606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8. Louis Saha - King Twit-ter (Everton & Tottenham reject)

+47
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Blue gazza
Mr_Ben
tadpole
Albert
Diamond
Yankthattoffee
notepad
Goodison_Gringo
anticipate_the_pass
Valentino Blue
BB
Lumper
RhinoJagz
Tonteau
Da Judge
Top Balcony Blue
Bryan
The Griffin
SEFTON
Barry Horne's Equaliser
The President
Statman
Bluey
Michael Crosby S74
Sack the Juggler
toffee_pies
SouthernSmugToffee
ToffeeDan
callmebubbles
Luka Perfect
Sheep Flavour
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
hairy cataract
Riggy
Cahill the Great
Brummie No Mates
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
duncs pigeons
Gravy & Chips
Blue_Monkey
My other LB is a Ferrari
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Marouane Screetch
VenezuelaBlue
51 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

8. Louis Saha - King Twit-ter (Everton & Tottenham reject) - Page 6 Empty Re: 8. Louis Saha - King Twit-ter (Everton & Tottenham reject)

Post  MagicMike Sat 09 Jan 2010, 3:01 pm

I can't see many other sides offering him that here or abroad.

I think it's a little unlikely he'd ask for that, considering he was willing to get fit before he played when he joined. Why would he become such a demanding player all of a sudden?
MagicMike
MagicMike

Number of posts : 11414
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Back to top Go down

8. Louis Saha - King Twit-ter (Everton & Tottenham reject) - Page 6 Empty Re: 8. Louis Saha - King Twit-ter (Everton & Tottenham reject)

Post  Sheep Flavour Sat 09 Jan 2010, 3:47 pm

Could be just paper talk. He is still a Blue so lets just leave it as paper talking rubbish!!!!
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Sat 09 Jan 2010, 4:01 pm

We could have took the 8m, but his contribution this season has been worth more IMO. We'd be up shit creek if we didnt have him.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sat 09 Jan 2010, 4:05 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:We could have took the 8m, but his contribution this season has been worth more IMO. We'd be up shit creek if we didnt have him.
I'd agree, but I equally think that it wouldn't be a wise move to pay an injury prone 31 year old £60k a week. If that is the only way he'll stay then I'd let him go. We'd have got a lot out of him for a freebie.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Sat 09 Jan 2010, 4:07 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:We could have took the 8m, but his contribution this season has been worth more IMO. We'd be up shit creek if we didnt have him.
I'd agree, but I equally think that it wouldn't be a wise move to pay an injury prone 31 year old £60k a week. If that is the only way he'll stay then I'd let him go. We'd have got a lot out of him for a freebie.
Yeah, I wouldnt give him 60k with his injury record, but I'm not sure that's true anyway. Lets just wait and see and give the fella the benefit of the doubt.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Riggy Sat 09 Jan 2010, 4:18 pm

He cost us fuck all so if he is up there with the high earners so be it.
Riggy
Riggy

Number of posts : 7051

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sat 09 Jan 2010, 4:21 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
Yeah, I wouldnt give him 60k with his injury record, but I'm not sure that's true anyway. Lets just wait and see and give the fella the benefit of the doubt.
Yup, I agree.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 09 Jan 2010, 5:25 pm

MagicMike wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:
MagicMike wrote:
Yup, I agree.

Can only give him a year's deal maximum

p.s. Landon Donovan has impressed me
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 09 Jan 2010, 5:28 pm

Donovan, Ossie and Pienaar are made for Arsenal games.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

8. Louis Saha - King Twit-ter (Everton & Tottenham reject) - Page 6 Empty Saha v Arsenal

Post  hairy cataract Sun 10 Jan 2010, 3:39 pm

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this, but Saha's body language yesterday was very negative. I know the conditions were terrible etc, but he really seemed out of sorts, not part of the team.

On his way?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sun 10 Jan 2010, 3:42 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this, but Saha's body language yesterday was very negative. I know the conditions were terrible etc, but he really seemed out of sorts, not part of the team.

On his way?
I didn't think he was that bad. Great run to stay onside from Pienaar's pass early on, but really should've scored. Had one or two other moments where he went for goal when he could've laid it off, but I thought when he got the ball dow and ran at them he caused the Arsenal backline a few problems.

Not his best game, but not exactly stinking the place out.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 10 Jan 2010, 3:47 pm

MagicMike wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this, but Saha's body language yesterday was very negative. I know the conditions were terrible etc, but he really seemed out of sorts, not part of the team.

On his way?
I didn't think he was that bad. Great run to stay onside from Pienaar's pass early on, but really should've scored. Had one or two other moments where he went for goal when he could've laid it off, but I thought when he got the ball dow and ran at them he caused the Arsenal backline a few problems.

No, I didn't mean his performance, which was okay though not great - it was more his attitude. He just seemed unhappy and not up for it, like he couldn't wait to get off the pitch. Like I say, I don't blame him in the circumstances, but he wasn't a happy bunny IMO.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sun 10 Jan 2010, 3:54 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

On his way?

No, I didn't mean his performance, which was okay though not great - it was more his attitude. He just seemed unhappy and not up for it, like he couldn't wait to get off the pitch. Like I say, I don't blame him in the circumstances, but he wasn't a happy bunny IMO.
Ok, then yeah, I guess he did look a little disinterested at times. However, he looked very upset with himself for missing that early chance. Perhaps he just got more frustrated as the game went on and that's why his body langauge wasn't as positive as it has been.

He's just come back from a hamstring injury too, which might be playing on his mind.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  yankthetoffee Sun 10 Jan 2010, 3:56 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

On his way?

I thought he had a pretty decent game. Held the line well at times. Very mobile. Maybe the conditions were not to his liking. Unlike Ossie who's interview after the game looked like it was going to get embarrassing, but turned it around with his comment about it being like an "old fashioned game, with the snow. I really enjoyed it"
Maybe the other players gave Louis the shoulder?
yankthetoffee
yankthetoffee

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2005-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicMike Sun 10 Jan 2010, 4:01 pm

yankthetoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
MagicMike wrote:

On his way?

I thought he had a pretty decent game. Held the line well at times. Very mobile. Maybe the conditions were not to his liking. Unlike Ossie who's interview after the game looked like it was going to get embarrassing, but turned it around with his comment about it being like an "old fashioned game, with the snow. I really enjoyed it"
Maybe the other players gave Louis the shoulder?
Ossie was made up wasn't he? Looked like he really enjoyed himself. I thought he played really well too. Did all the neat things you'd expect from him but he closed them down really quickly too.

Regarding the 'cold shoulder' Moyes did comment that some of the players were having a go at each other for not being ruthless enough. Could have been Saha on the end of it.
MagicMike
MagicMike

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 12 Jan 2010, 12:03 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is considering a move for Everton striker Louis Saha, according to a report in the Daily Mail. Saha's talks over a new deal at Everton have stalled, with the Frenchman reportedly looking for £60,000 a week and a three-year contract.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Tue 12 Jan 2010, 12:14 pm

Super wrote:
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is considering a move for Everton striker Louis Saha, according to a report in the Daily Mail. Saha's talks over a new deal at Everton have stalled, with the Frenchman reportedly looking for £60,000 a week and a three-year contract.

he'd never get that at Arsenal
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 12 Jan 2010, 12:19 pm

I reckon the wages thing is just a ploy - he wants a three year deal, we're not going to give him one, so he's using the wages excuse to go out into the market place to try to get the best deal he can find and he's bigging up the wages issue to increase his pension plan - he's done well for us, now fuck him off...
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Tue 12 Jan 2010, 12:22 pm

Super wrote:

It also said at the end of that snippet Liverpool and Tottenham are interested. Daily Mail!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 12 Jan 2010, 1:59 pm

The funny thing is that it was less than 10 years ago we were all pissed off at Duncan making $35k/wk as the highest earner. Having said that, I can't see us giving him a 3 year contract - no way. And I also think the wages are too high.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 12 Jan 2010, 2:55 pm

Following reports that Arsenal are considering a move for Louis Saha, Sky Bet are offering 5/1 for the Everton striker to move to Emirates Stadium, and 1/10 that he will stay at Goodison Park.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38074
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 12 Jan 2010, 3:00 pm

Super wrote:
Following reports that Arsenal are considering a move for Louis Saha, Sky Bet are offering 5/1 for the Everton striker to move to Emirates Stadium, and 1/10 that he will stay at Goodison Park.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Tue 12 Jan 2010, 8:55 pm

The Griffin wrote:
Super wrote:

It also said at the end of that snippet Liverpool and Tottenham are interested. Daily Mail!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

Spurs are linked with evvvvvvveryone and then there is Liverpool who would want Saha as he would be on a free and they could be more skint than us!
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020

Back to top Go down

8. Louis Saha - King Twit-ter (Everton & Tottenham reject) - Page 6 Empty Louis Saha

Post  ToffeeDan Wed 03 Feb 2010, 4:37 pm

Has, apparently, signed a new contract... news this week I understand.

It's on GOT (and BK now). The source is said to be reliable, and I've double checked with the originator (a Tipster regular on GOT). So, news this week and, in addition Pienaar's contract not to be sorted until after the World Cup which is not as good (his contract expires 2011)

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 03 Feb 2010, 4:38 pm

Please, please, please be true. It would be a sickener to see him walk away for free.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next