606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

+43
tadpole
SEFTON
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
Gravy & Chips
Cahill the Great
Goodison_Gringo
SouthernSmugToffee
Hinchcliffe Corner
Sheep Flavour
Mr_Ben
BB
Armchair
The President
Sack the Juggler
Tonteau
Albert
Blue gazza
MagicMike
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Da Judge
Dixie Land
RhinoJagz
Diamond
Lumper
The Griffin
My other LB is a Ferrari
WellOilBeefHooked
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Bluey
Luka Perfect
Top Balcony Blue
Brummie No Mates
Gazbow
notepad
Bryan
Valentino Blue
ToffeeDan
Statman
toffee_pies
Michael Crosby S74
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
El Pablo
47 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 6 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  Dixie Land Sun 06 Jun 2010, 1:04 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:We must be banking on the Yak to get a hat full in the world cup and up his value.

4m seems a bit cheap

I would have thought he was worth around the £8 million mark myself. The club have apparently refused an offer of £4 million from West Ham so they obviously think he is worth more if they are letting him go.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 6 Empty Re: 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken!

Post  Armchair Sun 06 Jun 2010, 6:42 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:We must be banking on the Yak to get a hat full in the world cup and up his value.

4m seems a bit cheap

I would have thought he was worth around the £8 million mark myself. The club have apparently refused an offer of £4 million from West Ham so they obviously think he is worth more if they are letting him go.

Agreed. A proven Prem goalscorer has to be worth more than £6m. Closer to £10m imo.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 06 Jun 2010, 6:51 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

4m seems a bit cheap

Agreed. A proven Prem goalscorer has to be worth more than £6m. Closer to £10m imo.

and he is only aged somewhere between 21 and 50. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 06 Jun 2010, 6:57 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

4m seems a bit cheap

Scored today against north korea. That's gotta be worth another million or so.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 06 Jun 2010, 6:58 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

4m seems a bit cheap

If he has a good World Cup we could even get back what we paid for him (or very close).
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:03 pm

If Moyes let him leave for £6m then it would, to me anyway, signal that he's pretty much finished. In his pomp he's a twenty-goal-a-season forward, but Moyes could feel Yakubu has nothing left to give Everton and is better getting cash in for him. If Moyes feels Yak could still notch goals, then I think he would be kept.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:08 pm

MagicMike wrote:If Moyes let him leave for £6m then it would, to me anyway, signal that he's pretty much finished. In his pomp he's a twenty-goal-a-season forward, but Moyes could feel Yakubu has nothing left to give Everton and is better getting cash in for him. If Moyes feels Yak could still notch goals, then I think he would be kept.

He strikes me as a player that seems to get bored by staying at one club for very long. He seems to play well for the first couple of seasons at a club and then tails off. It is a shame because he has scored some great goals for us.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:15 pm

MagicMike wrote:If Moyes let him leave for £6m then it would, to me anyway, signal that he's pretty much finished. In his pomp he's a twenty-goal-a-season forward, but Moyes could feel Yakubu has nothing left to give Everton and is better getting cash in for him. If Moyes feels Yak could still notch goals, then I think he would be kept.

It's a point worth debating. If having the best part of a season out injured and the best part of another season half fit has spent the Yak as a goalscoring force, then £6 million would be a pretty good return as he doesn't really bring too much else to the team. I still remember some great goals he scored for us. That touch and pass into the corner of the net against stoke being one. It's the kind of finishing that's pretty hard to come across in the premier league. If he's lost so much physically that he can't do that any more then we need shot, cos I imagine he's on pretty high wages and he's not getting any younger (well, not until he next visits the birth certificate office in nigeria, anyways).

Last edited by Tonteau on Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15976

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:15 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

He strikes me as a player that seems to get bored by staying at one club for very long. He seems to play well for the first couple of seasons at a club and then tails off. It is a shame because he has scored some great goals for us.
It's a good point, mate. He was woeful for Boro before we bought him. I wonder, however, whether the step down to West Ham (no disrespect to them) would be that appealing to him. I know he's worked under Grant before (at Hapoel Tel Aviv) but I think it's a bit of a drop.

If Moyes could get him motivated and playing like he was two years ago then he's a £15m+ player. It may be that his injury has taken its toll on him, and Moyes doesn't see him as a useful player for EFC.

Or it could all be bollocks, of course!
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 06 Jun 2010, 11:30 pm

scored today
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 07 Jun 2010, 6:53 am

mindyerho? wrote:scored today

£7 million and counting. cheers cheers cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 07 Jun 2010, 10:40 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

4m seems a bit cheap

If he has a good World Cup we could even get back what we paid for him (or very close).

On the other hand, if he has a good World Cup, why would we want to sell an in form, proven goalscorer? 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 6 Confused
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 07 Jun 2010, 12:30 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/06/07/everton-fc-are-not-looking-to-offload-striker-yakubu-to-west-ham-100252-26601843/

Not going anywhere according to the echo.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 07 Jun 2010, 1:16 pm

BB wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/06/07/everton-fc-are-not-looking-to-offload-striker-yakubu-to-west-ham-100252-26601843/ BUT IF THE RIGHT OFFER COMES IN THEN WE WILL SELL
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8008
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 07 Jun 2010, 1:25 pm

YAKUBLUE wrote:
BB wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/06/07/everton-fc-are-not-looking-to-offload-striker-yakubu-to-west-ham-100252-26601843/ BUT IF THE RIGHT OFFER COMES IN THEN WE WILL SELL

better think of a new name mate, Beckfordblue????
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 07 Jun 2010, 4:54 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:

thought you'd be changing yours, to 'BendItLikeBeckford'
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 07 Jun 2010, 6:01 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:

thought you'd be changing yours, to 'BendItLikeBeckford'

Mind Yer BeckFord Cortina. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 07 Jun 2010, 6:46 pm

BB wrote:http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/06/07/everton-fc-are-not-looking-to-offload-striker-yakubu-to-west-ham-100252-26601843/

It wouldn't surprise me if Vaughan were to leave though.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 07 Jun 2010, 7:36 pm

It's a tough one to call, if the Yak is going to make it back, then selling a 15+ striker will reflect badly, if he doesn't it shows a smart move by the manager. Only Moyes can make that call. If it where me, I would keep him.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Luka Perfect Tue 08 Jun 2010, 6:40 am

I think Moyes will sell if we get an offer of £7m or more - I think what will swing it is the wages, he is on £50k a week and for that I think Moyes would expect a bit more, but both Yakubu and Yobo will go if a good offer come in to free up some wages and transfer funds on other players. I think if we sold them both and could then offer Arteta and Pienaar more for their contracts and Moyes could buy a couple of yonger hungry replacements I would be happy for him to sell them. I think the Yak can be quite stroppy if he wants to move and is'nt allowed to.
Luka Perfect
Luka Perfect

Number of posts : 7259

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/seinfeld/tvindex.html

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Thu 10 Jun 2010, 11:25 pm

Everton have rejected an improved £7million offer from West Ham for striker Yakubu.

West Ham owner David Sullivan is determined to give new manager Avram Grant a proven goalscorer and sees the 27-year-old Nigerian as the ideal man.

Although Yakubu struggled with six goals last term, he was coming back from a serious achilles injury and Grant believes he can recover his sharpness through the World Cup and extra pre-season training.

Everton need the funds as they are keen on Manchester City's Craig Bellamy, Nedum Onuoha and Martin Petrov.

Manager David Moyes is also keen to bring in a couple of young players and does not want to sell Yakubu unless he has a guaranteed replacement lined up - plus a figure closer to the £11.25m he paid Middlesbrough in 2007.

West Ham, meanwhile, are also interested in Tottenham's Adel Taarabt, 21, who was on loan at QPR last season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285682/West-Ham-told-improve-7m-offer-secure-deal-Everton-striker-Yakubu.html?ITO=1490

It's the Daily Fail so take with a pinch of salt...
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Thu 10 Jun 2010, 11:54 pm

Everton have rejected an improved £7million offer from West Ham for striker Yakubu.

West Ham owner David Sullivan is determined to give new manager Avram Grant a proven goalscorer and sees the 47-year-old Nigerian as the ideal man.

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 6 F_whistl 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 6 F_whistl 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 6 F_whistl
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 11 Jun 2010, 2:54 am

Dixie Land wrote:

West Ham owner David Sullivan is determined to give new manager Avram Grant a proven goalscorer and sees the 47-year-old Nigerian as the ideal man.

22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 6 F_whistl 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 6 F_whistl 22:Ayegbeni Yakubu - being fed on Chicken! - Page 6 F_whistl
lol! lol! You are closer than you think on that number Dixie! lol!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sat 12 Jun 2010, 9:09 am

Everton have put a £10million price tag on Yakubu after rejecting a £6m West Ham bid.

The Hammers targeted the striker as the first major signing of Avram Grant’s reign, but Goodison Park boss David Moyes would want close to the £11.25m Everton paid Middlesbrough in 2007 to consider letting him go.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Everton-slap-10million-price-tag-on-West-Ham-target-Yakubu-article460031.html
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 12 Jun 2010, 2:22 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Everton have put a £10million price tag on Yakubu after rejecting a £6m West Ham bid.

The Hammers targeted the striker as the first major signing of Avram Grant’s reign, but Goodison Park boss David Moyes would want close to the £11.25m Everton paid Middlesbrough in 2007 to consider letting him go.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Everton-slap-10million-price-tag-on-West-Ham-target-Yakubu-article460031.html
For £10M I'd be inclined to be willing to do business. Especially considering he's 37 years old. Wink
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next