606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

+43
tadpole
SEFTON
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
Gravy & Chips
Cahill the Great
Goodison_Gringo
SouthernSmugToffee
Hinchcliffe Corner
Sheep Flavour
Mr_Ben
BB
Armchair
The President
Sack the Juggler
Tonteau
Albert
Blue gazza
MagicMike
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Da Judge
Dixie Land
RhinoJagz
Diamond
Lumper
The Griffin
My other LB is a Ferrari
WellOilBeefHooked
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Bluey
Luka Perfect
Top Balcony Blue
Brummie No Mates
Gazbow
notepad
Bryan
Valentino Blue
ToffeeDan
Statman
toffee_pies
Michael Crosby S74
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
El Pablo
47 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  Dixie Land Mon 09 Nov 2009, 2:23 pm

Cahill the F**ked wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:I know it will take a long time to get back to 100% after the awful injury that he sustained but I was just wondering if he has forgotten what position he plays. Since he has come back he is constantly on the left wing, which doesnt work when we play one up top. Im not sure if it is frustration as he wants to be more involved but it means that whenever we break there is nobody up top. I think Saha showed the benefits of playing in postion by latching onto Cahill's pass yesterday.

I remember the Yak doing the same before he got injured last season. I hope the Yak can get back to his best but he looks awful at the momment!

The problem for him is that if Saha can get fully fit then he is, by far, our number one striker. We normally only play one up top so The Yak could find himself on the bench in most games. Would still be a great asset if he can get back to his best.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  Cahill the Great Mon 09 Nov 2009, 2:33 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Cahill the F**ked wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:I know it will take a long time to get back to 100% after the awful injury that he sustained but I was just wondering if he has forgotten what position he plays. Since he has come back he is constantly on the left wing, which doesnt work when we play one up top. Im not sure if it is frustration as he wants to be more involved but it means that whenever we break there is nobody up top. I think Saha showed the benefits of playing in postion by latching onto Cahill's pass yesterday.

I remember the Yak doing the same before he got injured last season. I hope the Yak can get back to his best but he looks awful at the momment!

The problem for him is that if Saha can get fully fit then he is, by far, our number one striker. We normally only play one up top so The Yak could find himself on the bench in most games. Would still be a great asset if he can get back to his best.

Agree Dixie. I cant see Moyes changing his favoured 4-5-1 formation to accomodate both in the team - we simply dont have the midfield.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 09 Nov 2009, 2:46 pm

It will take time for the Yak to get back to full sharpness, I think Moyes commented on this.

One thing about the Yak is he can hold the ball up and is fuckin strong. He does appear to go to the left then try and barge through the defenders. I am sure there is a method behind the madness.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 09 Nov 2009, 2:55 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:It will take time for the Yak to get back to full sharpness, I think Moyes commented on this.

One thing about the Yak is he can hold the ball up and is fuckin strong. He does appear to go to the left then try and barge through the defenders. I am sure there is a method behind the madness.
The problem is that he, as far as I recall, never got past his defender. He was almost through one time when he had two defenders on him, but then he went down looking for the freekick - which he didn't get.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Mon 09 Nov 2009, 3:02 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:It will take time for the Yak to get back to full sharpness, I think Moyes commented on this.

I think he's poor at this. Usually loses it, gives it away if he manages to get it under control or looks for a free-kick
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 09 Nov 2009, 3:45 pm

The Griffin wrote:

I think he's poor at this. Usually loses it, gives it away if he manages to get it under control or looks for a free-kick

Has your sofa got an obstructed view? You've just described Jo.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 09 Nov 2009, 3:50 pm

Cahill the F**ked wrote:

Bit OTT.

I noticed this against Benfica Dixie. To be fair we looked OK in that first half hour or so purely because the Yak linked the play up with Fellaini and Billy. We at least looked a threat as a result, but ideally we need him to remain in the middle. The fella has had a bad injury, and has been rushed back into a struggling side. Remember, unlike Saha, he needs to be fed the majority of the time, and without Arteta, Pienaar and even Ossie we can't create fuck all for him.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 09 Nov 2009, 3:51 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

From where he watches yes ( peering through his fingers from the back of the sofa)
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 09 Nov 2009, 4:32 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
Cahill the F**ked wrote:

Bit OTT.

I noticed this against Benfica Dixie. To be fair we looked OK in that first half hour or so purely because the Yak linked the play up with Fellaini and Billy. We at least looked a threat as a result, but ideally we need him to remain in the middle. The fella has had a bad injury, and has been rushed back into a struggling side. Remember, unlike Saha, he needs to be fed the majority of the time, and without Arteta, Pienaar and even Ossie we can't create fuck all for him.

I can see what you mean mate with him having to drop deeper to get involved due to our creative players being injured or suspended. I like the bloke to be honest and hope that he can get back to full fitness as he can be lethal infront of goal. It just seems strange him always being on the left wing. I was wondering if it was a tactic that Moyes has wanted him to adopt or if he is doing it off his own back. It seems strange that he has done it in a few games as I would have thought Moyes would have had a word if he wasnt meant to be doing it.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Mon 09 Nov 2009, 4:55 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

No. We bought him and pay his wages to score goals. He's shit at holding the play up because he is a natural goalscorer. He isn't scoring goals at the moment, so he's not earning his money, ergo he is shit and a liability! Very Happy
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Mon 09 Nov 2009, 5:46 pm

Fuck! it must just be me but i thought The Yak was looking better then before... he seems to want the ball more and runs around more but hey ho i guess im wrong:(
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 09 Nov 2009, 6:53 pm

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:Fuck! it must just be me but i thought The Yak was looking better then before... he seems to want the ball more and runs around more but hey ho i guess im wrong:(

I don't think your wrong I think the basic problem is that the ball is in our half too much. With Pienaar out the entire midfield is out of balance and the ball is pinging back at us. Moyes deffo has him playing up the left to help sure it up. He had a great game against Villa I thought. It will be ages till he's 100% again but he already has a couple of assists. Brings Gosling in a treat against the hammers.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 09 Nov 2009, 11:17 pm

Yak is still getting to 100%, but as we are surely only going to play 1 striker I really can't see him having any chance of displacing Saha ... even when he is 100%

...and that's a nice dilemma for Moyes

I still like the Yak though... he'll be a fantastic impact sub Very Happy

Number of posts : 40814

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Empty Yak departs

Post  Super Wed 30 Dec 2009, 3:11 pm

Yakubu has joined up with the Nigeria squad ahead of this month's African Cup of Nations.

The striker, who is the only fit Nigerian in the Everton squad at present, has left for Angola where the Super Eagles will take on Mozambique, Benin and Egypt in Group C, starting against the latter on 12 January.

Nigeria have won the trophy twice since its inception in 1957, but not since 1994. Competition will be fierce with World Cup hopefuls Cameroon, Ivory Coast and Algeria also in the tournament but Yakubu is confident his nation's time may be about to come again.

"If we keep giving our best on the pitch and working for each other we can achieve something," he told evertonTV. "We are playing three tough teams in the group and it's not going to be easy. But we will give it our best and hopefully it will be our year to win the Cup.

"As a player you want to play for your country and I'm looking forward to it. There is always pressure though because the people back home, they are like your manager, telling players what to do. It's pressure playing for your national team, but we're used to it and we want to do our best."

Yakubu only returned to the first-team fold in August following almost a year on the sidelines with an Achilles problem.

Now fully fit again, the 27-year-old wants to use the Cup of Nations to rediscover his goalscoring touch, having registered just twice so far this campaign.

"I think at the moment my fitness is good and I'm 100 per cent okay,” he said. “That is good and hopefully I will start scoring goals for my country and carry it on for Everton when I get back from Angola."

Yakubu will return to Merseyside immediately after Nigeria’s exit from the competition. The final, should they reach it, is to be held on 31 January.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 30 Dec 2009, 3:27 pm

Out one month. Evil or Very Mad We need bodies.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 30 Dec 2009, 3:34 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Out one month. Evil or Very Mad We need bodies.

JV is back, we will be fine!!
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  toffee_pies Wed 30 Dec 2009, 3:44 pm

Super wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Out one month. Evil or Very Mad We need bodies.

JV is back, we will be fine!!

Plus Donovan due to arrive Sunday
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 30 Dec 2009, 3:49 pm

Rather he had to go then Pieman with South Africa. Thank god they are rubbish!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 30 Dec 2009, 3:55 pm

Coleman's mustard wrote:Rather he had to go then Pieman with South Africa. Thank god they are rubbish!

cheers cheers
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 30 Dec 2009, 4:16 pm

hate to say it, but, are we really gonna miss him 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Confused 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Confused all we can hope for is that he stays injury free, and regains his goal touch, and comes back to us firing on all cylinders 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond Wed 30 Dec 2009, 4:37 pm

YAKUBLUE wrote:hate to say it, but, are we really gonna miss him 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Confused 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Confused all we can hope for is that he stays injury free, and regains his goal touch, and comes back to us firing on all cylinders 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

He has been playing well in recent games without scoring, he just needs a couple in the ANC then he should hopefully come back and start banging them in.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 30 Dec 2009, 4:48 pm

Coleman's mustard wrote:Rather he had to go then Pieman with South Africa. Thank god they are rubbish!
I agree. We really need Pienaar.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 30 Dec 2009, 4:49 pm

Diamond wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:hate to say it, but, are we really gonna miss him 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Confused 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Confused all we can hope for is that he stays injury free, and regains his goal touch, and comes back to us firing on all cylinders 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

He has been playing well in recent games without scoring, he just needs a couple in the ANC then he should hopefully come back and start banging them in.
And we need strikers who are capable of putting the ball in the net!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 30 Dec 2009, 4:51 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Diamond wrote:

And we need strikers anyone who is capable of putting the ball in the net!
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 30 Dec 2009, 5:20 pm

Super wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Diamond wrote:

And we need strikers anyone who is capable of putting the ball in the net!
I stand corrected. Laughing
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next