22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 7 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 4:54 pm

I think he has justified the £10m this evening
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 7 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 4:56 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:I think he has justified the £10m this evening

yeah, he looked sharp (well. compared to his team mates)
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 5:06 pm

mindyerho? wrote:

He did well tonight.

To be honest, I really hope we dont sell him as he can be an amazing goalscorer, which is something we havent had in years. He can have a really poor game and still score. If we did sell, if it was less than £10 million I would be pissed off to be honest.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 5:10 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:

He did well tonight.

To be honest, I really hope we dont sell him as he can be an amazing goalscorer, which is something we havent had in years. He can have a really poor game and still score. If we did sell, if it was less than £10 million I would be pissed off to be honest.

how many of Messi's misses would Yak just slot away or blast into the net?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 5:11 pm

I don't mind selling for £10m as long as we can replace him. Beckford is an unknown quantity at PL level.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 5:13 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:I don't mind selling for £10m as long as we can replace him. Beckford is an unknown quantity at PL level.

I would agree with that. Beckford should be a replacement for Vaughan as far as Im concerned. Saha cannot be relied on to play every game so to afford a player who would score goals and stay fit would cost £20 odd million.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 5:51 pm

Was it just my imagination (based on my rather dodgy internet feed) but didn't Yak look a lot fitter as well?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68396
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 6:26 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Was it just my imagination (based on my rather dodgy internet feed) but didn't Yak look a lot fitter as well?

Twas a bad injury, he did look sharper, easily another 12 months, wonder if that is the reason wh Moysey will let him go now. Waited enough for success?
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 8:20 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Was it just my imagination (based on my rather dodgy internet feed) but didn't Yak look a lot fitter as well?

the word was THINNER....22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 9:51 pm

mindyerho? wrote:

the word was THINNER....22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
Laughing OK, How about increased fitness level? Wink
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  WellOilBeefHooked on Sat 12 Jun 2010, 11:21 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:I don't mind selling for £10m as long as we can replace him. Beckford is an unknown quantity at PL level.

Landon Donovan 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 7 F_whistl
WellOilBeefHooked
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1191
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 1:05 am

WellOilBeefHooked wrote:

I thought Donovan did well today. Very neat with the ball and always looking for a playing option instead of just hoofing it away.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 8:05 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:

I thought Donovan did well today. Very neat with the ball and always looking for a playing option instead of just hoofing it away.

Donovan is more of a RW IMHO, i'd like Donovan in buit not as direct replacement for Yak
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  My other LB is a Ferrari on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 10:49 am

WellOilBeefHooked wrote:

Did you see Yobo's hoof pass ?
My other LB is a Ferrari
My other LB is a Ferrari

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2006-01-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 12:39 pm

WellOilBeefHooked wrote:

Donovan's set piece delivery was excellent.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 12:45 pm

MagicMike wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:

Yeah, Donavon is not an out an out striker but more or less a winger where he played at Everton. He has great intelligence and his passing and delivery was crisp and accurate last night. Very professional performance. Its a pity he hasnt got better players around him. I was impressed with Bradley as well. Of all the four central midfield players he held his position the best and did well breaking up the play and getting the States going. Timmy made a few solid saves as well. A typical Everton performance from him. Very solid.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 2:16 pm

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:

Did you see Yobo's hoof pass ?
I didn't get to watch much of the game. I had it on on the computer, but was also cleaning/doing laundry. Having said that I have seen the Yobo straight leg hoof many times before. Laughing
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 2:17 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:

Donovan is more of a RW IMHO, i'd like Donovan in buit not as direct replacement for Yak
Totally. Donovan is much more of a playmaker (as seen again against England) than an outright striker, which Yakubu is. I don't think we can say that Donovan would be a replacement for the Yak.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Super on Mon 14 Jun 2010, 10:48 am

Bluejags wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:

Yeah, Donavon is not an out an out striker but more or less a winger where he played at Everton. He has great intelligence and his passing and delivery was crisp and accurate last night. Very professional performance. Its a pity he hasnt got better players around him. I was impressed with Bradley as well. Of all the four central midfield players he held his position the best and did well breaking up the play and getting the States going. Timmy made a few solid saves as well. A typical Everton performance from him. Very solid.

Weren't we rumoured with Bradley a few seasons ago?
Super
Super

Number of posts : 36868
Registration date : 2005-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin on Mon 14 Jun 2010, 1:20 pm

Bluejags wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:

You're kidding - he came off his line at least twice during Saturday's game!
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Mon 14 Jun 2010, 3:18 pm

The Griffin wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:

You're kidding - he came off his line at least twice during Saturday's game!

Exactly.. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Tue 15 Jun 2010, 1:39 am

Super wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:

Weren't we rumoured with Bradley a few seasons ago?
Yeah, we were. Nothing came of that though.

Bradley worked hard but didn't offer much going forward I thought. 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 7 Confused We already have Fellaini and Heitinga as def-mids so I can't see Moyes going after Bradley (I don't really consider him a play maker).
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Thu 05 Aug 2010, 7:47 am

Is The Yak injured at the moment?
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Tue 10 Aug 2010, 8:25 pm

Sky Sports reporting again that West Ham (who are in debt and dont have any money) have made another other offer for Yak. I would assume that it is more then the last £6m million bid. Could we be in for some last minute musical chairs??

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Tue 10 Aug 2010, 9:15 pm

Bluejags wrote:Sky Sports reporting again that West Ham (who are in debt and dont have any money) have made another other offer for Yak. I would assume that it is more then the last £6m million bid. Could we be in for some last minute musical chairs??

Maybe the Spamers have agreed to sell Parker to Spuds, freeing up cash to spend on Yak? Or some muggins like the Shite think that Carlton Cole's handful of goals last season makes him a worldbeater so West Ham need a replacement.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum