be bad news for us.

Number of posts : 13152
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Wed 23 Mar 2011, 7:57 am

No Surprise there.
Except is he really only 28 affraid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9432403.stm

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Wed 23 Mar 2011, 3:11 pm

The President wrote:No Surprise there.
Except is he really only 28 affraid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/9432403.stm

That amazed me as well so I googled and found this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu_Aiyegbeni

Yeah, I know that Wiki is less than exact but there is some creative use of dates within the page.

Middlesbrough

Yakubu in action for Middlesbrough, 2006After the 2004–05 season, he transferred from Portsmouth to Middlesbrough for a £7.5 million fee.[5] Yakubu scored the only goal of the game with a penalty in the first leg of the UEFA Cup last 16 round at home against Roma, giving Middlesbrough a 1–0 victory, who later went through on away goals. He played for Middlesbrough in the 2006 UEFA Cup Final.

His transfer from Portsmouth to Middlesbrough in July 2009 is one of those about which the Stevens inquiry report in June 2007 expressed concerns because of the lack of co-operation from agents Pinhas Zahavi and Barry Silkman.[6]

Everton
Yakubu was transferred to Everton in August 2009 for a fee of £11.25 million on a five-year deal.[2] Shunning the traditional centre-forwards' number 9, Yakubu asked to be assigned number 22, setting this number as a goal-scoring target for his first season,[7] a feat he fell one goal short of achieving.[8] He scored 11 minutes into his debut for the club, the first goal in a 2–1 win against Bolton Wanderers at Reebok Stadium in September 2007
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7089
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum