22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 9 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  Armchair on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 10:48 am

I've found him. He is eating a pie.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19817
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 9 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  BB on Sun 15 Aug 2010, 1:23 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:I've found him. He is eating a pie.

Lol Laughing
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 24 Aug 2010, 3:55 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:WHERE IS THE YAK?

Round also revealed that the same can be said of Nigerian duo Yakubu and Joseph Yobo, explaining that their World Cup exploits were the reason they haven't featured at all in the first two Premier League games.

"They came back from the World Cup a little bit later and have taken a bit of time to get fitter again," he said.

"Joe is in the squad tomorrow and Yak would have been but he picked up a whack in training and is out. They are both in contention and will hopefully play a big part in us having a good season."
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36951
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 25 Aug 2010, 6:38 am

Super wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:WHERE IS THE YAK?

Round also revealed that the same can be said of Nigerian duo Yakubu and Joseph Yobo, explaining that their World Cup exploits were the reason they haven't featured at all in the first two Premier League games.

"They came back from the World Cup a little bit later and have taken a bit of time to get fitter again," he said.

"Joe is in the squad tomorrow and Yak would have been but he picked up a whack in training and is out. They are both in contention and will hopefully play a big part in us having a good season."

lazy fuckers!
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Fri 27 Aug 2010, 3:22 pm

Yak weighed in at 95kg on his return to pre season. FACT.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Tue 14 Sep 2010, 10:21 am

The Yak looked hungry when he came on against ManU and created a good chance for Ossie.

IMO Moyes should start with him against the Barcodes.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 14 Sep 2010, 12:39 pm

I agree, also he tires the defenders down, i think after 70 minutes of having him knock into the defenders etc stick Beckford on to run at them
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Tue 14 Sep 2010, 1:00 pm

We could play both strikers. I think we've took the 1 striker thing as far as we should. If we're to get goals, we need our strikers on the pitch more. Playing with just 1 seems to drain strikers form and opportunity.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin on Tue 14 Sep 2010, 3:37 pm

Agree we should play 2 (or 3) strikers. Beckford to run them round and Yak to knock 'em over when they're tired/dizzy Very Happy
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 14 Sep 2010, 3:41 pm

BB wrote:We could play both strikers. I think we've took the 1 striker thing as far as we should. If we're to get goals, we need our strikers on the pitch more. Playing with just 1 seems to drain strikers form and opportunity.
I'd drop Osman who, apart form the involvment in the first goal, was rather ineffective.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68842
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Tue 14 Sep 2010, 6:19 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
BB wrote:We could play both strikers. I think we've took the 1 striker thing as far as we should. If we're to get goals, we need our strikers on the pitch more. Playing with just 1 seems to drain strikers form and opportunity.
I'd drop Osman who, apart form the involvment in the first goal, was rather ineffective.

Osman always plays better in a central role. He is usually pants playing out wide.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Tue 14 Sep 2010, 7:15 pm

BB wrote:22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 9 Whereistheyak

So did anyone find the Yak then? Very Happy
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Tue 28 Sep 2010, 11:21 am

Striker Yakubu has been axed from the Nigeria squad for their African Nations Cup qualifier against Guinea on October 10. The Blues striker is missing from a 30-man squad for the game in Conakry, Guinea – but as he searches for his first goal of the season, Neville believes it is only a matter of time before the Yak is back on the scoresheet. “I think momentum is a big, big part of Yak’s game, and the more 90 minutes he gets under his belt, the better he will be,” said the Goodison skipper.
“There was that little sharpness, that little glint in his eye at Fulham and I said to him at half time I could smell a goal coming. “Maybe he could have had one just at the end but it’s great to have him back playing. He’s had a horrific time with injury but it’s good to have him back firing.” With 18 international goals Yakubu is one of Nigeria’s leading scorers, but he hasn’t figured for his country since the World Cup where his miss against South Korea was branded the miss of the tournament.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36951
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 28 Sep 2010, 1:59 pm

Super wrote:
Striker Yakubu has been axed from the Nigeria squad for their African Nations Cup qualifier against Guinea on October 10. The Blues striker is missing from a 30-man squad for the game in Conakry, Guinea – but as he searches for his first goal of the season, Neville believes it is only a matter of time before the Yak is back on the scoresheet. “I think momentum is a big, big part of Yak’s game, and the more 90 minutes he gets under his belt, the better he will be,” said the Goodison skipper.
“There was that little sharpness, that little glint in his eye at Fulham and I said to him at half time I could smell a goal coming. “Maybe he could have had one just at the end but it’s great to have him back playing. He’s had a horrific time with injury but it’s good to have him back firing.” With 18 international goals Yakubu is one of Nigeria’s leading scorers, but he hasn’t figured for his country since the World Cup where his miss against South Korea was branded the miss of the tournament.
Shocked What's going on between the two then...?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Tue 28 Sep 2010, 2:33 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Super wrote:
Shocked What's going on between the two then...?

Laughing
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Sat 30 Oct 2010, 11:59 pm

I thought the Yak was solid again today against Stoke.. he's starting to look busy & involved in most of our dangerous attacks... impossible to knock him off the ball.

His goal was a wonderful strike after clever feet from the Cahill rebound off the post...

First of fifteen prem goals this season

Yakattack cheers
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34526

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 31 Oct 2010, 7:08 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I thought the Yak was solid again today against Stoke.. he's starting to look busy & involved in most of our dangerous attacks... impossible to knock him off the ball.

His goal was a wonderful strike after clever feet from the Cahill rebound off the post...

Yakattack cheers

The Yak rolls on confidence i can see him banging a hatrick in soon
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sun 31 Oct 2010, 5:41 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I thought the Yak was solid again today against Stoke.. he's starting to look busy & involved in most of our dangerous attacks... impossible to knock him off the ball.

Yakattack cheers

I heard it called a good poacher's goal. Never! That was the class finish of a very accomplished goalscorer who's coming back to form. Great to see the yak back and working his fat bollocks off, too.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 31 Oct 2010, 5:43 pm

Tonteau wrote:

Yakattack cheers

I heard it called a good poacher's goal. Never! That was the class finish of a very accomplished goalscorer who's coming back to form. Great to see the yak back and working his fat bollocks off, too.
Also remember that he got the ball off the Stoke defender to pass the ball to Cahill, who's shot ended up back to the Yak for the goal. Granted the Stoke defender didn't do too well there, but the Yak got infront of him to get the ball leading to the goal. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Mon 01 Nov 2010, 6:15 pm

Curious claim in Guardian match report today that Yak had never scored a match winner for Everton in the League?

When you shell out £11.25m on a striker you would assume you are buying a game-changer of distinct pedigree yet until this weekend, Yakubu Ayegbeni had not scored a single winner in a Premier League game for Everton.

Now in his fourth season on Merseyside, it is a surprising statistic for Yakubu and overcoming it against Stoke, the most competitive of top-flight adversaries, could not have been more apt. Twice seizing on loose balls on the periphery of the six-yard box midway through the second half, he first set up Tim Cahill's low drive, which hit the base of a post, before depositing the rebound past Asmir Begovic and into the roof of the net.

However does this not qualify as a match winner? scratch
Sat Dec 8th 2007 H Fulham 3-0 Yakubu 3.

Yes he got a hat trick but wasnt the first goal the 'winner' then he added two more?

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo on Mon 01 Nov 2010, 6:18 pm

Bluejags wrote:Curious claim in Guardian match report today that Yak had never scored a match winner for Everton in the League?

When you shell out £11.25m on a striker you would assume you are buying a game-changer of distinct pedigree yet until this weekend, Yakubu Ayegbeni had not scored a single winner in a Premier League game for Everton.

Now in his fourth season on Merseyside, it is a surprising statistic for Yakubu and overcoming it against Stoke, the most competitive of top-flight adversaries, could not have been more apt. Twice seizing on loose balls on the periphery of the six-yard box midway through the second half, he first set up Tim Cahill's low drive, which hit the base of a post, before depositing the rebound past Asmir Begovic and into the roof of the net.

Yes he got a hat trick but wasnt the first goal the 'winner' then he added two more?

Yeah I doubted whether it was true. Another case of one lazy journalist inventing something and it subsequently appearing in several articles over the next few days.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 3711
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  BB on Mon 01 Nov 2010, 6:43 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Bluejags wrote:Curious claim in Guardian match report today that Yak had never scored a match winner for Everton in the League?

Yeah I doubted whether it was true. Another case of one lazy journalist inventing something and it subsequently appearing in several articles over the next few days.

Here are his goals:

2010 - 2011
Sat Oct 30 2010 Prem H Stoke W 1 - 0 35,513 Yakubu

2009 - 2010
Sat Apr 17 2010 Prem A Blackburn W 3 - 2 27,022 Arteta M (pen) Yakubu Cahill T
Sun Apr 4 2010 Prem H West Ham D 2 - 2 37,451 Bilyaletdinov D Yakubu
Sat Mar 13 2010 Prem A Birmingham D 2 - 2 24,579 Anichebe V Yakubu
Sun Feb 28 2010 Prem A Tottenham L 1 - 2 35,912 Yakubu
Sat Dec 12 2009 Prem A Chelsea D 3 - 3 41,579 Cech P (og) Yakubu Saha L
Wed Sep 23 2009 LC 3 A Hull W 4 - 0 13,558 Yakubu Jô Gosling D Osman L

2008 - 2009
Sun Nov 16 2008 Prem H Middlesbrough D 1 - 1 31,063 Yakubu
Thu Sep 18 2008 UEFAC 1:1 H Standard Liege D 2 - 2 28,312 Yakubu Castillo S
Sun Sep 14 2008 Prem A Stoke W 3 - 2 27,415 Yakubu Anichebe V Cahill T
Sat Aug 23 2008 Prem A West Brom W 2 - 1 26,190 Osman L Yakubu
Sat Aug 16 2008 Prem H Blackburn L 2 - 3 38,675 Arteta M Yakubu

2007 - 2008
Sun May 11 2008 Prem H Newcastle W 3 - 1 39,592 Yakubu 2 (1 pen) Lescott J
Sat Mar 22 2008 Prem H West Ham D 1 - 1 37,430 Yakubu
Sun Mar 2 2008 Prem H Portsmouth W 3 - 1 33,938 Yakubu 2 Cahill T
Mon Feb 25 2008 Prem A Man City W 2 - 0 41,728 Yakubu Lescott J
Thu Feb 21 2008 UEFAC R32:2 H SK Brann W 6 - 1 32,834 Yakubu 3 Johnson A 2 Arteta M (agg 8-1)
Tue Jan 8 2008 LC SF:1 A Chelsea L 1 - 2 41,178 Yakubu
Sat Dec 15 2007 Prem A West Ham W 2 - 0 34,430 Yakubu Johnson A
Wed Dec 12 2007 LC QF A West Ham W 2 - 1 28,777 Osman L Yakubu
Sat Dec 8 2007 Prem H Fulham W 3 - 0 32,743 Yakubu 3
Sat Nov 24 2007 Prem H Sunderland W 7 - 1 38,594 Yakubu 2 Cahill T 2 Pienaar S Johnson A Osman L
Sat Nov 3 2007 Prem H Birmingham W 3 - 1 35,155 Yakubu Carsley L Vaughan J
Wed Sep 26 2007 LC 3 A Sheff Wed W 3 - 0 16,463 McFadden J 2 Yakubu
Sat Sep 1 2007 Prem A Bolton W 2 - 1 22,064 Yakubu Lescott J

Only £450,000 per goal + wages and expenses. cheers
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Tue 02 Nov 2010, 8:45 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9145957.stm
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 03 Nov 2010, 1:11 am

Mr_Ben wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/e/everton/9145957.stm
I miss the rallying calls...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza on Tue 21 Dec 2010, 10:11 pm

where the fuck is he 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 9 Confused 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 9 Confused
not heard or seen him since he scored scratch scratch
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 7264

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum